The Falkirk FC Thread

I disagree, the players are certainly good enough for this league. They're just not being motivated. What's happened with McShane - he looked excellent at first? Now he's getting dropped, subbed, moved all over the pitch. He was on fire just before half time, sprinting after lost causes but he came out of the tunnel with his arse around his knees and didn't try a leg in the second half. 

The only player with fire in his belly today was Rudden and it was noticeable that Burgoyne got the team in a huddle and tried to fire them up before kicking off at 0-2. 

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I really don't think the issue is the way we line up, whether it be seen as a defensive or attacking formation. For me it is totally down to the quality or lack of it players we have.

The majority are not good enough and that's the bottom line. Our managers have signed shite and apart from a few they are nowhere near up to the task.

This.  We have zero creativity in this team, and no amount of physical presence can make up for that.  Full backs not pushing up, midfielders pass sideways and backwards, everyone off the ball is static.  Only Rudden tries.

We will have our 5th new squad in 24 months next season.  We’ve no youth system feeding through.  Don’t expect us back in a hurry.

Guest Ecosse83

I have to say I'm astounded people think he should be our manager next season of we go down. Yes the squad still isn't great but he was well enough backed in January to push us up the table. 

He signed Osman and mcshane which I thought would be the end of Paton but no it meant 3 deep lying midfielders all starting just about every game. 

I can take being relegated to League 1 it's been coming for a while now but what I won't be able to handle would be the anti football hoofball tactics in League 1.

34 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

The only player with fire in his belly today was Rudden and it was noticeable that Burgoyne got the team in a huddle and tried to fire them up before kicking off at 0-2. 

This.  The ambition, desire and ability shown by Rudden and Burgoyne is to their credit, and is damning on the other empty shirts out there in comparison.

In all honesty the seaside league can be pretty enjoyable. Provides a wee break from the usual opponents and if you do it right you get a trophy at the end of it.

Falkirk have to get their next managerial appointment absolutely spot on and recruit well. If they do then they’ll bounce back at the first attempt.

Absolutely gutted. Third tier he we come and I’ve no faith we’ll come straight back up.
Last time we were down there it took us 3 seasons to get back up.
Not going to be easy to get back straight away.

Falkirk played quite defensively today and still looked wide open. A side with pace and a decent final ball would have scored 4/5 easy.

I can totally understand why McKinnon plays this way because going aggressive would end in a total massacre.

He’ll start the United game with Rudden and Jarvis I’d guess but even a half-arsed United are a tough side to beat at Tannadice.

15 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I can take being relegated to League 1 it's been coming for a while now but what I won't be able to handle would be the anti football hoofball tactics in League 1.

How exactly has it been "coming for a while"? Three seasons ago we were a draw at Rugby Park away from getting into the Premier League, having knocked out Hibs in the play-offs and beaten The Rangers twice at home. Two seasons ago we finished second. Last season was pretty dire, but we were never in serious danger after Christmas Time, admittedly in part due to Brechin and Dumbarton being woeful. It hasn't been coming for a while and for a club with our support and relative resources it shouldn't be coming at all. It's "come "because of the spectacular incompetence of the worst board in Scottish football.

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, AGPar said:

How exactly has it been "coming for a while"? Three seasons ago we were a draw at Rugby Park away from getting into the Premier League, having knocked out Hibs in the play-offs and beaten The Rangers twice at home. Two seasons ago we finished second. Last season was pretty dire, but we were never in serious danger after Christmas Time, admittedly in part due to Brechin and Dumbarton being woeful. It hasn't been coming for a while and for a club with our support and relative resources it shouldn't be coming at all. It's "come "because of the spectacular incompetence of the worst board in Scottish football.

Coming for a while as in since the start of the season when we could see how shit we are. 

What the hell has 3 seasons ago hit to do with it?

18 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

Last time we were down there it took us 3 seasons to get back up.
Not going to be easy to get back straight away.

Behave.

Stay full time and you will be fine, providing no other full time team goes down,

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Sorry guys but this is for the 2 Bams that threw a bottle at me -from a car - after the 1-1 draw at Cappielow.

JB.

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif?ss

You’re a clean pile of shite and I assume you know are - folk willing coming onto another clubs thread to talk about their diddy grievances. Wee bit tragic.