The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

I’m assuming this is unrelated to the SPFL fine which has gone to appeal?

Aye, but I think the appeal may have been dropped looking at this from the Morton site: All matters between the two clubs that are before the SPFL and SFA are now at a conclusion 

I really fuckin hope not.... I'd rather stick with Lang if that's the only option.

There is about as much chance of LM becoming Chairman as a Paul Hartley statue being built at the stadium

Aye, but I think the appeal may have been dropped looking at this from the Morton site: All matters between the two clubs that are before the SPFL and SFA are now at a conclusion 

Just wondering if it’s possible that the fine has also been dropped on the basis that the two clubs have reached a mutual financial agreement?…

49 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Just wondering if it’s possible that the fine has also been dropped on the basis that the two clubs have reached a mutual financial agreement?…

Two different situations, that fine was for breaking rules, Morton wanted compo.

I said at the time if our governing body had awarded the 40/60k fine to be paid to Morton then it would have went away, we will now be paying two parties instead of one. 

The only issue was Morton being hard to deal with, the lesser avenues now has probably seen them agree something a lot lesser than they originally spouted, tho we probably will be paying what they originally asked for to two parties now or thereabouts 

Two different situations, that fine was for breaking rules, Morton wanted compo.
I said at the time if our governing body had awarded the 40/60k fine to be paid to Morton then it would have went away, we will now be paying two parties instead of one. 
The only issue was Morton being hard to deal with, the lesser avenues now has probably seen them agree something a lot lesser than they originally spouted, tho we probably will be paying what they originally asked for to two parties now or thereabouts 

Ok, my only point here is, given the fine, were we under ANY obligation to pay Morton any compensation?
If not why are we paying the bleating lambs any cash at all? f**k them, as Bairnardo rightly said.
If on the other hand we have come to an agreement that allows us to pay the 40K directly to Morton meaning they get compensated, rather than a SPFL trust fund, that sounds much more of a mutually agreeable situation....

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

There is about as much chance of LM becoming Chairman as a Paul Hartley statue being built at the stadium

LM has been full on at the club for 17 years at the club , through thick and thin  , plenty highlights in that time and you come out with this drivel !   Im starting a LM for chairman  club at the next home game . Any one interested in joining ,  I will be at the front doors from 2pm for the big mans arrival .  I can arrange autographs etc. I know he has put FFC first every time for those 17 years  which NONE of you clowns can say .   He has played the game at a decent level and has been a success everywhere he has been. I think its time ML moved aside and let the big man take over  to take us to the next level .  If you have nothing positive to say please save your horse manure for another thread .  COYB

Cliff .

4 hours ago, bud1876 said:
4 hours ago, Rugster said:
Lex paving the way to take over from Lang. Has to be something in it for him for him to get involved. 

I really fuckin hope not.... I'd rather stick with Lang if that's the only option.

Wow  a new level of stupidness  , take a bow !   LM has been involved in football for 40 odd years from grass roots right up through every position possible . Its his time to shine as  Chairman . He is the only one on the BOD that knows football inside out . Surely we all agree on that ? 

Plus ive heard he has just sold some of his property empire for £4.75 million.  Its all set up for LM .  You heard it here first .

Cliff

Wow  a new level of stupidness  , take a bow !   LM has been involved in football for 40 odd years from grass roots right up through every position possible . Its his time to shine as  Chairman . He is the only one on the BOD that knows football inside out . Surely we all agree on that ? 
Plus ive heard he has just sold some of his property empire for £4.75 million.  Its all set up for LM .  You heard it here first .
Cliff
I know he has... I used to play against him.

LM is a statuesque god of a man with a phallus of pure bronze. His business genius and close personal friendship with Neil Doncaster will ensure that the Bairns will be dining at the top table of international football, the top, top table. I have personally donated a large part of my private fortune to his campaign and offered him fairly exclusive access to the wife on a fortnightly basis, such is the regard I hold for this legend in the making. 

LM has been full on at the club for 17 years at the club , through thick and thin  , plenty highlights in that time and you come out with this drivel !   Im starting a LM for chairman  club at the next home game . Any one interested in joining ,  I will be at the front doors from 2pm for the big mans arrival .  I can arrange autographs etc. I know he has put FFC first every time for those 17 years  which NONE of you clowns can say .   He has played the game at a decent level and has been a success everywhere he has been. I think its time ML moved aside and let the big man take over  to take us to the next level .  If you have nothing positive to say please save your horse manure for another thread .  COYB
Cliff .
Wondered how long it would take for LM's PR team to show up.
Was much the same any time he ( or should I say you? ) got any criticism on One F.

LM is a statuesque god of a man with a phallus of pure bronze. His business genius and close personal friendship with Neil Doncaster will ensure that the Bairns will be dining at the top table of international football, the top, top table. I have personally donated a large part of my private fortune to his campaign and offered him fairly exclusive access to the wife on a fortnightly basis, such is the regard I hold for this legend in the making. 

Only fortnightly? Just not good enough NBB....