The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

We didn't lose that game yesterday due to a negative set up - we were far too open when he made the switch at half time and Alloa were the ones finding space in the last 20 minutes. 

The midfield has been a vacuum all season but yesterday was something else. Osman is a decent destroyer but I am sick to the back teeth of Paton just kicking it in the direction he's facing, or rolling it back to Dixon or McGhee to launch it into the channel to no one in particular. We strung a few purposeful passes together once and got to the bye line and it led to a goal. It's not a difficult league to get that right in. 

You can all point to 10 assists for Petravicius but anyone who watches our games will tell you he's shit. His touch is rotten, he doesn't know how to use his pace and there is no brain in his head. 

I called Petravicius a shitebag yesterday for not attempting to get a 50/50 ball on the edge of the Alloa penalty area, if the looks I got could have killed, I’d be dead. An absolute imposter for a footballer.

When Petravicius gets fed balls down to the byline he delivers. Not sure how we can dismiss his assist stats. He is no use playing in front of defenders really but he only has to do that because of our laboured midfield.

When you give him balls he can run on to, good things happen. It happened in precisely that manner yestersay and agains Partick. The one time we worked him free to hit the byline he produced an assist.

He is not the issue, our painstakingly slow, momentumless build up is the issue IMO.

How do we see supporter numbers going if we go down? I think plenty will see it as a wee adventure and if we are winning every week it will be easy to foster a feelgood factor despite the shambles that got us there in the first place.

I might enjoy the #journey in the end, but atm I really just want it to be a vehicle for change at the club.

I think you are being very optimistic with this assessment.

When Ross County went up they had a pretty simple game plan - hit the ball into the corners for fast guys to get onto and cross into the box. I remember standing on the wee terracing up there talking about it with the guy next to me and we watched them do it again and again and again, creating loads of chances which were eventually converted. 

Unfortunately our midfield give the opposition full backs all day to get back into position and the covering midfielder has time to wander over and stand beside our only pacy wide man. Then they lump a massively overhit walloping pass that usually goes straight out.

32 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I called Petravicius a shitebag yesterday for not attempting to get a 50/50 ball on the edge of the Alloa penalty area, if the looks I got could have killed, I’d be dead. An absolute imposter for a footballer.

He's not a player who'd look any better in League One either, the skills he does have aren't transferable.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When Petravicius gets fed balls down to the byline he delivers. Not sure how we can dismiss his assist stats. He is no use playing in front of defenders really but he only has to do that because of our laboured midfield.

When you give him balls he can run on to, good things happen. It happened in precisely that manner yestersay and agains Partick. The one time we worked him free to hit the byline he produced an assist.

He is not the issue, our painstakingly slow, momentumless build up is the issue IMO.

He's not THE issue, but he's a symptom of how crap we are.

He had a ball to run onto yesterday in the first half when he picked it up with him and Rudden on the halfway line against two of their defenders(I think it was Graham and Taggart, who have a combined age of about 145). He just about lost control of the ball four times over a 50 yard run, didn't accelerate away from them, didn't go directly at the goal, made no attempt to use Rudden and ended up having to tamely play it off the first man to win a corner. It was a golden chance that someone with his pace should be turning into a goal.

The last 18 months since sacking Houston have been a nightmare...

1. The return of Rory Loy
2. Removing the youth academy
3. Naming Muirhead as Captain
4. Not owning our own club logo
5. Fans being called racists
6. A player mocking a disability
7. This so called Brentford model
8. Turning on Lee Miller and Mark Kerr
9. Paul Hartley
10. Mitch “The Scout”
11. Tapping up Ray & lying about it
12. The “Our Time” slogan
13. Getting beat by Stenhousemuir

We are due a Netflix documentary soon cause we are so Sunderland.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

How do we see supporter numbers going if we go down? I think plenty will see it as a wee adventure and if we are winning every week it will be easy to foster a feelgood factor despite the shambles that got us there in the first place.

I might enjoy the #journey in the end, but atm I really just want it to be a vehicle for change at the club.

An adventure ?? Not how I see it at all tbh. I’ll be paying good money to watch part time footballers. The adventure will be for the average players coming to our all seater stadium to play in front of c.3000 crowds.

I will still go to the games but I’m not looking forward to it.

We should not be in this position. The board, managers and most of the players have let us down badly.

Adventure, I don’t see it like that. I see it as an embarrassment.

I wasnt really going for optimistic. Actually deleted a line from that post because I had no basis for it rrally but my gut feeling was that around 1000-1500 regulars will abandon the club

59 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

The away games are good but home games are brutal. Tiny away supports, teams time wasting from about 10 minutes in. Folk getting annoyed if you aren't a goal or two up after 20 minutes. 

Don't think you will go down though. Think the bottom two will be Alloa and Morton. 

This was exactly what I had in mind

minus the bit about us not going down

think we'll lose most of those who we gained after the cup final season and go back to pressleys recession support of 2-3 k for home games with few away fans

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd
add

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
33 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I wasnt really going for optimistic. Actually deleted a line from that post because I had no basis for it rrally but my gut feeling was that around 1000-1500 regulars will abandon the club

Not sure about ‘abandon the club’. Some people might just not want to part with hard earned cash to watch a level of football that is not to much better than you could watch on Zetland Park most Sunday’s.

Not sure about ‘abandon the club’. Some people might just not want to part with hard earned cash to watch a level of football that is not to much better than you could watch on Zetland Park most Sunday’s.
Sorry but for me its abandoning the club.

Thats not to say "the club" deserve our backing which is u deniably better than they are owed, but as other have said anyone who stops going because we went down is more than welcome to go and follow the arse cheeks.

Guest Ecosse83

Still a long way to go but the manager has to change his ways now. 352 with Robson in the side. 

If we go down I hope we go down the route of a young manager, get Kerr and Miller in as player managers and get some good feel factor back around the place.

Edited by Ecosse83

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Sorry but for me its abandoning the club.

Thats not to say "the club" deserve our backing which is u deniably better than they are owed, but as other have said anyone who stops going because we went down is more than welcome to go and follow the arse cheeks.

Oh if any of our fans abandon us to follow either of those two it’s a disgrace.

I’m in the camp that every fan should go every week, within reason, but in reality a lot of people won’t want to watch the shite in what’s essentially the 3rd Division.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

prices will have to drop quite a bit to compensate , we are already overpriced for the championship.   need to start thinking seriously about what players we would take with us in the event we do go down

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

prices will have to drop quite a bit to compensate , we are already overpriced for the championship.   need to start thinking seriously about what players we would take with us in the event we do go down

I wonder if Tidser has a ‘relegation clause’ ?

Him and McShane will be stand outs a level down.

I can’t see us getting Rudden on loan to play at that level.

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

dont think we will retain many of the players we have at present, most are loan signings and others probably have relagation clauses in their contracts i would imagine. plus wages would need to be lower, as club income would be lower, a lot of current regular supporters will disperse, there is no debating that.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I wonder if Tidser has a ‘relegation clause’ ?

Him and McShane will be stand outs a level down.

I can’t see us getting Rudden on loan to play at that level.

I think both the club and the player can back out on any pre-contract.

Out of the current squad, excluding loanees, I'd keep McGhee, McKenna (won't happen) and McShane for next year. Bin the rest if possible and not too costly.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I think both the club and the player can back out on any pre-contract.

Out of the current squad, excluding loanees, I'd keep McGhee, McKenna (won't happen) and McShane for next year. Bin the rest if possible and not too costly.

Cheers. I can’t see Tidser coming then.

I don’t think your assessment is to far off. We might keep Dixon due to his age and experience.

It’s going to be brutal if we go down.