The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

This is the no room for error stage of the season. 

You better make sure you are safe before the last 2 games of the season as both Dun Utd and Ross County could be needing wins for the title and I can't see you being good enough for 6 points in those games

If Ross C haven't won the league by May 4 and Utd 2nd the week before that is some collapse.

Have you seen the table?

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What has annoyed me since the 60's were clubs with a lower support than Falkirk were able to play at a higher level and discover talent worth millions to sustain it. Hamilton, Partick, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone to name a few.  Even when we unearthed international talent we sold them for pennies with no add on payments Kennedy, Gillespie, Irvine, Weir are perfect examples. Also the players that came out of Graham High and Falkirk High that got picked up by other clubs from under our noses is a disgrace. Jim Pearson St Johnstone then Everton and Newcastle. Arthur Duncan Partick and Hibs, John Blackley Hibs, Alex Rennie St Johnstone and many more. What a litany of inept stewardship, if it was not so pitiful it would be funny.

I've heard some decent names allegedly trained with us but were overlooked and sent packing.

I'm not willing to say who as a case of don't believe everything you hear but I wouldn't be surprised.

Also hear we shat the bed with Stokes. Could have bought him before we took him on loan and watched Arsenal get £2M for him.

17 minutes ago, Jim Jenkins said:

I think we will go from now till our last 2 games undefeated big question is how many wins we get as opposed to draws

Some statement that sir. Feel free to remain undefeated until April 13th by all means, however.

Win your home games against Alloa and Morton and avoid defeat at Palmerston and you should be fine.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Some statement that sir. Feel free to remain undefeated until April 13th by all means, however.

Win your home games against Alloa and Morton and avoid defeat at Palmerston and you should be fine.

Its not that ridiculous a statement considering the fact that we have only lost narrowly away  to county since the turn of the year.  However, those are the 3 games we cant really afford to lose in.

If Ross C haven't won the league by May 4 and Utd 2nd the week before that is some collapse.
Have you seen the table?

I would rather they were playing for something than playing with no pressure

That rarely translates though IMO. The intensity of competition evaporates. We beat St Mirren last season (twice?) at the end.

Id always pick us to beat a team playing for nothing when the chips are down for us.

Considering we've lost 1 of our last 10 matches (which was away to the league leaders), I'd be surprised if we lost more than that over the next seven games 

Did you watch the last two performances? [emoji15]

I will be feeling a whole lot better if we beat ICT next week, but that sounds like a major ask. Win that game, and if RC and DU both win then we breathe a little easier, Alloa will die a bit more, and Queens are introduced to the smelly stuff.

Lets see how Alloa fare on Tuesday first though.  Way too many ifs buts and maybes between now and 5pm Saturday.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I'd expect Ross C players to be on holiday just like St Mirren last season and Utd to be resting players for the play-offs

Edited by Gaz FFC

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That rarely translates though IMO. The intensity of competition evaporates. We beat St Mirren last season (twice?) at the end.

Id always pick us to beat a team playing for nothing when the chips are down for us.

There's lots of examples of teams going on the beach early when the title is won. I definitely think that's our best chance of a result.