The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

Not sure I'd take a draw on Tuesday now. My gut tells me it's Morton we need to be targeting now. 

With regards McKinnon I'm hoping the style of play is because the position we find ourselves in. I don't think the fans would put up with a negative style for too long next season!

Edited by Ecosse83

18 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

With regards McKinnon I'm hoping the style of play is because the position we find ourselves in.

I think we all hope that way. Needs must and all that, but the way we set about games is oh so similar to Pressley’s thinking in that “we start the game with a point, so let’s hang onto that”. Totally understandable given what McKinnon inherited, but we need to find wins from somewhere.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Alloa at home, Dunfermline away

Aw shite I'm going to have to go through and watch us play them fuckers  in that cowp then. And its going to be pish. 

I remember after Ayr away I was a wee bit excited about going to the football again. 

We need to get fucking up for this fight again. I feel like my mood is a reflection of the team... Slipping. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aw shite I'm going to have to go through and watch us play them fuckers  in that cowp then. And its going to be pish. 

I remember after Ayr away I was a wee bit excited about going to the football again. 

We need to get fucking up for this fight again. I feel like my mood is a reflection of the team... Slipping. 

We've lost 1 game in 11 this year. We came from behind against Thistle twice, Morton, Dundee Utd, twice at home to ICT. If you watch the highlights yesterday that's certainly not players who have given up the fight. 

We've lost 1 game in 11 this year. We came from behind against Thistle twice, Morton, Dundee Utd, twice at home to ICT. If you watch the highlights yesterday that's certainly not players who have given up the fight. 
I dont think they have given up. But I feel like we are drawing our way to League 1. I never feel like we are going to win a game anymore

Confident we can take something off Queens and we should be beating Alloa. I’ll miss the Pars game as I’m off to the races in my fancy suit x
Well.... that's dedication for you.
Check the fixture list in future before you decide to do other stuff. [emoji106]

You can't fault the effort but the lack of quality going forward is the biggest concern. That maybe tactics it maybe players not good enough, suspect a bit of both.

Not the time to go off the boil, a win Tuesday would be massive. Dundee Utd and Ross County's shithousery on Saturday has ramped up the pressure big time. What it does show however those last two games we should in no way right off whether they have something to play for or not. I personally hope they still need the points as they will be under pressure for results too. I have no doubt we will be needing points from those games to stay out of the playoffs.

I think Ross County will have the league sewn up before the last day. Obviously a bad result for them at the weekend but Dundee Utd will drop more points.

I’d fancy us at home on the last day if that’s the case. Beat Alloa and Morton at home and that puts us on 40 before you consider away games. Might or might not be enough?

Amazing to think we’ve only lost one league game this year and still staring relegation in the face. It’s fucking April!

Bit disappointed to see in Tom English's article on BBC about strict liability that the club did not respond to a poll about it.

Theres a chance we could have fallen foul of it already but thats no excuse to dodge the question. If the club are against it i'd like to know their rationale.

34 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Amazing to think we’ve only lost one league game this year and still staring relegation in the face. It’s fucking April!

Thing is, “losing one game this year” (and banking 18 points in the process), is the same statement that could be made by a team banking only 10 points, or a team banking 30 points.

The statement that matters is “of our last eleven games, we have lost only one game, but won only four”. It’s our failure to beat Morten and Thistle that has really hurt us. Without checking every result, we might well be the only team in the league not to have beaten either of those two.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Thing is, “losing one game this year” (and banking 18 points in the process), is the same statement that could be made by a team banking only 10 points, or a team banking 30 points.

My point was that in most other seasons I’d imagine (I can’t be arsed checking) that sort of run without a defeat - draws or wins - would be enough to pull you clear of the bottom two. 

55 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The statement that matters is “of our last eleven games, we have lost only one game, but won only four”. It’s our failure to beat Morten and Thistle that has really hurt us. Without checking every result, we might well be the only team in the league not to have beaten either of those two.

Do that over a season and you'd get 59 points, which is play-off promotion form.

13 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Housty in charge at Morton for the run in?

It's definitely an April fool. Only sensible, and cost-effective for Morton in terms the training kit, option is the main man himself:

"What's that Mr Rae? You need someone to save you from relegation but they have to have the initials JJ to save money on buying new training kit?"

I0000Fk4Pf9gLPnM.jpg&key=dcf8c5e19b57659