The Falkirk FC Thread

If it was April 1st I’d get this. The impression we were given was that the Lex deal killed this off. If not then there needs to be some clarity from the Board.
Why would the Lex deal kill off the fine? If anything, paying up to Morton made it even more likely the appeal would fail.

It’s now time for a mass non renewal of season tickets. The support have had to take so much inept nonsense from this shower, and they now look as if they are happy to keep on messing everyone around in the belief that everyone will just keep on giving.

I don’t know if it’s one or two people behind this eternal fuckwittery, or if they all contribute to it, and simply hide behind one another, but clearly there is something seriously broken at the club.

Perfect timing as always. As per their track record going back to George Craig, there will be no meaningful soul searching on how to fix this. Instead, it’ll be corridor conversations on “how can we spin this, and how can we hide this”.

They patronisingly tell us it’s “our club”, but their actions make it clear that it is their club. Fair enough. Let them get on with running and funding their club on their own. Sadly, that’s what needs to happen.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s now time for a mass non renewal of season tickets. The support have had to take so much inept nonsense from this shower, and they now look as if they are happy to keep on messing everyone around in the belief that everyone will just keep on giving.

I don’t know if it’s one or two people behind this eternal fuckwittery, or if they all contribute to it, and simply hide behind one another, but clearly there is something seriously broken at the club.

Perfect timing as always. As per their track record going back to George Craig, there will be no meaningful soul searching on how to fix this. Instead, it’ll be corridor conversations on “how can we spin this, and how can we hide this”.

They patronisingly tell us it’s “our club”, but their actions make it clear that it is their club. Fair enough. Let them get on with running and funding their club on their own. Sadly, that’s what needs to happen.

Whilst I don't disagree with any of this, I don't think now is the right time to start talking about boycotts etc. The next three games are crucial and everyone's focus should be on these. I am sure the time for hounding this mob out will come, especially if we go down then I think their position will be completely unattainable. 

Are we actually going to have to starve the team of cash and possibly get relegated in order to get the board out? 

Looking likely. 

Yip I think that is one of two options. The other line their pockets

16 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Whilst I don't disagree with any of this, I don't think now is the right time to start talking about boycotts etc. The next three games are crucial and everyone's focus should be on these. I am sure the time for hounding this mob out will come, especially if we go down then I think their position will be completely unattainable. 

They need to be gone irrespective of how this season finishes up, it makes no difference. Their procrastination has killed off any goodwill and momentum in relation to the share purchase scheme, so that if their "other options" amount to naught and they come crawling back to the fans, plenty will tell them to stick it. I know I will. It's pretty much dead in the water now. More than likely their intention all along.

They need to be gone irrespective of how this season finishes up, it makes no difference. Their procrastination has killed off any goodwill and momentum in relation to the share purchase scheme, so that if their "other options" amount to naught and they come crawling back to the fans, plenty will tell them to stick it. I know I will. It's pretty much dead in the water now. More than likely their intention all along.

To think the numbers we have followed the team in this season, especially since Christmas. We pledged 600k+ in January too and they go and negotiate with others and treat us like some other unconnected investor. They can go f**k themselves now.

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

They patronisingly tell us it’s “our club”, but their actions make it clear that it is their club. Fair enough. Let them get on with running and funding their club on their own.

That's been blatantly obvious since 1996. When I stopped being a supporter & realised I was merely a customer, who pays to be "entertained".

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

Yep.. I was only going to be a £30 a month merchant but f**k them. A boycott is needed. No chance I'm buying a season if they are still there 

I am of an age where I went through the Fulston stuff, the provisional liquidation (there was no administration back then, just liquidation), the BtB stuff where individuals game up a hell of a lot of time to try and raise funds, the post BtB stuff where one or two sought to get something for themselves out of it.

