The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So then it can be nothing more than in his system, McKinnon doesn’t see a place where Robson can fit in effectively other than to cover injury/suspension.

I'm not sure; I know that discussions have taken place between them on more than one occasion and that those were amicable, but for some reason "I rate you" is not translating into "I'll play you on Saturday".

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

. Anyone who force fits that they are twenty nine and three quarters years old into a football forum isn’t too high up on my list of people to take seriously. Go play Adrian Mole somewhere else. Your stalking tendencies are getting slightly creepy now.

I would see the point if you had something to say, but you don’t. Shouldn’t you be raising kids or some such at twenty nine and three quarters instead of posting dross on here?

Go easy on him Duncan he’ll have another date lined up in the West End of Glasgow tomorrow a Wednesday is a big day for the mallow :lol:

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Morton game should be a test of McKenna and Dixon at centre half since we'll be without Edge against Utd anyway. If they can't do it against Morton... 

I’m sure if you asked nicely we’d happily let you play Edge.

I think we got away with it on Saturday and as much as I would like to see free flowing football I would rather he went back to the system he was playing for the next game.

The two strikers just didn’t work for me in that formation and left us exposed.

I would rather try and nick a goal and build on it without trying a new look at this stage.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but you can only piss with .... blah blah!

Guest Ecosse83
31 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I think we got away with it on Saturday and as much as I would like to see free flowing football I would rather he went back to the system he was playing for the next game.

The two strikers just didn’t work for me in that formation and left us exposed.

I would rather try and nick a goal and build on it without trying a new look at this stage.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but you can only piss with .... blah blah!

I do get what you mean but I'd still go 352 with Robson in the team and 2 up top. With no DKD in the side we will probably have to rely on set pieces to score and that's too risky. We need to win so we must go for it in my opinion. 

Tend to agree. McKinnon will go with what he knows. Biggest issue will be Morten coming for a point. This season, every visiting side has come and had at least a wee go knowing how bad we were. Two home wins of out 16 games says it all really.

Morten won’t complain if they hang on to a point, and for us, that’s not a great outcome. It’s the three points that will really set the boat rocking. My big worry is how fragile we looked against Alloa. Don’t know how he changes that, because the pressure on the players is going to be much higher this week.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Why does there have to be an issue if a manager doesn’t play a player?

I think there always has to be an issue, but the issue doesn’t have to be a major fall out or a dislike of one another.  It can be “I don’t think you are good enough”, or “I don’t think you are ready” or “You don’t fit the system I am having to play at this point in time”.

If things are amicable between them, then it’s got to be a system thing.

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

He rates one player more than the other for that position, it's not some daft conspiracy but you keep putting the boot into McKinnon as always.

I think Dixon is a better left back than Robson (although he was feckin brutal on Saturday) however, we need to win games so IMO I think we should be going with 5 across the middle. TR is our best option wide left in that formation.

Morton don't score many goals and will probably sit in so I think we could risk a back 3 on Saturday.

I think Dixon is a better left back than Robson (although he was feckin brutal on Saturday) however, we need to win games so IMO I think we should be going with 5 across the middle. TR is our best option wide left in that formation.
Morton don't score many goals and will probably sit in so I think we could risk a back 3 on Saturday.
I am not sure how much a risk it is really. I think 3 CHs suits McKenna and Dixon. Not sure about Edge but the other two I think would look better in a 3.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I am not sure how much a risk it is really. I think 3 CHs suits McKenna and Dixon. Not sure about Edge but the other two I think would look better in a 3.

Plus it would accommodate McShane who surely needs to play to provide some creativity in the middle. 

Plus it would accommodate McShane who surely needs to play to provide some creativity in the middle. 
The other thing is given the versatility of Dixon and McGhee, it transforms easily back to a 4.

Only problem for me is still lack of forward drive in the midfield area. I might be tempted to play Waddington in there instead of McShane but I just like the way McShane looks after the ball etc. We sorely lacked that against Pars. Any way you cut it though we lack forward drive centrally.