The Falkirk FC Thread

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The other thing is given the versatility of Dixon and McGhee, it transforms easily back to a 4.

Only problem for me is still lack of forward drive in the midfield area. I might be tempted to play Waddington in there instead of McShane but I just like the way McShane looks after the ball etc. We sorely lacked that against Pars. Any way you cut it though we lack forward drive centrally.

I'd have played Waddington instead of Paton but, as he's always breathing out of his arse after an hour, I'd rather keep him to come on in the 2nd half.

I'd have played Waddington instead of Paton but, as he's always breathing out of his arse after an hour, I'd rather keep him to come on in the 2nd half.
Aye, against Alloa he started brightly for me but in the second half he looked so fucked that he had kinda lost control of his feet.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, against Alloa he started brightly for me but in the second half he looked so fucked that he had kinda lost control of his feet.

Reminds me of Ted McMinn when he's like that

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Thank f**k you lot don't visit us again or you'd have won more at EEP than at home all season emoji1.png

So true. It’s absolutely mental that we have won as many league games at your place as we have against everyone at ours.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Reminds me of Ted McMinn when he's like that

Aye, the boy certainly isn’t a 90 minute kind of guy. Will probably have some part to play though.

Would appear we have lost the appeal according to this on twitter.

We did nothing wrong, he had no compensation in his contract but we are 120k down. Shambles

How much will it be to get shot if we go down?

Note out last night to potential patrons that there is no chance of any fan buyout happening in time to boost this summers transfer budget. The Board are "considering one or two other options" as well as this one.They will get back to the guys in the next two or three weeks apparently.

Note out last night to potential patrons that there is no chance of any fan buyout happening in time to boost this summers transfer budget. The Board are "considering one or two other options" as well as this one.They will get back to the guys in the next two or three weeks apparently.

The Board should be treated to an atmosphere of pure bile on Saturday in that case, and if we are lucky enough to be safe on the last day, that game should be made solely about hounding them.

They are now fucking about with the fans who have pledged their own money, both large and small it doesnt matter.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

We did nothing wrong, he had no compensation in his contract but we are 120k down. Shambles

How much will it be to get shot if we go down?

Anyone assuming this meant no compensation was due was taking one line from the SPFL tribunal’s summary, misinterpreting it and diving in with two feet in repeating that misunderstanding over and over again.

The contract had no clause for compensation in it, in that it didn’t have a clause specifying an amount with words to the effect of ‘if this contract is broken prior to the expiry date then £XXX is due.’ It’s a complete fallacy to argue that no amount being specified = no compensation being due. You’re effectively arguing that any contract which doesn’t specify an amount in a release clause allows either party to break it instantly for £0.

As the tribunal’s findings stated, it was fixed term contract until May 2019. Therefore both parties were bound to it until May 2019 unless they could mutually agree to terminate it, which naturally would involve the side breaking it compensating the other for the value of the contract or some part of it.

Flipping this round the other way to demonstrate the point, let’s say for argument’s sake Morton were the ones terminating it because they wanted to sack McKinnon for whatever reason. Are you saying that because there was no monetary amount for compensation specified in the contract, Morton could sack him in August 2018, with 9 months to run on the contract, and not have to pay him anything for terminating it early?

If you can see why that argument is obviously ridiculous, you can see why the argument that no specified compensation clause existed means no compensation is due to Morton is also ridiculous.

27 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Anyone assuming this meant no compensation was due was taking one line from the SPFL tribunal’s summary, misinterpreting it and diving in with two feet in repeating that misunderstanding over and over again.

The contract had no clause for compensation in it, in that it didn’t have a clause specifying an amount with words to the effect of ‘if this contract is broken prior to the expiry date then £XXX is due.’ It’s a complete fallacy to argue that no amount being specified = no compensation being due. You’re effectively arguing that any contract which doesn’t specify an amount in a release clause allows either party to break it instantly for £0.

As the tribunal’s findings stated, it was fixed term contract until May 2019. Therefore both parties were bound to it until May 2019 unless they could mutually agree to terminate it, which naturally would involve the side breaking it compensating the other for the value of the contract or some part of it.

Flipping this round the other way to demonstrate the point, let’s say for argument’s sake Morton were the ones terminating it because they wanted to sack McKinnon for whatever reason. Are you saying that because there was no monetary amount for compensation specified in the contract, Morton could sack him in August 2018, with 9 months to run on the contract, and not have to pay him anything for terminating it early?

If you can see why that argument is obviously ridiculous, you can see why the argument that no specified compensation clause existed means no compensation is due to Morton is also ridiculous.

Fair play to anyone that bothers to read this.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

how disappointing, extra monies that would go into the playing budget  could make or break next season, whichever league we are in.

Feel for David and Kenny, they have done a lot of work to get it to this point to make sure they money was in place for next season and now board/MSG procrastination is totally scuppered that, so much for Sandy Alexanders ' lets get behind this scheme!' at the AGM

Wonder what the 'one or two other options' are? 

F**king canny give away your money to this mob.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Looks like this mob will have to be dragged out of the boardroom feet first.
Any pretence of competence or even putting the club before their own egos now gone.
SACK THE BOARD.

Exactly, to me 'one or two other options' means options where we get money in our pocket and not just to the club