Of course, the Ritchie era where GC was allowed to run his football mover/shaker fantasies to the full while the BoD looked the other way, and then the infamous stadium meeting with MR and GC begging the support to get them out of the grubber, and on to this latest series of shambolic club management decisions.

Remember all the stuff about communication and transparency?

I am totally onboard with how crucial the next three Saturdays will be, and the team will have my support.....the club already have my money.

Thereafter though, there are some serious decisions to be made. The cost of all of these screw ups will be met by who? I think we know the answer.

Without seriously addressing the changes that are needed, then for me, next season’s ST is a non starter. I can happily deal with following a football team that aren’t very good, and win next to nothing.......that’s one of the things that sets everyone apart from the OF. 

I just can’t be involved in anything that props up the current BoD, and despite platitudes to the contrary, supporters cash is the only thing that matters, and the only leverage we collectively hold. 

Our BoD however, have now crapped all over their paying customers yet again, and this time, it needs to be them that pays the price. They have a little gem of a support when compared to other clubs, yet choose to screw it over again and again and again.

I have had my fill of them. Overly long rant over.

P.S. Really feel for Kenny and David. Two guys committing ridiculous hours in an attempt to do something positive for FFC.

The BoD have now shafted them.  

Our BoD seem to be really good at that sort of thing.

Following various reports online, we wish to take the opportunity to update our supporters on exactly where we are in terms of fan ownership and further investment into the club.

The final draft Fan Ownership Proposal was presented to the Board of Directors on 28th March. Conversation is currently ongoing at board level and with the Major Shareholders Group in relation to this.

In the meantime, the Board of Directors have been approached by other potential investors in the club and one of these may offer a structure that would sit alongside the fan ownership investment. We need to take time to fully understand these further potential investment proposals and it would be wrong of us to compromise this process in any way. Due diligence and investigations must be carried out on all of these proposals and meetings must take place with the relevant parties to understand their thoughts and plans for the future of the club.

We expect that this will take a few weeks at which time we will be able to make a proper considered decision on the best way forward for the club.  The short, medium and long term sustainability, investment and ownership of the club will be the key factors taken into consideration and we would like to re-assure any supporter concerned by perceived delays to the fan ownership proposal that this has been done with the very best intentions of the club moving forward.

Margaret Lang

Chairman

My default position is  “I no longer believe anything you say”. As the saying goes...the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

Probably actually have to look past the BoD and straight at the MSG - they are the ones who could actually make this happen.

Think we need to concentrate on the on field situation tbh just now. This short term issue has to be the current priority although it’s disappointing, if not expected, that the board are dragging their feet.

Sounds like there’s no update currently so not really sure why either party have made comment, ie to the patrons via an email and now the club via a statement.

Let’s just get on, as one, trying to stay in this damn league.

Reading that report from ML stinks of, we are going to try and get money from someone but if that doesn't pan out we will come back to the fans and take their money instead.

I was only a £20 a month investor but reading her statement she can absolutely get to f**k. She will be getting nothing from me. Until they are gone they won't see a penny from me.

43 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Think we need to concentrate on the on field situation tbh just now. This short term issue has to be the current priority although it’s disappointing, if not expected, that the board are dragging their feet.

Sounds like there’s no update currently so not really sure why either party have made comment, ie to the patrons via an email and now the club via a statement.

I agree in that any vocal demonstration on Saturday would be counter productive, but if we lose the game, then who knows what the reaction will be. If we are down by the time RC arrive at the stadium, it could be an interesting afternoon.

“It’s not our club, it’s your club. Unless we receive a better offer to fill our pockets”

Feel sorry for David and Kenny, put in a lot of work just to have it thrown in their faces.

Thinking of putting my money into the Bairns4Life instead, at least that will go straight to the managers transfer kitty.

This will have absolutely no effect on Saturday. The fans have put up with this mess for two seasons and are backing the team even more than ever. Saturday will be the same. It would be good is we were to win the next two and turn on them v RC.

If we go down this is not the reason, nothing near it