The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

Nice  Quote Hedgie, but you not other things to worry about?

I'm sharing my personal experiences of the past 6 months. :(

But you're right, I need to cut the grass for the first time this year but I overdid myself using weights and pushing the b*****d mower around in pain is not appealing. That said, nor is cutting the grass in general. 

this is what happens when you overhaul your squad every 6 months and fill it full of loanees and short term contracts. not enough care enough to dig us out when needed. no long term outlook. there's little connection between the players and fans like there was with the academy players who felt they owed the club something

Tbf tho, the only Boiz who looked bort yesterday were the loanees.

Harry gave the players a team talk at 2-0 (while Captain McGhee done f**k all) & Zak ran his heart out and deservedly got a round of applause at the end.

DKD loves us.

The only other one who cares is wee Tommy who has been frozen out by McKinnon. Fucking joke.

I just want everyone emptied so badly.

Shug got the best reception of everyone yesterday and that’s cuz he’s a Bairn. Get that connection back.

Where we at then? Still holding out hope or just wanting it to be official so we can kick up a fuss at the last game?
I think the rebuild required to again scrape survival next year is sizable and costly. Problem is how to get out of that rut once you are in it other than go down and return to the league as a side on the up.

Its fucking shite obvs but just get us doon.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Asset strip? What assets?

Whilst this is a fair point, they arent coming for anyones benefit except theirs

They aren’t coming.  There’s nothing to buy, nothing to strip.  We don’t own the majority of the stadium, have no players on long term contracts worth anything, and next season will have much lower income.

The shares which are currently in issue are worth nothing, so if the MSG are doing this just now they are wasting their time.

They aren’t coming.  There’s nothing to buy, nothing to strip.  We don’t own the majority of the stadium, have no players on long term contracts worth anything, and next season will have much lower income.
The shares which are currently in issue are worth nothing, so if the MSG are doing this just now they are wasting their time.
Just passing stuff on mucker.

I don't expect us to get any goals in the remaining games.
Bit like this myself. I wouldnt be AS resigned to it if I thought McKinnon would be able to muster up any fight from anywhere.... I dont see it though. I think our race is run

I would expect a major circling of the wagons this week. McKinnon will have to turn to ML and CC for a friendly face. They in turn will be looking towards the rest of the BoD to back them up, and in turn, the BoD will turn to the MSG.

I reckon there will be much radio silence thereafter as they try to protect their investments/jobs/benefits, and will just try to ride out any storm that comes along by saying nothing.

I would expect a major circling of the wagons this week. McKinnon will have to turn to ML and CC for a friendly face. They in turn will be looking towards the rest of the BoD to back them up, and in turn, the BoD will turn to the MSG.
I reckon there will be much radio silence thereafter as they try to protect their investments/jobs/benefits, and will just try to ride out any storm that comes along by saying nothing.
They will get outed.

I want rid of this board but I want to be a bit more open minded re any venture capitalists that might step in. As has been said, there are no assets so it could be argued that the only way to make cash in a 3-5 year investment would be to get us to the Premier.

Anyone else think we might be being too negative re potential incoming investment at this point?

35 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

If we’re going down which unless a miracle happens we definitely are, I think McKinnon will resign anyway.

Whatever protest is happening at the last game of the season I’ll be there.

Don't see any chance of him resigning. He is a money grabber and won't throw away a year's worth of dough.