The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If you were there yesterday, you wouldn’t need to ask that question......

No, I was not, however I give you much greatness for travelling all the way from Romania, young man.

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Although I wouldn't trust our board on getting rid of Caldwell 

I think they were close to punting him after the Dunfermline 3-0 game. 

It's the biggest drop in standard through the divisions, as all will be part-time (not sure what Raith are upto next season).  But you are correct, you still need the management and players, you will get nothing for free. Just look at Raith and Dunfermline a few season back.
PS, have you totally given up?
ETA - Just looked at your table, you need a win, 2 draws can only get you a playoff, if your're lucky.

I personally think we need to win next Saturday for a chance of 9th, maybe 8th if we are incredibly lucky. I think our best hope is Alloa to lose both games (won’t happen) and we get 3 points from somewhere (also not going to happen).

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The board wont release it. They are hiding behind "due diligence" when the reality of it to me appears to me that they are all lining up to abandon ship and stringing us along witg the prospect of fan ownership until its too late to stop some asset strippers coming in.

Either that or they are fiddling while Rome burns, but they are surely too shrewd for that to be the case.

Asset strip? What assets?

As hilarious as it is to see Falkirk drop after we gave them a life line it is incredibly concerning to see a board of a club have no regard for their club at all. Investment Funds come in sell stuff off and then try and punt it again, in this case probably to the fans after they squeeze every last penny out.

If your board won't even talk to the fan group you need direct action, perhaps stay in the undercroft until 15:10. Going down is pish but the board are responsible and burrying their heads or playing fast and loose with a traditional club in Scotland is not on.

53 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

ETA - Just looked at your table, you need a win, 2 draws can only get you a playoff, if your're lucky.

Obviously it's not in Falikirk's hands now. As it stands and assuming each team above them loses their remaining games.

Falkirk would require 1 win to catch Partick (or 2 draws), Alloa and Queens and 2 wins to catch Morton and Pars.  

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Obviously it's not in Falikirk's hands now. As it stands and assuming each team above them loses their remaining games.

Falkirk would require 1 win to catch Partick (or 2 draws), Alloa and Queens and 2 wins to catch Morton and Pars.  

I don’t expect us to get any points in the remaining games.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t expect us to get any points in the remaining games.

Although you'll annoyingly have that slim hope that you can pull it off even though the inevitable is in the pipeline. 

As an old guy in a prison once said: "hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane" 

Falkirk Deserve to be relegated for getting rid of there great youth system which brought throw many good good players.   Instead they bring in diddys put them up in digs give them good wages and it blows up in your face.   The bigwigs need to take the blame.

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Although you'll annoyingly have that slim hope that you can pull it off even though the inevitable is in the pipeline. 

As an old guy in a prison once said: "hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane" 

Nice  Quote Hedgie, but you not other things to worry about?