The Falkirk FC Thread

I thought Jarvis done a lot of good work yesterday in terms of being strong and holding the ball up, however he would do a piece of good work then give the ball away with a slack pass. As someone pointed out , we were a lot more open at the back when we went two up front yesterday and I’m not too sure Ray will want that considering we’re away from home next week.

Problem for me is there is no creativity in that midfield of Paton and Osman. I think we need to ditch one of them and play DKD if he’s back. Or possibly the 3-5-2 that people were mentioning.

I thought Jarvis done a lot of good work yesterday in terms of being strong and holding the ball up, however he would do a piece of good work then give the ball away with a slack pass. As someone pointed out , we were a lot more open at the back when we went two up front yesterday and I’m not too sure Ray will want that considering we’re away from home next week.

Problem for me is there is no creativity in that midfield of Paton and Osman. I think we need to ditch one of them and play DKD if he’s back. Or possibly the 3-5-2 that people were mentioning.
I mever mentioned it yesterday really but once again I was despairing at McShane going off and both Paton and Osman staying on. You cant go for a game and leave those on. It needs to be one of them that goes off.

Is DKD back for next week?

Id stick him on the left, Petra on the right and McShane and Osman/Paton in the middle. We need midfielders out wide to occupy opposing full backs IMO. We concede way too much ground when possession is turned over before they hit our first player. We are unintelligent without the ball. Rudden hunts folk, but everyone else makes no more than a token effort at pressuring. Nowhere more evident than down the flanks.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I hope you are wrong. I think theres a better chance of 3 against County on the last day than against the Pars. 

United will most definitely rest up too provided second place is assured. Neilson is there for one reason only and he will defo take the foot off tje gas but we would still have to go and win it up there and thats a worry. 

For me yesterday Alloa didnt like it when we got physical with them, but we did it only sporadically. This is what we need for the last two games. Turn up the heat agaisnt players with no reason to want to stand against it. 

Hope I’m wrong to.

6 from 6 is not gonna happen but going into those last 2 game we need all the points we can get. 

Morten win Tuesday also.

The last 18 months since sacking Houston have been a nightmare...

1. The return of Rory Loy
2. Removing the youth academy
3. Naming Muirhead as Captain
4. Not owning our own club logo
5. Fans being called racists
6. A player mocking a disability
7. This so called Brentford model
8. Turning on Lee Miller and Mark Kerr
9. Paul Hartley
10. Mitch “The Scout”
11. Tapping up Ray & lying about it
12. The “Our Time” slogan
13. Getting beat by Stenhousemuir

We are due a Netflix documentary soon cause we are so Sunderland.

You can probably add dropping into the 3rd tier of a Scottish football for 40 years and a financial loss if the rumours are to be believed that would choak a horse

3 hours ago, BooBairn said:

The last 18 months since sacking Houston have been a nightmare...

1. The return of Rory Loy
2. Removing the youth academy
3. Naming Muirhead as Captain
4. Not owning our own club logo
5. Fans being wrongly  called racists
6. A player mocking a disability
7. This so called Brentford model
8. Turning on Lee Miller and Mark Kerr
9. Paul Hartley
10. Mitch “The Scout”
11. Tapping up Ray & lying about it
12. The “Our Time” slogan
13. Getting beat by Stenhousemuir

We are due a Netflix documentary soon cause we are so Sunderland.

Very much enjoying the new-found anti-Ray sentiment that has suddenly  broken out in the Fa'kirk ranks... we feel your pain.

As for relegation, though, too many of you have gone far too early: any of the bottom five could still end up bottom, any of the bottom five could still end up 9th. If any or all of us, QoS, and Partick win their next game, you will become hot favourites for a 9th-placed finish at best; if not, it's all still on. Big, big difference, for example, between us breezing into Grangemouth on the 20th with a 7 or 8 point cushion... and leaking skitters out of our shorts if it's only 1, 2, 3, 4...

Also not buying the sudden idea that relegation to League 1 might somehow be a 'good thing' (as some of our supporters are also saying); it won't... it'll be an absolute fuckin disaster, for QoS, Falkirk, Partick, or us alike... It's the fact that it won't necessarily be that kind of disaster for Alloa that makes the fuckers so dangerous in the run in...

Very much enjoying the new-found anti-Ray sentiment that has suddenly  broken out in the Fa'kirk ranks... we feel your pain.
As for relegation, though, too many of you have gone far too early: any of the bottom five could still end up bottom, any of the bottom five could still end up 9th. If any or all of us, QoS, and Partick win their next game, you will become hot favourites for a 9th-placed finish at best; if not, it's all still on. Big, big difference, for example, between us breezing into Grangemouth on the 20th with a 7 or 8 point cushion... and leaking skitters out of our shorts if it's only 1, 2, 3, 4...
Also not buying the sudden idea that relegation to League 1 might somehow be a 'good thing' (as some of our supporters are also saying); it won't... it'll be an absolute fuckin disaster, for QoS, Falkirk, Partick, or us alike... It's the fact that it won't necessarily be that kind of disaster for Alloa that makes the fuckers so dangerous in the run in...
No one saying its good. Most agree that firstly we deserve it, and secondly we should use it... To get rid of the fucking tea party wanks that run the club

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

No one saying its good. Most agree that firstly we deserve it, and secondly we should use it... To get rid of the fucking tea party wanks that run the club

Need to get rid of them whatever league you're in... that has been clear for some time...

Agree, nothing is certain as of yet. Don’t think there is deep rooted anti McKinnon sentiment, but it was as sure as eggs are eggs that once we reached the lofty heights of 8th, allowing it to all to unravel wouldn’t go down well.......and that’s exactly how it has played out. QotS away and Alloa at home has yielded one point when 4 was the minimum expectation, and 6 not exactly wishing for the moon.

I (and plenty of others) said weeks ago that gambling everything on the Alloa game was a seriously risky strategy, but that’s what he went and did. In all probability, I think the guy seriously overthought this stage of the season, and expected a ŵeird form of game management to see us safe. I think the opposition saw a simpler proposition in front of them and have gone and done the needful. Even if McKinnon came to the conclusion that he has gotten things wrong on the run in, it’s probably too late to effect a meaningful change into a group of players who have been used in one way up to now.

4 hours ago, BottiBiabi said:

We’ve got to go to East End Park with two upfront and two wingers. I’d start Todorov with Rudden (think Jarvis is shite tbh) and have Robson and Petra out wide and DKD through the middle with Abdul sitting in the in the CDM role. Better to go down all guns blazing than down with a whimper.

If you play any game like that you're liable to set yourself up for an absolute fingering, going down getting scudded by four at EEP wouldn't be classed as "all guns blazing". 

If you play any game like that you're liable to set yourself up for an absolute fingering, going down getting scudded by four at EEP wouldn't be classed as "all guns blazing". 
Why? Who was last to take a beating like that off yous? Has anyone since Crawford took over?

The idea that setting up with two up top is somehow so adventurous that we will take an inevitable pumping is laughable.

19 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Grant, I think you are gilding the Dunfermline lily a wee bit. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why? Who was last to take a beating like that off yous? Has anyone since Crawford took over?

The idea that setting up with two up top is somehow so adventurous that we will take an inevitable pumping is laughable.

Thistle. Before that, the new year game was a bit of a skudding. 4-2 flattered you.

Thistle. Before that, the new year game was a bit of a skudding. 4-2 flattered you.
Yeah, the pre January shambles. I remember it. Bit surprised you even bothered to bring that up being that there are about 3 players left in our squad and you have a new management.