The Falkirk FC Thread

Wages. He's being paid a lot more than he was on at Morton. Given that you guys pay peanuts, that doesn't really translate into Premiership wages.

Cause Rae said so

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Wages. He's being paid a lot more than he was on at Morton. Given that you guys pay peanuts, that doesn't really translate into Premiership wages.

"MORTON chairman Crawford Rae says Michael Tidser was tempted away from the club by a ‘crazy’ offer from bitter rivals Falkirk".

Seriously, he's on ridiculous money, which will be even more ridiculous if you drop down a league.

Given your BoD  aptitude for wasting thousands of £pounds are you really doubting it?  

"MORTON chairman Crawford Rae says Michael Tidser was tempted away from the club by a ‘crazy’ offer from bitter rivals Falkirk".

Seriously, he's on ridiculous money, which will be even more ridiculous if you drop down a league.

Given your BoD  aptitude for wasting thousands of £pounds are you really doubting it?  

I am seriously doubting he’ll be with us next season if we go down. In fact I wouldn’t be that surprised if that applied to one or more of our current ‘permanent’ signings.

Reality is that if we go down I have no idea who will form our team next season, so your whole point is a bit, well......pointless.

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

We have a wage structure. If you think its been blown out the water to prise Michael Tidser away from a club where the amateur manager is treating him like shite then I dont know what to tell you.

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I am seriously doubting he’ll be with us next season if we go down. In fact I wouldn’t be that surprised if that applied to one or more of our current ‘permanent’ signings.

Reality is that if we go down I have no idea who will form our team next season, so your whole point is a bit, well......pointless.

Maybe that's why he's currently "injured" for us... 

27 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Maybe that's why he's currently "injured" for us... 

Been out since your local paper ran a story that he Is signing for us.

The pre contract situation can ruin players, you are not telling me if Tidser has signed a pre contract and selected next week, the scenario won't cross his mind.

Edited by MrDust

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Been out since your local paper ran a story that he Is signing for us.

The pre contract situation can ruin players, you are not telling me if Tidser has signed a pre contract and selected next week, the scenario won't cross his mind.

Maybe he's played his last game for Morton or maybe he'll return from "injury" after we play you next week  :rolleyes: 

I think this statement from Ray on the club website says it all for me

“We’d like to win all four of our remaining matches, I don’t think we’ll necessarily need to though. There are five teams in the battle at the bottom and our first concentration is on winning this Saturday. We need to go in with the same mentality to win every game. We’ve had a good week with the players and they know what’s ahead of them.”

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I think this statement from Ray on the club website says it all for me

“We’d like to win all four of our remaining matches, I don’t think we’ll necessarily need to though. There are five teams in the battle at the bottom and our first concentration is on winning this Saturday. We need to go in with the same mentality to win every game. We’ve had a good week with the players and they know what’s ahead of them.”

Yep bottom of the table needing wins and he publicly says he doesn't think we need to win all our remaining games. 

If he starts the same 11 tomorrow playing it safe for a draw then he can get to f**k right now. 

It feels like we're sleepwalking towards relegation!

Sounds like he's still banking on Partick and Alloa being more crap than us, and that's worked out well in recent weeks! I think he will play the same team that lost against Alloa which beggars belief. You can see the game panning out like we go a goal down, scrape back into it then lose it late on, with Ray post match giving it I thought we played well didn't get the rub of the green etc. When in reality we looked like a team bereft of ideas, a mile off the pace and hardly an attempt on goal. It all points to another shitfest an hope we get lucky. 

19 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Sounds like he's still banking on Partick and Alloa being more crap than us, and that's worked out well in recent weeks! I think he will play the same team that lost against Alloa which beggars belief. You can see the game panning out like we go a goal down, scrape back into it then lose it late on, with Ray post match giving it I thought we played well didn't get the rub of the green etc. When in reality we looked like a team bereft of ideas, a mile off the pace and hardly an attempt on goal. It all points to another shitfest an hope we get lucky. 

I imagine he'll think more that Morton and Queen's are the ones in trouble. I do.

Can’t see McKinnon changing anything tomorrow. I reckon he will happily settle for a point, then try to beat Morten next week, and then depending on results elsewhere, probably try to shitfest for a draw at Tannadice. Things will be much clearer from then on whether he needs 3 points against Roy’s cash, or another shitfest point.

What he has said is the usual stuff for public consumption. There is no way on earth that he going to go for it tomorrow. If we win, then great, that will be a bonus. Of course, he chooses “two losses in 13” rather than “four wins in 13”, and it’s the lack of wins that have kept us in the mire far more than lack of defeats has gotten us out of it.

Edited by Duncan Freemason