The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we're in for McKenna at the end of the season, what's he like?

Id have Dixon in for him if I had my way, for me, McKenna looked better when we were playing 3 at the back but hasn't recreated that solid defending/silky play when we have went to a 4.

45 mins in yesterday, I was like how can we sub him and move Dixon in, that's against a pish cant score Dunfermline team. He has a long way to go, tho if his agent is good, he will get a move

Im still trying to come to terms with how bad we were yesterday and how we won 3pts...who gives a fuk tho

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Id have Dixon in for him if I had my way, for me, McKenna looked better when we were playing 3 at the back but hasn't recreated that solid defending/silky play when we have went to a 4.

45 mins in yesterday, I was like how can we sub him and move Dixon in, that's against a pish cant score Dunfermline team. He has a long way to go, tho if his agent is good, he will get a move

Im still trying to come to terms with how bad we were yesterday and how we won 3pts...who gives a fuk tho

Tam McManus said on Sportsound that 'Falkrk were dreadful" & he's seen a lot of us so that's really saying something. 

Still it's the result that matters and credit to the team for digging it out.

The lad has played 15 senior games in his life and I think only one or two has been in a back 3. He is miles quicker than any defender we have and has played in a team where not one midfielder wants to take the ball off the CH's. The team has lost twice in that time and yesterday second half he was decent. He is only going to get better. Stay up and sign decent players around him and he will stay IMO.

The lad has played 15 senior games in his life and I think only one or two has been in a back 3. He is miles quicker than any defender we have and has played in a team where not one midfielder wants to take the ball off the CH's. The team has lost twice in that time and yesterday second half he was decent. He is only going to get better. Stay up and sign decent players around him and he will stay IMO.
I concur he's in the Alan Hansen Gary Gillespie mould. only potential at the moment but it's there for sure

11 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Fell on his arse twice yesterday, letting strikers in on goal. First one fizzed past the post, second drew a good save. Gave away a stone wall penalty.

Anything else you want to know?

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He was fortunate yesterday, on another day we would've been 3-0 down due to his mistakes, he has a mistakes in him, possibly pressure yesterday but we were a mess at the back yesterday. I don't think him and the edge have gelled as a two.

I'm still bewildered how we won yesterday, hopefully we can or try to play a bit more football next week, four centre halves at the back, two sitting mids where one wants to lump the ball into space repeatedly in an ugly fashion, two wide players albeit McLean seemed up for it, simply did heehaw in the creating sense, Petra touched the ball about 6 or 7 times and a front two who are starved of service other than chase the ball when we lump the ball into space.

DKD is the only player who takes care of the ball, you can see why McKinnon tried to make him our focal point in the team. He is gonna be a massive miss next week

I'd start Todarov next week, he rumbled up the Dunfermline centre halves with more purpose and effect than both Rudden and Jarvis, that said I think we should've had a pen yesterday when Rudden was rugby challenged in the box

Had a play about with this excluding our games: https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/sco-championship/

Tuesday: Morton get a point at home to ICT

Saturday: Partick beat Alloa at home, QOS held at home by Dunfermline

Tuesday 23rd: Ayr beat Partick 2-1

Friday 26th/Saturday 27th: Partick beat Ayr at Firhill, QOS beaten in Dingwall, Morton beaten at EEP

Saturday 4th May: Alloa lose in Ayr, Partick/QOS draw, Morton get a point at home to Utd

Partick should be safe I reckon, Ayr and Alloa still to come to Firhill plus they go to Ayr where at least a point could be achievable. Alloa already looking safe to me, it's unlikely that any 3 of ourselves, Partick, Queens and Morton will cobble together enough points to overtake them. That leaves 2 from 3. This set of results would give us:

Partick: 41

Alloa: 39

Morton: 38 (Plus a game against us)

Queens: 37

Us: 35 (Plus 3 games)

If we beat Morton on Saturday, then with these set of results it'll come down to goal difference between us and Morton for 9th with QOS going down automatically, but we'd be safe if we take anything in the last 2 games. If we draw against Morton we'd need to either draw the last 2 or win one of them to even get playoffs. Saturday is an absolute must win.

My biggest worry is that Morton, Partick and Queens are all capable of outperforming the results I've given them. Partick have Ayr twice who have very little to play for and a basically safe Alloa coming to Firhill. QOS have Dunfermline and Ross County who are on the beach before a final day game against Partick who might well be safe by then. Morton have Inverness, Dunfermline and Utd, of whom only Inverness really have anything to play for. My suspicion is we might end up needed to take something from the final 2 even if we win on Saturday but then again it wouldn't shock me if we end up getting 5/6 more points in the next 3 games either. Expect the unexpected. COYB.

14 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He's nowhere near ready to play top flight football at the moment simple as that. Has shown great talent at times but has also dipped badly in recent games. One for the future but hes at the level he needs to be at just now.

6 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's nowhere near ready to play top flight football at the moment simple as that. Has shown great talent at times but has also dipped badly in recent games. One for the future but hes at the level he needs to be at just now.

Seems to fit the mould for the type of player we'd pick up, I can see us signing him and loaning him out to a Championship side until January to see how he is

50 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Seems to fit the mould for the type of player we'd pick up, I can see us signing him and loaning him out to a Championship side until January to see how he is

Whit? Livvy I’ll more than likely be headed for the Championship next season. McKenna sights will be set a bit higher than the Launderers.

You know he was cleared of all charges, and the laddie doesn’t have a criminal record? That might not sit well with your “club” staffing policy.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Whit? Livvy I’ll more than likely be headed for the Championship 

What's this based on? 

They've absolutely cruised to safety this season. Miles ahead of the bottom three.

They can’t carry over points to next season. The top flight is littered with clubs going from a top six finish to relegation scraps the following season. Livingston make Hamilton look like a sleeping giant ffs.

Unless a few more players and assistant coaches get themselves involved in the High Court, they will struggle to find more untouchables to swell the ranks.

I think we simply must win next week. If we don't, we're down. That's how I see it.

I like Ray,he seems like a nice guy but I've not enjoyed the way we put our stall out since Jan. I understand it but it's laughable to say we do anything but park the bus.

2 hours ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Based on the fact two of their key players have signed pre contracts and a few more are due to leave.

Think we've only got another two out of contract, Lawless and Lee Miller and Miller has barely played, love him but gutted that he's basically finally done. Done enough to get us up and will be a hero for many but those two are replaceable. The rest we'll get cash for. We pretty much need to sign one or two CBs and a striker. 

11 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Think we've only got another two out of contract, Lawless and Lee Miller and Miller has barely played, love him but gutted that he's basically finally done. Done enough to get us up and will be a hero for many but those two are replaceable. The rest we'll get cash for. We pretty much need to sign one or two CBs and a striker. 

So possibly the 3 positions most likely to have a huge impact on your success next season?