The Falkirk FC Thread

Have great respect for McKinnon but some of his team selections are strange to say the least.

Our  performance yesterday was terrible and I can’t understand having Paton and Osman basically trying to do the same thing.

There must be a place for Robson in the line up as he brings so much to the side in an attacking way.

Guest Ecosse83
11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have reservations but this is way over the top considering what he inherited.

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of this season. Keep us up is all that matters. As much as it would make your eyes bleed to watch his results since Christmas are difficult to argue with.

Exactly this. If he keeps us up and continues to play this way next season then I think the fans would turn pretty quick but needs must to try and stay up this season. 

He pretty much said it was impossible to get the players he really wanted in January so hopefully next season will be different.

Sibbald finally managing to work his way into the first team, decent player but he's being put out wide. Two goals in two games from him too, seems to be growing on a lot of Livi fans after a shite first 6/7 months.

Thanks again for him

Sibbald finally managing to work his way into the first team, decent player but he's being put out wide. Two goals in two games from him too, seems to be growing on a lot of Livi fans after a shite first 6/7 months.

Thanks again for him
Why are you posting this in here?

10 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Really awful game yesterday and pretty fortunate to draw... 

We're not very good. Pretty shite set of players still to be honest, but I still think we're going to stay up. At least there's battlers in this new squad. Most need to go in the summer if we do stay up though. The football is grim right enough... Eye bleeding stuff.

Hooray - another new team !

We now funnily enough have achieved consistency with the fact that we change the squad all the time.

How did we get to be stuck in this vortex?

4 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Thank Luton Town for not giving him the break he actually wanted. He didn't want to be playing football up here at all, only came back through lack of interest. Which was a bit surprising. I assume he saw the likes of Arfield and Wallace getting moves and assumed the same. Didn't really work out for him. 

Being played out wide is hardly a new problem for him, tbf. Glad to see him getting more game time. Any prospect of him playing in behind the front two? 

Can't see him being played central tbh, we're moving to a 4231 and he's playing LW in that. Occasionally having to play LWB but does decently. Can't see him forcing Jacobs/Pittman/Lawson/Byrne out of the team though so will be left out wide for the time being.

What actually were his best attributes with you guys? He's got a good eye for a pass and is fairly composed on the ball, but has absolutely no pace and can't beat his man at all

thought we were pretty poor on saturday, second to every ball, lack of tempo, slow breaking out, only time we really did it we scored. thought partick were the better side for most of the game, used their wingers and width of the park very well opening us up at the back far too easily.  their goal was so easily prevented. macdonald sitting on his own at the back post doing a crossword waiting on the ball to be passed over.

we have been consistant from christmas with draws and wins which keeps us just ahead of partick/ alloa but we really need to win more, gonna be a long end run in to the season. credit goes to mckinnon and the players brought in, but as somebody else has stated these guys will be back to parent clubs in the summer and we will have a major overhaul to the team yet again. what a mess hartley has left us in. c**t!

Guest Ecosse83
17 minutes ago, faedenny said:

thought we were pretty poor on saturday, second to every ball, lack of tempo, slow breaking out, only time we really did it we scored. thought partick were the better side for most of the game, used their wingers and width of the park very well opening us up at the back far too easily.  their goal was so easily prevented. macdonald sitting on his own at the back post doing a crossword waiting on the ball to be passed over.

we have been consistant from christmas with draws and wins which keeps us just ahead of partick/ alloa but we really need to win more, gonna be a long end run in to the season. credit goes to mckinnon and the players brought in, but as somebody else has stated these guys will be back to parent clubs in the summer and we will have a major overhaul to the team yet again. what a mess hartley has left us in. c**t!

I actually really fear for us now, yes we are better but not winning enough games. How big are the Alloa and Morton home games going to be? 

I've been feeling very positive since January but have that bad feeling again!

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

One poor performance and we’re back to being shite again, fuckin hell :lol:

I think we have always been shite, just less shite than earlier in the season :lol:

Probably because we've only been a tiny bit above shite, even when we've been picking up points. Fine margins are what's going to do for us in the rest of the season. 

I think we have always been shite, just less shite than earlier in the season :lol:

Aye we’re not world beaters, however some are having a bit of an overreaction to the result, I’d still rather be in our position than partick, Alloa or queens.

We can beat anyone in this league on our day now imho.

17 hours ago, bud1876 said:
18 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Thanks again for him

Why are you posting this in here?

.....because he is seriously needy. Same reason he follows the Launderers no doubt.

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Can't see him being played central tbh, we're moving to a 4231 and he's playing LW in that. Occasionally having to play LWB but does decently. Can't see him forcing Jacobs/Pittman/Lawson/Byrne out of the team though so will be left out wide for the time being.

What actually were his best attributes with you guys? He's got a good eye for a pass and is fairly composed on the ball, but has absolutely no pace and can't beat his man at all

Funnily the above makes you want to post that Sibbs has scored in two games in a row. 

I personally never seen all the hype regarding Sibbs bar the one season he won a clean sweep of all our poty and goal inhouse awards, if he was gonna get the move others got, it was at that moment but obviously the suitors seen his size, no pace etc in his game that it wasnt worth the risk of a six figure transfer fee as Luton also did later on.

He has ability but a career high of playing in the top league with Livvy is probably how high it will be bar the cup games with us, the fact Livvy were the only team who wanted him, tells you all you need to know