The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Just looked at the remaining fixtures.  I think we are looking at 5 points, seven if we are lucky.  I think we are almost certain for the playoff place.  Shit.

Yup

ICT - Draw

QOS - Draw

Alloa - Win

Dunf - Lose

Mort - Draw

Utd - Lose

Cty - Lose

Thistle have 

ICT - Draw

Mort - Draw

Dunf - Win

Cty - Lose

Alloa - Win

Ayr - Lose

Ayr - Draw

Our 6 pts puts us on 36, Thistle's 9 puts them on 38. If Queens do better than 6 pts in 8 games, we're fucked

2 hours ago, ajwffc said:
3 hours ago, PG.Colossus said:

Any reason why Fasan send to be playing ahead of Mitchell?

I think we play our 3rd/4th choice keeper in the reserve games

Yes but a bit of a worry that Fasan was on the bench on Saturday against Partick. 

Quite sure RossCounty will have 1st and Title and Dundee United 2nd sown up by the time we play them. Whether that does us any good time will tell.

We have only lost 3 from last 19 but had loads of draws. Can see us Winning 2 Drawing 4 and Losing 1 from last 7 = 10 pts  40 Total.

There is so many twists and turns to come it is impossible to predict. Q of S v Patrick last day could decide who joins Alloa in bottom two.

The fixtures are a bit fragmented just now with postponements, rearranged games Scottish Cup ties etc that there’s hardly been a full weekend of matches lately.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

At the moment our reserves are comprised of around six ex-Academy players, most of whom have never been near the first team, and several out-of-the-picture Hartley signings.  All their contracts expire in the summer.  I think it's reasonable to assume that many won't be here at the start of next season.  Which means there'll be spaces in our reserve team.

McKinnon is on record as saying he wants the reserves to be comprised of young players who can make the step up to the first team within a year. Langan might be such a player. So it seems sensible to have a good look at him before deciding if he'll get a longer contract in the summer.  

Not strange at all IMO.  

This is impossible as there are no young players that exist outside of the Project Brave approved academies - none at all.

We should look at having our reserves made up with old players - 40yrs plus , there's loads of them playing 5s around the district, some pretty tasty. By the way if Craig Campbell is reading this it's a joke - please don't make this your new strategy.    

Yup

ICT - Draw
QOS - Draw
Alloa - Win
Dunf - Lose
Mort - Draw
Utd - Lose
Cty - Lose

Thistle have 
ICT - Draw
Mort - Draw
Dunf - Win
Cty - Lose
Alloa - Win
Ayr - Lose
Ayr - Draw

Our 6 pts puts us on 36, Thistle's 9 puts them on 38. If Queens do better than 6 pts in 8 games, we're fucked
How are Thistle going to manage to beat a team that can't concede goals?

Just looked at the remaining fixtures.  I think we are looking at 5 points, seven if we are lucky.  I think we are almost certain for the playoff place.  Shit.

We are level on points with Queens and they haven’t won a single point in 6/7 games? How on that form and ours are we ‘almost certain for the playoff place’?

Guest Ecosse83
8 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Yup

ICT - Draw

QOS - Draw

Alloa - Win

Dunf - Lose

Mort - Draw

Utd - Lose

Cty - Lose

Thistle have 

ICT - Draw

Mort - Draw

Dunf - Win

Cty - Lose

Alloa - Win

Ayr - Lose

Ayr - Draw

Beat Alloa and Morton at home and take something from QoS and we should be fine.

We play QoS on a Tuesday which is good with their threadbare squad. Hopefully Dundee Utd hammer them on the Saturday before that game.

Yup

ICT - Draw
QOS - Draw
Alloa - Win
Dunf - Lose
Mort - Draw
Utd - Lose
Cty - Lose

Thistle have 
ICT - Draw
Mort - Draw
Dunf - Win
Cty - Lose
Alloa - Win
Ayr - Lose
Ayr - Draw

You must be raking in cash from the bookies btw

was on holiday, fell ill and went to bed when we were 2 nil down and getting numerous texts from rangers mates....woke up middle of night checked final score, spent next half hour in loo texting back...waking the buggers up, lol.
That'll be around 3 years since your club make a cringworthy, groveling apology to Sevco for your program content?

Most said Morton away was must win. Then we said the same about Saturday. We would be better having lost at Morton and winning Saturday. How many must win games we don’t win are we going to ignore?

Only my opinion but best for us will be 8th at the expense of QoS. Still believe Dobbie will fire again before the season is out and would you be surprised if it was against us?

Heart says 8th head says play off

53 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
18 hours ago, faedenny said:
was on holiday, fell ill and went to bed when we were 2 nil down and getting numerous texts from rangers mates....woke up middle of night checked final score, spent next half hour in loo texting back...waking the buggers up, lol.

That'll be around 3 years since your club make a cringworthy, groveling apology to Sevco for your program content?

Given the special relationship between Rangers and Dunfermline the last 20 years I'd probably keep my head down when talking about them if I was you.

10 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Yup

ICT - Draw

QOS - Draw

Alloa - Win

Dunf - Lose

Mort - Draw

Utd - Lose

Cty - Lose

Thistle have 

ICT - Draw

Mort - Draw

Dunf - Win

Cty - Lose

Alloa - Win

Ayr - Lose

Ayr - Draw

We'll get 5-7 points from our next three alone. County's players will have been mwi for a week before we play them. Post-January there's nothing to suggest Dunfermline or Morton are better than us.

We need to get the results but I'm confident that we will.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

We'll get 5-7 points from our next three alone. County's players will have been mwi for a week before we play them. Post-January there's nothing to suggest Dunfermline or Morton are better than us.

We need to get the results but I'm confident that we will.

I certainly hope so

Alloa are no mugs this season and have pulled out a couple of really decent results. I wouldn't say they were definite to finish bottom.

Queens have been on a horrendous run that you would imagine will have dented their confidence. Dobbie looked burnt out but the wee international break might just see him recharge the batteries. A team with Dobbie should be anywhere near the bottom two.

Partick may have just found form at the right time. We'll see.

Morton we're just hovering above the pack. So ideally would like a couple of wins.

Suspensions, players going off form at the wrong time, players switching off and thinking of Benidorm are all factors. Pressure of needing to win the last couple of games etc.

It's all fun... 

29 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Alloa are no mugs this season and have pulled out a couple of really decent results. I wouldn't say they were definite to finish bottom.

Queens have been on a horrendous run that you would imagine will have dented their confidence. Dobbie looked burnt out but the wee international break might just see him recharge the batteries. A team with Dobbie should be anywhere near the bottom two.

Morton we're just hovering above the pack. So ideally would like a couple of wins.

Suspensions, players going off form at the wrong time, players switching off and thinking of Benidorm are all factors. Pressure of needing to win the last couple of games etc.

It's all fun... 

Pished myself at 'thinking of Benidorm'.

28 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

It's all fun... 

Have to agree about Alloa. Too many folk look at them and think that because they are part time, they will lose every match and be at the bottom. I don't agree - in  fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they put together a mini-run. They are the ones that worry me, because if they can climb to 8th, then we are done.