The Falkirk FC Thread

This will have absolutely no effect on Saturday. The fans have put up with this mess for two seasons and are backing the team even more than ever. Saturday will be the same. It would be good is we were to win the next two and turn on them v RC.

If we go down this is not the reason, nothing near it

Oh I know mate, this wouldn’t be the reason if we were to go down. I’m just confused why it needed said at this juncture at all. As you say, let’s see what the next couple of weeks bring fella.

That's exactly how shitty boards stay in power though. They lurch from one disaster to the next and we continue to back them as "now is not the time". Well, it probably is since the disasters are never going to abate whilst these c**t waffles are in charge. 

You won’t find anyone more keen to rid the club of these imposters and I don’t disagree that it’s been one disaster after another by them. But it feels like both parties have made “nothing” statements in the last day or so that could have waited till these 3 games are over.

You won’t find anyone more keen to rid the club of these imposters and I don’t disagree that it’s been one disaster after another by them. But it feels like both parties have made “nothing” statements in the last day or so that could have waited till these 3 games are over.

I don’t often disagree with you but I think you are wrong to say Kenny and David should have waited.

They have lived and breathed this since November. They raised 600k in pledges in 2/3 weeks. Kenny wrote 4, yes 4 different plans to accommodate the wishes of the MSG. They were happy with it but asked the Board to do the final sign off. (That come from communications to potential patrons). They then waited over 2 weeks to present to the Board and over two weeks to get an answer which they got yesterday. Which, for the first time they were told about other parties and certainly noting about these parties wishing to work with the fans investment.

I think they have done brilliantly to keep their cool and things under wraps for months.

They are representing 900+ fans who have committed their hard cash. They had a right to know what is going on IMO.

I think they have out manoeuvred the Board/MSG hence the panic statement tonight.

I don’t often disagree with you but I think you are wrong to say Kenny and David should have waited.

They have lived and breathed this since November. They raised 600k in pledges in 2/3 weeks. Kenny wrote 4, yes 4 different plans to accommodate the wishes of the MSG. They were happy with it but asked the Board to do the final sign off. (That come from communications to potential patrons). They then waited over 2 weeks to present to the Board and over two weeks to get an answer which they got yesterday. Which, for the first time they were told about other parties and certainly noting about these parties wishing to work with the fans investment.

I think they have done brilliantly to keep their cool and things under wraps for months.

They are representing 900+ fans who have committed their hard cash. They had a right to know what is going on IMO.

I think they have out manoeuvred the Board/MSG hence the panic statement tonight.

You’ll not find me disagreeing with any of the comments about David or Kenny mate. Take my hat off to them and every supporter who is simply trying to make a difference.

Poor that they were not told yesterday about the other potential investors and that they are willing to work with the fans (as per the club’s statement tonight). As we’ve discussed countless times, I don’t trust the MSG or certain board members one bit. I do think now is the time to ensure our short term survival though. Has to be the priority. Once/If we get it then that it is the time for next steps including how the fans can get this lot out, sooner rather than later.

The only contribution supporters can make (for now), is to vocally support the team. That will stay in place as long as survival is possible.

If and when we are relegated, the shit will hit the fan. Personally, I actually laughed out loud when the statement said the BoD were carrying out “due diligence”. That’ll be a first.

You’ll not find me disagreeing with any of the comments about David or Kenny mate. Take my hat off to them and every supporter who is simply trying to make a difference.

Poor that they were not told yesterday about the other potential investors and that they are willing to work with the fans (as per the club’s statement tonight). As we’ve discussed countless times, I don’t trust the MSG or certain board members one bit. I do think now is the time to ensure our short term survival though. Has to be the priority. Once/If we get it then that it is the time for next steps including how the fans can get this lot out, sooner rather than later.

They were only told yesterday but not any detail or that they wanted to possibly work with the fans. Do you actually think these have just come out of the blue in the last 2 weeks? I don’t

The only contribution supporters can make (for now), is to vocally support the team. That will stay in place as long as survival is possible.
If and when we are relegated, the shit will hit the fan. Personally, I actually laughed out loud when the statement said the BoD were carrying out “due diligence”. That’ll be a first.

“When” we are relegated? Bet you’re a good laugh mate. Glad to have you with us in the trenches....

30 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

“When” we are relegated? Bet you’re a good laugh mate. Glad to have you with us in the trenches....

Why did you miss out the “if” word? The phrase “if and when” is pretty standard for something that may or my not happen, but is well within the bounds of possibility.

As for Falkirk trenches, I’ll be fine.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

33 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We're not going down. I don't think we'll even be in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

We're not going down. I don't think we'll even be in the playoffs.

I hope so. The grey areas are disappearing quickly for all five teams. QotS are looking ropey, and hopefully will stay on the slippery path, but Saturday is our only remaining chance of damaging another bottom five team, and we really have to take it.

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Talk of boycotting next season is nonsense. I’m taking over the boardroom by force after the Ross County game and you are all welcome to join me.

how will you get past the army of flying monkeys?

burns.jpg.509813054207b7434387853c0382cd6b.jpg

55 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Talk of boycotting next season is nonsense. I’m taking over the boardroom by force after the Ross County game and you are all welcome to join me.

Will their be biscuits and mugs of piping hot tea?

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Afraid to say I can’t imagine that’s entirely the case - they’ve done a great job but it takes a hell of a long time to actually get the legals / financials into place. Having a full share dilution signed off in 3/4 months as suggested would be beyond most companies. If we get it by the start of next season then that is quick. 

still do think that more anger should be directed at the MSG, the BoD can’t do anything without their sign off. Think we should be looking hard at their part to play