The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

I expect we will try keep either mcghee or Dixon to be the captain of not keeping both. I could see us keeping kidd in this scenario too. 

I thought Tidser would be your Captain next season (or is there something in his pre-contract that will cancel the deal if you go down?)

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
18 hours ago, Disco Duck said:
They aren’t coming.  There’s nothing to buy, nothing to strip.  We don’t own the majority of the stadium, have no players on long term contracts worth anything, and next season will have much lower income.
The shares which are currently in issue are worth nothing, so if the MSG are doing this just now they are wasting their time.

Just passing stuff on mucker.

Not meaning to be narky, sorry.  It could well be true that the MSG are trying it, but it’ll never happen

Not meaning to be narky, sorry.  It could well be true that the MSG are trying it, but it’ll never happen
No sorry required I wasnt saying it like you were being narky, more that I couldnt argue any further than what I posted as it was second hand.

The person who told me this stuff obviously doesnt want to come on P&B and post it all publically in case his name gets tagged to it and it causes trouble which is understandable as he is known to all parties. Im not though, so I have no problem with publically calling these people out in the same way they did our fans

7 hours ago, MetalWolf said:

I expect we will try keep either mcghee or Dixon to be the captain of not keeping both. I could see us keeping kidd in this scenario too. 

Do you think McGhee could play top flight football?

We've targeted a player who can play both full back and centre back, ideally at least competent at both, and I'm just scouring trying to guess who we'd maybe go for.

He'd start off as back up but would likely have a chance to replace an ageing Ricky Foster, or try and get a CB spot beside Jason Kerr/replace Kerr when hes sold.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've targeted a player who can play both full back and centre back, ideally at least competent at both, and I'm just scouring trying to guess who we'd maybe go for.

He'd start off as back up but would likely have a chance to replace an ageing Ricky Foster, or try and get a CB spot beside Jason Kerr/replace Kerr when hes sold.

At his best then, for me, aye.

He is 100% too good for us in League Once.

41 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Braw, not a rumour at all before folk start latching onto it, I just enjoy trying to figure what sort of targets we'll go for.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
41 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I think he is a defender who it really depends who is beside him. If he has a good partner he would do a job. He has been languishing with us.

He'd be beside Jason Kerr centrally, who is quick, strong but also aggressive. If McGhee would be better "sweeping up" behind him then it would be a good match. 

If he played full back he'd have to be able to get forward and almost be a second winger, both players we'd have in front like to drift inside.

Initially when he came in I thought he was too good for the championship. Now, I don’t think he’s better than an average championship player. That may be because he’s part of one of the worst Falkirk teams in living memory. If there is one manager who could make him better as part of a functioning defence it would be Tommy Wright. I thought Alston was much more ready for the top flight and it took him a while to get up to speed.

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Initially when he came in I thought he was too good for the championship. Now, I don’t think he’s better than an average championship player. That may be because he’s part of one of the worst Falkirk teams in living memory. If there is one manager who could make him better as part of a functioning defence it would be Tommy Wright. I thought Alston was much more ready for the top flight and it took him a while to get up to speed.

Alston maybe not the best example as he's being released this Summer, maybe we'll not move for McGhee then :lol:

What is the current situation contract wise with our squad. Not that I would want to keep many of them.

I know McShane and McLean signed longer contracts but not sure about the rest. McShane looks like he can't be arsed so I don't think he will be there in League 1.

We are going to have to build a new squad whether we go down or not and we need to get away from this quick fix option whatever way it goes. We need the nucleas of a squad that has a bit of experience about it at whatever level we are playing but we need to get away from this complete squad rebuild scenario every transfer window.

Did anyone else notice on Saturday that during an injury break in play around 20 minutes into game that Paul Paton was gesticulating to McKnnon that we were being exposed by lack of width, which probably most of us apart from Stubborn Ray noticed after 10 mins yet took him another 50 mins & two goals later to do something about 

Also what was the point in bringing on Waddington 2 mins from half time? 
If I was Everton would be seriously thinking again about loans to us with Lavery having so little game time. 
Agree with this, why sign players on loan and don't give them a chance.