The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
51 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:
Paper, grass, FIFA.

Same result unless something drastic changes. 

You lot were much worse when you last came to East End, were pretty much awful for 90 minutes yet still ended up winning 1-0. Our season is over and we've hardly been pulling up trees either - an away win wouldn't be a huge shock tbh. I just hope we're up for it.

Fasan in goals too, we were shit that day but the Pars were actually worse on the day and was pretty easy to see the game out with a defence that was whoring goals.

The pars have players who are comfortable on the ball in midfield, happy to take give, pass without lumping it up park and hoping it works.

I think we are relying on DKD to give us something and not get sent off, McShane to step up again or Petra to have a day when he actually knows what he is doing. Our chances for me depend on one of those three or all or to shitfest it again.

Although we have been relatively decent at the back, we just invite attacks against us by lumping it to Rudden, Petra or latterly Jarvis.

I actually have a really bad feeling we are going to finish bottom of the league. The last 2 seasons have been a disaster for us on and off the pitch.

McKinnon has not been great however the appointment of Hartley was a complete disaster. He was an arrogant little shit that started our downward spiral. We’ve never recovered from his tenure.

The 3rd tier of Scottish football will be awful. If Raith come up and Alloa and us go down what fixtures are there to look forward to ??

If we go down, it will be a long, long season.

I really hope we can find form in our last 4 games.

45 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You lot were much worse when you last came to East End, were pretty much awful for 90 minutes yet still ended up winning 1-0. Our season is over and we've hardly been pulling up trees either - an away win wouldn't be a huge shock tbh. I just hope we're up for it.

Can’t imagine you won’t be up for it, esp with Heid’s Gone Higginbotham as master of ceremonies. 

The chance to pretty well bury us? When the roles have been reversed in the past we relished it, sure you’ll do the same. Home win. 

I actually have a really bad feeling we are going to finish bottom of the league. The last 2 seasons have been a disaster for us on and off the pitch.
McKinnon has not been great however the appointment of Hartley was a complete disaster. He was an arrogant little shit that started our downward spiral. We’ve never recovered from his tenure.
The 3rd tier of Scottish football will be awful. If Raith come up and Alloa and us go down what fixtures are there to look forward to ??
If we go down, it will be a long, long season.
I really hope we can find form in our last 4 games.

If we go down, start again. Get rid of all the sh**e, red socks in the kit, Kerr & Miller joint gaffers and make the most of it.

20 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I must be watching a different team than most others, first couple of months aside when there was some issue I think Paton has been pretty good!

He’s had a couple of decent* games, and improved greatly after his health issue was addressed, but “good” is way too generous.

* 2019 definition of “decent” which replaced the 2016 definition “done”.

I must be watching a different team than most others, first couple of months aside when there was some issue I think Paton has been pretty good!

I agree. There were far worse players in our team on Saturday than Paton who was decent in spells.

I thought the real issue was that a fair few players appeared to drop out of the game completely for long periods...although I agree with others that the lack of attacking midfielders was the main issue.

1 hour ago, BooBairn said:

If we go down, start again. Get rid of all the sh**e, red socks in the kit, Kerr & Miller joint gaffers and make the most of it.

Lets see if we go down. But whatever happens the club needs a strategy and a long term plan together with a massive rebuilding of the clubs structure.  For the 12th best supported team in Scotland it is nothing short of a disgrace to be in this position.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If McKinnon’s plan had been to stop the rot, lose a few games, draw a lot of games, win more than we lose and see where it takes us, then it’s hard to argue with that in December, and if that was what he was hoping for, he’s largely achieved it.

The BIG failing has been the total failure to beat Morton and Partick (even once). Win one game against each of them, add 4 points to our total, and reduce both by 1 point, and even with Saturday’s shambles against Alloa, things would be a bit more positive. Those are the games where he needed to deliver.

.......aye. And if yer auntie had baws, she’d be yer uncle.  She doesn’t, tho. And you didn’t.  Live with it, you’re where you deserve to be, as is every other club in the division.

.......aye. And if yer auntie had baws, she’d be yer uncle.  She doesn’t, tho. And you didn’t.  Live with it, you’re where you deserve to be, as is every other club in the division.

Don’t think anyone is debating that we are where we deserve, tbh.....

3 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Hush now sweet child.

In all seriousness, if we go down it's not just the players. We risk losing the likes of Kieran Koszary and Connor Park . I don't see how we could afford them down a league. Can Falkirk TV still function? Don't know what the costs of that are.

Being shot of Craig Campbell will be a massive bonus - truly a poisonous Jonah at our club - but I'd be loathe to lose the two above. 

Do we really need to hit rock bottom to improve though? Maybe. Maybe this is the collateral damage for a real clear out from top down.

And after the shenanigans of his arrival and cost, McKinnon stays no matter our division. 

16 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

In all seriousness, if we go down it's not just the players. We risk losing the likes of Kieran Koszary and Connor Park . I don't see how we could afford them down a league. Can Falkirk TV still function? Don't know what the costs of that are.

Being shot of Craig Campbell will be a massive bonus - truly a poisonous Jonah at our club - but I'd be loathe to lose the two above. 

Do we really need to hit rock bottom to improve though? Maybe. Maybe this is the collateral damage for a real clear out from top down.

And after the shenanigans of his arrival and cost, McKinnon stays no matter our division. 

Falkirk TV is run by volunteers and the equipment is bought and paid for, so I doubt anything would change there.

No idea what would happen with staff. When we got relegated from the SPL most had their wages cut and there were redundancies. I suspect the same would apply here and that paid directors such as KK and CC would be the highest earners and so first to go. Remember the club was run by a Voluntary Management Committee for a few years after relegation last time.

Not so sure about CP. He's involved in a lot more than people realise and the football side of the club literally wouldn't function without someone doing his role.

Just look around the stadium - every spare space has advertising on it, even the floodlight pylons. When I started coming to TFS, there was barely one bank of advertising on the East side and there were a lot of spaces.