The Falkirk FC Thread

Also what was the point in bringing on Waddington 2 mins from half time? 
If I was Everton would be seriously thinking again about loans to us with Lavery having so little game time. 

Are we really saying that because we signed him on loan from a big club we should play him, even if there are better players at our disposal?
Loans are two way, Everton find out something about the ability, or lack of, their player by farming him out too....

Are we really saying that because we signed him on loan from a big club we should play him, even if there are better players at our disposal?
Loans are two way, Everton find out something about the ability, or lack of, their player by farming him out too....
I get where you are coming from here and I agree. As we have seen with the likes of Dallison just because you are at a big club doesn't mean you are decent.

With Lavery though I would have liked to have seen him given a bit more game time, we have been rank rotten up top, with the exception of Zak so for me he would have been worth a try.

31 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

If I was Everton would be seriously thinking again about loans to us with Lavery having so little game time. 

McKinnon has already explained the Lavery situation. He's basically up here on some kind of work experience and to gain some exposure to a first-team environment. This is presumably at Everton's request. Time on the pitch does not appear to be part of the deal. Thought it sounded like an utterly bizarre arrangement for a club in our situation to agree to but no-one raised any questions or dissent at the time. File alongside Dan Turner in the most pointless signings of all time category. 

I get where you are coming from here and I agree. As we have seen with the likes of Dallison just because you are at a big club doesn't mean you are decent.

With Lavery though I would have liked to have seen him given a bit more game time, we have been rank rotten up top, with the exception of Zak so for me he would have been worth a try.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s possible that he’s decent.
Given McKinnon’s pig headed attitude sometimes he may just be choosing not to play him for the wrong reasons.
Nevertheless, it’s the managers job to pick the team, and he should do that irrespective of any external pressures....

9 minutes ago, AGPar said:

McKinnon has already explained the Lavery situation. He's basically up here on some kind of work experience and to gain some exposure to a first-team environment. This is presumably at Everton's request. Time on the pitch does not appear to be part of the deal. Thought it sounded like an utterly bizarre arrangement for a club in our situation to agree to but no-one raised any questions or dissent at the time. File alongside Dan Turner in the most pointless signings of all time category. 

Jesus, work experience at Falkirk, think he'll choose a different career.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Paton was injured according to the post match 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, MetalWolf said:

Paton was injured according to the post match 

Nothing against Paton but I hope it means he is out for the last 2 games so we don't ever see him Osman and McShane in the same 11 ever again. 

3 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

One bit of good news. Martin Ritchie has fucked off.

I know the official site has battened down the hatches and hasnt filed a match report for Saturday (It still has Dunfermline as our last game), but if MR has gone, does that mean he has unloaded his shares? I would have thought there would have been a statement announcing his departure.

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Not sure who of the current squad will still be there next season, however, I'm expecting Dunne and O'Hara to get contract extensions

I'd get Kerr  in as manager with Miller and Baird as player coaches. 3 experiencd players capable of playing a good chunk of football and would have good contacts within Scotland which would help build a team. 

I'd punt every single one of our current team apart from Robson who is the only one who seems to care ( not including loan players in that).

47 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I know the official site has battened down the hatches and hasnt filed a match report for Saturday (It still has Dunfermline as our last game), but if MR has gone, does that mean he has unloaded his shares? I would have thought there would have been a statement announcing his departure.

Report up now.