The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, faedenny said:

was on holiday, fell ill and went to bed when we were 2 nil down and getting numerous texts from rangers mates....woke up middle of night checked final score, spent next half hour in loo texting back...waking the buggers up, lol.

I said to my brother at HT we are still in this game. The signs were there st the tail end of the half, then luckily because of whwre I was sat, you could draw a straight line from my peepers, through the top corner of the goal right onto Blairs big toe, so as soon as it left his boot I knew it was in. Only other time I have been so sure of a goal before it went in was Vaulks screamer at Ibrox. 

Anyway, the atmosphere in the Stadium was fucking rocking and when Hippo came off the bench and started torturing them it was only a matter of time. Absolute scenes at the end. What a night. 

Everytime I use my commerative mousemat it gives me a warm glow

20 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I see one of the new signings in the reserve team (Langan) was captain of Morton`s U20`s!!

Anything they own, we can take. Just because we're Falkirk. :whistle

He played three or four reserve  games as a trialist and I think was initially just filling a jersey . However, he showed up well so now has a contract to the end of the season along with Souley and Reekie. 

He looks a decent wee player, even if he's not a candidate for the first team at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Anything they own, we can take. Just because we're Falkirk. :whistle

He played three or four reserve  games as a trialist and I think was initially just filling a jersey . However, he showed up well so now has a contract to the end of the season along with Souley and Reekie. 

He looks a decent wee player, even if he's not a candidate for the first team at the moment. 

Strange signing. Was binned in January   after being on loan with Annan where he didnt make an appearance. 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I said to my brother at HT we are still in this game. The signs were there st the tail end of the half, then luckily because of whwre I was sat, you could draw a straight line from my peepers, through the top corner of the goal right onto Blairs big toe, so as soon as it left his boot I knew it was in. Only other time I have been so sure of a goal before it went in was Vaulks screamer at Ibrox. 

Anyway, the atmosphere in the Stadium was fucking rocking and when Hippo came off the bench and started torturing them it was only a matter of time. Absolute scenes at the end. What a night. 

Everytime I use my commerative mousemat it gives me a warm glow

Surely a curve?

1 minute ago, macca937 said:

Strange signing. Was binned in January  after being on loan with Annan where he didnt make an appearance. 

At the moment our reserves are comprised of around six ex-Academy players, most of whom have never been near the first team, and several out-of-the-picture Hartley signings.  All their contracts expire in the summer.  I think it's reasonable to assume that many won't be here at the start of next season.  Which means there'll be spaces in our reserve team.

McKinnon is on record as saying he wants the reserves to be comprised of young players who can make the step up to the first team within a year. Langan might be such a player. So it seems sensible to have a good look at him before deciding if he'll get a longer contract in the summer.  

Not strange at all IMO.  

5 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

I might be missing something here but neither statement mentions paying compensation? 

No but i cant see morton saying that theyve concluded the whole thing with lex miller sorting it out without cash being involved unless he concocted the idea of both clubs stating everything was sorted to save the morton chairman getting a riddie.

Checking out DU v RC tonight, and DU one up at half time. A DU win is the worst possible outcome for us, as it kind of keeps the title race alive. Would really have liked to have the league done and dusted before we play the pair of them. DU resting players for the play offs, and RC already on the beach would have been perfect.

Interesting stats. RC getting beat, yet the first have possession reads DU 30% RC 70%.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Checking out DU v RC tonight, and DU one up at half time. A DU win is the worst possible outcome for us, as it kind of keeps the title race alive. Would really have liked to have the league done and dusted before we play the pair of them. DU resting players for the play offs, and RC already on the beach would have been perfect.
Interesting stats. RC getting beat, yet the first have possession reads DU 30% RC 70%.

Na want them to win and they play Alloa at the weekend. Want them to have something to play for

39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Na want them to win and they play Alloa at the weekend. Want them to have something to play for

Guess there’s permutations either way round.

Guest Ecosse83
52 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Playing for 2nd place and playing 2 games less in play offs is enough incentive for them.