The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, faedenny said:

dont think we will retain many of the players we have at present, most are loan signings and others probably have relagation clauses in their contracts i would imagine. plus wages would need to be lower, as club income would be lower, a lot of current regular supporters will disperse, there is no debating that.

if we don't have relagation clauses in the January signings' contracts then we deserve a 9 year spell in div 1 cause we'll have learned nothing from the 2009 clusterfuck

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Cheers. I can’t see Tidser coming then.

I don’t think your assessment is to far off. We might keep Dixon due to his age and experience.

It’s going to be brutal if we go down.

I forgot Dixon tbh. I'd keep him as well but he'll likely get better offers.

I'd imagine we're stuck with Paton and Petravicius as well.

I think both the club and the player can back out on any pre-contract.
Out of the current squad, excluding loanees, I'd keep McGhee, McKenna (won't happen) and McShane for next year. Bin the rest if possible and not too costly.
I would keep Dixon on, play him at CH which he would cruise and keep Robson for LB. If we cant play an attacking fullback in the league below then whats the fucking point.

Agree on the others. Paton, Osman too expensive for what they are id guess. Personally I would keep Petra on but I am torn between wanting another mass emptying versus some sort of consistency.

Outwith loanees, it is indeed slim pickings

An adventure ?? Not how I see it at all tbh. I’ll be paying good money to watch part time footballers. The adventure will be for the average players coming to our all seater stadium to play in front of c.3000 crowds.
I will still go to the games but I’m not looking forward to it.
We should not be in this position. The board, managers and most of the players have let us down badly.
Adventure, I don’t see it like that. I see it as an embarrassment.
I don't see it as an adventure either. I remember our last stint in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. Playing at Brockville to crowds of 1500, virtually no travelling support, it was absolutely shite.

Looking at that League 1 and seeing the teams what game is there to feel any excitement about Raith, Airdrie.

Teams will come to TFS and raise their game playing in front of a decent crowd and it will probably be hard as buggery to get out of.

Guest Ecosse83

Hopefully they inserted a relegation clause into the management teams contracts. 

Watching 1 up front in league 1 would be too much to handle :lol:

20 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'd imagine we're stuck with Paton and Petravicius as well.

Add McLean to that list. All three of them have another year on their contracts. Beyond depressing.

Suspect the reason nothing has been announced with regard to Tidser is that it is dependant upon what league we are in. If we go down, it won't happen.

Hopefully they inserted a relegation clause into the management teams contracts. 
Watching 1 up front in league 1 would be too much to handle [emoji38]
I think this could make folk think twice about renewing season tickets. I will renew but folk might look at McKinnon still being there and think twice about watching that turgid defensive shite week in week out in the seaside league.

Season now rests on the shoulders of Petra and DKD, our two most creative players. Really don’t get the Petra hate, one of the few players I doubt hasn’t given less than 100% each game and when utilised properly, he’s the only one who can do anything creative bar DKD.

We’ve got to go to East End Park with two upfront and two wingers. I’d start Todorov with Rudden (think Jarvis is shite tbh) and have Robson and Petra out wide and DKD through the middle with Abdul sitting in the in the CDM role. Better to go down all guns blazing than down with a whimper.

I reckon we’re gonna need 9/12 points to stay up, 6/12 to make the playoffs, anything below and it’s automatic relegation.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

If you watched that game yesterday and one of your conclusions was "Jarvis is shite", you're watching the wrong sport. 

Totally disagree. He held the ball up ok at times but has no chemistry with Rudden and made simply awful under hit passes on at least 3 occassions when we were threatening their goal. Not good enough imo. 

I thought Jarvis did ok yesterday tbf and had Rudde buried the one Jarvis laid on for him this thread might look very different.

No issue really with Jarvis ahead of Todorov next week but it fucking well better be one of them beside Rudden.

Jarvis and Rudden could work but it’s all about the service to them. Yesterday the service from middle to front was horrendous.

First half I have no idea how many times Paton and McGhee we’re out on the right passing it back and forth before either hitting it off the man I front of them or losing the ball all together. Meanwhile the men in the box are now standing waiting on the ball meaning any momentum is broken.

Playing on the break seems to suit us which may come in handy for 3/4 games left of the season. 

Bottom line is this, we need 4 from 6 v Pars and Morton.

We then need to hope like f**k that Utd and RC are done and dusted, then we need to attack them, press them and boot them until they want no part of it and go for the throat.

Then we need favours.

Thats one almighty ask.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bottom line is this, we need 4 from 6 v Pars and Morton.

We then need to hope like f**k that Utd and RC are done and dusted, then we need to attack them, press them and boot them until they want no part of it and go for the throat.

Then we need favours.

Thats one almighty ask.

Minimum is 6 from 6 imo.

17 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Minimum is 6 from 6 imo.

I hope you are wrong. I think theres a better chance of 3 against County on the last day than against the Pars. 

United will most definitely rest up too provided second place is assured. Neilson is there for one reason only and he will defo take the foot off tje gas but we would still have to go and win it up there and thats a worry. 

For me yesterday Alloa didnt like it when we got physical with them, but we did it only sporadically. This is what we need for the last two games. Turn up the heat agaisnt players with no reason to want to stand against it. 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whats the deal with Abdul Osman btw... As the midfielder destroyer he is almost always in good position, right in front of the opposition midfielder trying to break out, but why does he NEVER put a fucking boot in?

If last season is anything to go by, it's because he is a shitebag hat salesman with no stomach at all for a fight (or a tackle).  We should remember that #It'snoteasy though.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:
1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:
Watching 1 up front in league 1 would be too much to handle emoji38.png

I think this could make folk think twice about renewing season tickets. I will renew but folk might look at McKinnon still being there and think twice about watching that turgid defensive shite week in week out in the seaside league.

Exactly this. I'd obviously still go to games but wouldn't get a season ticket. 

I wouldn't try as hard to make the games over family stuff etc.

I'd renew though if the club had a clear out from top to bottom starting with the 2 numpties that have overseen this decline.