McGhee McKenna Edge Robson

Waddington Paton Osam Petra

Jarvis Rudden

Team will be

Burgoyne

McGhee McKenna Edge Dixon

Paton Osman McShane

Waddington Rudden Petra

You are seriously deluded if you don't think Dixon should start!!!

I done the stadium tour at St James Park with my laddie and it was very good.

Got me thinking about John Gallacher who we sold to them in the 80’s for about 100k at the time.

Started off like a train for them then got seriously injured and never recovered. I liked him in his short spell with us. Pace to burn. I wonder how good a career he could have had barring his injury ??

Anyone else remember him ?

I done the stadium tour at St James Park with my laddie and it was very good.
Got me thinking about John Gallacher who we sold to them in the 80’s for about 100k at the time.
Started off like a train for them then got seriously injured and never recovered. I liked him in his short spell with us. Pace to burn. I wonder how good a career he could have had barring his injury ??
Anyone else remember him ?

Did that last summer too. The state of the away changing room compared to the home one was quite hilarious....
Made me wonder whether that goes on at Scottish clubs too.

32 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Did that last summer too. The state of the away changing room compared to the home one was quite hilarious....
Made me wonder whether that goes on at Scottish clubs too.

Used both home and away dressing rooms at Stenny and Alloa and they're much the same really.

Aye, he was the nephew of Jimmy Johnstone or something like that was he not?
Very promising start to his career, injury, back on loan, did nowt, gone. A precarious career indeed.
Think it was the famous Jimmy Gilmour who was related to Jimmy Johnstone.

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Used both home and away dressing rooms at Stenny and Alloa and they're much the same really.

I was furious when I seen our away changing. If it was up to me I’d have crates for them to sit on and a rusty old shower to share.

He has been excellent but gives us nothing going forward. I am fed up with the style of play and Robson would give us more going forward. He played in the last game we won setting up the 2nd goal and we also had a clean sheet too.

So I think deluded is a touch strong. Dixon will be playing though.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

He has been excellent but gives us nothing going forward. I am fed up with the style of play and Robson would give us more going forward. He played in the last game we won setting up the 2nd goal and we also had a clean sheet too.

So I think deluded is a touch strong. Dixon will be playing though.

Would be silly to completely change the shape now but I'd have liked to have seen Dixon playing left of a 3 with Robson playing LWB. 

Would be silly to completely change the shape now but I'd have liked to have seen Dixon playing left of a 3 with Robson playing LWB. 

Yep it sound good for the left hand side but who plays RWB?..Mcgee, Kidd, Petra, no thanks....as u said tho would be silly to change now.

10 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

I was furious when I seen our away changing. If it was up to me I’d have crates for them to sit on and a rusty old shower to share.

You wanted us to bring the away dressing room from Brockville?

Guest Ecosse83

Here's how I would line up tomorrow:

Burgoyne

McGhee            McKenna                 Edge              Dixon

Wadd                       McShane           Osman            Petra 

Rudden            Jarvis

I prefer Osman over Paton, think Osman is a bit underrated with the work he does.                         

Edited by Ecosse83

27 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Here's how I would line up tomorrow:

Burgoyne

McGhee            McKenna                 Edge              Dixon

Wadd                       McShane           Osman            Petra 

Rudden            Jarvis

I prefer Osman over Paton, think Osman is a bit underrated with the work he does.                         

I'd agree with this, I think Osman is a decent tidy up player (although he looked horrendous in his first few games), he'll break up attacks and then pass the ball to the nearest guy to him. Problem we've got is that we don't seem to have the players around him to make that useful and we end up quite static. I think with a more adventurous midfielder beside him he'd be a real asset but at the moment a midfield with Paton/Osman and McShane is way too plodding.

I'd like to see that lineup too, thought Waddington and Jarvis were both decent on Tuesday and deserve to keep their places.

13 hours ago, Bofabairn said:

I can see what BPM is getting at. We need to create chances and Dixon (as good as he’s been) doesn’t create anything going forward.

We need to fly out the traps against Alloa and Morton if we have any chance of staying up. I’d take draws against anyone else. I thought Jarvis looked good the other night and would play him and Rudden together. He won’t though.