The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I want rid of this board but I want to be a bit more open minded re any venture capitalists that might step in. As has been said, there are no assets so it could be argued that the only way to make cash in a 3-5 year investment would be to get us to the Premier.

Anyone else think we might be being too negative re potential incoming investment at this point?

If it’s anything other than generosity of spirit, it’s worth being suspicious. The thing is this.......if the “investment” is merely the money to buy out the MSG shares, and leave the small shareholders locked out, then all it does is allow the current MSG to sneak out the back door with whatever cash is available, and leave us to it. It doesn’t necessarily put a penny into FFC.

If there have been conversations, then I would guess the fans proposed buy out money would be pointed out as being a source of cash flow over the first 24 months.....but in exchange for what?

Is anyone really convinced that MSG and BoD actions from this point forward will be about the betterment of the football club?  Maybes aye, and maybes naw, but a healthy dose of scepticism is no bad thing at this point in the game.

I doubt anything will happen until all the fines and costs have been paid for by the supporters.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

As hilarious as it is to see Falkirk drop after we gave them a life line it is incredibly concerning to see a board of a club have no regard for their club at all. Investment Funds come in sell stuff off and then try and punt it again, in this case probably to the fans after they squeeze every last penny out.
If your board won't even talk to the fan group you need direct action, perhaps stay in the undercroft until 15:10. Going down is pish but the board are responsible and burrying their heads or playing fast and loose with a traditional club in Scotland is not on.

Looks to me like Our tea party board were done mate . Morton splashes some cash few players don’t try a leg over hit corners etc and the gangsters stay in the league at our expense. Pretty standard fare for Scottish fitba . We are a laughing stock !

Looks to me like Our tea party board were done mate . Morton splashes some cash few players don’t try a leg over hit corners etc and the gangsters stay in the league at our expense. Pretty standard fare for Scottish fitba . We are a laughing stock !
Lol

Lol

If you recall back in 2014 on the last game of the season Hamilton had to win by 8 to stay up against you’ve guessed it Morton who were safe . The score 10 -2 - I’m afraid they have history !
Our squad have no loyalty to the club most knew that win or lose they would be punted - easy pickings for the Ton mafia and I think McKinnon knew it judging by his demeanor. He knew all about them from his time in the Greenock Rivera.

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

If you recall back in 2014 on the last game of the season Hamilton had to win by 8 to stay up against you’ve guessed it Morton who were safe . The score 10 -2 - I’m afraid they have history !
Our squad have no loyalty to the club most knew that win or lose they would be punted - easy pickings for the Ton mafia and I think McKinnon knew it judging by his demeanor. He knew all about them from his time in the Greenock Rivera.

Don't forget us rolling over to give Alloa a win a few weeks back so that you would be absolutely fucked once we sworded you. 

b1a5e29f-5ad6-4b4a-b24c-c11112db682b.thumb.jpg.7acd6bf2e6c949990fd4c367d944e61a.jpg

33 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Nah, Morten were already relegated, and Hamilton were fighting for the title, not to avoid relegation.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

7 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Don’t tell me... his maw’s Scottish and his da’s Brazilian-Italian? Plays as a no. 10? Sounds like a player...

hopefully, when we go down, we'll build a squad of (hopefully fairly young) players that aren't loanees and are instead a team for the coming years that will actually care about playing for the club and the shirt. this 6 month, 1 year loan thing is killing us......we get some decent players for the short term then they move on, no consistency or investment there.

22 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

This one is absolutely broken.

6BEC15A5-C82F-4D2C-90B0-AB56CACB21AF.gif.e66efea31b79562d79da757f9444d7c5.gif

11 minutes ago, squeekybairn said:

hopefully, when we go down, we'll build a squad of (hopefully fairly young) players that aren't loanees and are instead a team for the coming years that will actually care about playing for the club and the shirt. this 6 month, 1 year loan thing is killing us......we get some decent players for the short term then they move on, no consistency or investment there.

If and when we go down, building a team good enough to get out of a seaside league will be a cakewalk compared to trying to get rid ourselves of incompetent club officials who have yet to muster a single apology for any of their multiple screw ups.

No apology equates to “we have done nothing wrong”. Getting that arrogance out of the club won’t happen any time soon.

40 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Stainrod:

I think you want to check your facts, rather than making things up to support you conspiracy theories. If you do, you may just find that the position FFC find themselves in is down to your BOD, their Managerial appointments and poor decision making.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Can someone explain?

I have it in good authority McCall will leave Ayr if they fail to go up and the exodus starts with their playing squad. 
Would he fancy coming back for a complete rebuild of our club?

Heard that he was being lined up to go to Partick if they continue to struggle. Maybe them staying up might benefit us as we might get him. I think he was a phone call away from their chairman to coming to us.

36 minutes ago, squeekybairn said:

SB:

If you go down (still football to played, although I agree it's not looking great), I agree that a good young squad is the answer -. you will know better than me, but I was always surprised that FFC binned what seemed like a good youth set up under Craig McPherson?.

I think if it’s confirmed next weekend that we’re away, there should be as toxic as possible atmosphere at the RC game. Give them absolute hell.

Totally agree. Falkirk fans have been amazingly loyal and that has been one of the very few positives during the last few seasons. However this has also given the board a huge safety net and a feeling of untouchable accountability. That needs to be removed and we can no longer give our support regardless. I would call it blind faith but I think we have all been watching it happen (myself included) too shocked to react. I’m not sure how best to vent/show this frustration but doing nothing surely can’t continue? however I suspect that even dropping to league won’t be enough to provoke any serious reaction.

This really could be time up for Falkirk as a going concern. Real possibility that if they go down they’ll be another Airdrieonians, a team who were previously  genuinely capable of silverware in the 2nd tier but have since slipped to League 1 mediocrity and struggle to get near 4 figure attendances. Falkirk have become a club with no money or tangible assets, have an apathetic fan base,  and a playing squad who’ll be lucky to stay in League 1 next season.

All very concerning for Falkirk fans but UTTERLY FUCKING DELICIOUS FOR THE REST OF US

Totally agree. Falkirk fans have been amazingly loyal and that has been one of the very few positives during the last few seasons. However this has also given the board a huge safety net and a feeling of untouchable accountability. That needs to be removed and we can no longer give our support regardless. I would call it blind faith but I think we have all been watching it happen (myself included) too shocked to react. I’m not sure how best to vent/show this frustration but doing nothing surely can’t continue? however I suspect that even dropping to league won’t be enough to provoke any serious reaction.

Na I think it will be toxic at the RC game. The only caveat being if we beat DU then supoorting the team probably will and should take precedence but thats not going to happen.

Either way the RC game should see some sort of protest outside and if we are down already, continued into the game for the 90 minutes

41 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

Stainrod:

I think you want to check your facts...

He clearly didn’t or was fishing as Hamilton went on to win  promotion and Morton had been relegated a long time before that game.