The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

There were those crying out to play more expansively pre Xmas. Idiots who don't know the game or quality of player. Could have been well detached if we'd adopted that. Ruddens goals kept us in touch yet the young lad still get ridiculed. 

When McKinnon arrived we would all have grabbed the chance to be in the position we are in. Not adrift , in touch and destiny in our own hands. If McKinnon get's us out of this mess which was not of his making. He deserves the goodwill of the fans and the board for at least 3 - 4 seasons.

15 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Tuesday's a bit of a free go in some respects but I'm shiting myself for the Partick game. There will be a big crowd there and we all know what happens to Falkirk when there's a big crowd there!

If only we had a stadium that intimidated the opposition. Having a 4th stand would help but please change the design from what we have at present. Copy of the Brockville stand with up to date safety standards would do just fine. Call it Brockville with the option of an enclosure underneath for the future. Would be a season ticket sell out. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

When McKinnon arrived we would all have grabbed the chance to be in the position we are in. Not adrift , in touch and destiny in our own hands. If McKinnon get's us out of this mess which was not of his making. He deserves the goodwill of the fans and the board for at least 3 - 4 seasons.

What a lot of nonsense, man.

Hartley got us out of a mess last year that wasn't his doing. Would you have let him stay for another 3 seasons?

2 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Hartley got us out of a mess last year that wasn't his doing. Would you have let him stay for another 3 seasons?

he should get time to build but not if we are even close to how bad we were at the start of this season. 

Anything short of mid table and I'd expect any falkirk manager to be shown the door.  Same would happen to McKinnon if we have another start to the season like this or last.

2 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

In fairness the Hartley thing was just mental. Nobody could have expected him to sign so many duds and to leave us in the shit to the extent that he did. I'm thinking that HSW meant that McKinnon should be given plenty of time to build on what he's started, assuming that we see some sort of progress each season. Not sure I would give him 3-4 seasons to do that right enough.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

In fairness the Hartley thing was just mental. Nobody could have expected him to sign so many duds and to leave us in the shit to the extent that he did. I'm thinking that HSW meant that McKinnon should be given plenty of time to build on what he's started, assuming that we see some sort of progress each season. Not sure I would give him 3-4 seasons to do that right enough.

Fair comment ! If we stay up it will be interesting on how he sets up the team.  Can't judge on what we are getting at present, he's being pragmatic and that's fair enough.

I think we’d all want to see something a bit more attack biased than what we are getting now, but I suppose surviving in the Championship is everything at the moment.

Despite tomorrow being a “no pressure” game due to the Sugar Daddy’s cash, Saturday is very different. Six points from the next two games would be amazing but highly unlikely. If we got them, then the damage to Partick and Alloa would be off the scale. Lose them both, and we will have a tough time recovering from it.

11 hours ago, FFCinthearea said:

Apparently he bought his mate a Macaroni Pie instead of a Steak.  That's worthy of a punch in the face at the very least.

At least this chap was at the match. You watched it on TV at a pub just a mile away.

#realfan 

54 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Thinking
What would we play like if young Lavery took DKD’s place? What do the reserve watchers think? A bit small for up front with Zak but in the hole?

He'd either be totally ineffective or MOTM.

His decision-making sometimes goes awry and he occasionally runs into blind alleys. However, when he gets the ball down and runs at people he can go past two or three of them as if they weren't there. He's very raw and probably not consistent enough to be a first pick but there's definitely a player in there.

His decision-making sometimes goes awry and he occasionally runs into blind alleys. However, when he gets the ball down and runs at people he can go past two or three of them as if they weren't there. He's very raw and probably not consistent enough to be a first pick but there's definitely a player in there.

Would like to sign him from Everton when his contract runs out. Thinking he can be one for the future. Seems to have the pace that we were promised with Dennon Lewis.

From the reports of reserve games and the only time I have seen him he looks like a energy bomb and perhaps that could be useful tomorrow against a RC defence that is not the quickest

Heard this earlier, comes across almost as whiney as his faither. 

Well now he’s managed to lump our entire nation as scum due to the actions of two idiots, I’m so pleased for him that he’s now plying his trade in that hotbed of sensibility that is Northern Ireland....
Publicity seeking Cnut....

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think we’d all want to see something a bit more attack biased than what we are getting now, but I suppose surviving in the Championship is everything at the moment.

Despite tomorrow being a “no pressure” game due to the Sugar Daddy’s cash, Saturday is very different. Six points from the next two games would be amazing but highly unlikely. If we got them, then the damage to Partick and Alloa would be off the scale. Lose them both, and we will have a tough time recovering from it.

Whilst there is no doubt McGregor is covering their losses & essentially bankrolling them, apparently they slashed their player budget by half this season.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/1508880/staggies-budget-more-than-halved-ahead-of-championship-campaign/

With the absolute clusterfuck this season - signing a new team, paying off that new team, paying off the old management team (and the one before), recruiting a new management team with associated fines , signing another new team  - I wonder what the gap is now between ourselves and Ross County in terms of money spent on players & management this season.  We might even have overtaken them.

See Crawford Rae trying to make out the offer Tiddser got from us was crazy and there was no way they could have matched it, somehow i think its him spouting more shite to calm down the backlash again and put on the oh woe is me from the Ton supporters if they are gullible enough to believe that we offered crazy wages then they will believe anything.

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/17487998.morton-couldnt-compete-with-crazy-offer-from-falkirk-for-tidser/

however, if another club come in and offer a crazy deal and offer him two years or however long it is for, then it’s very difficult to counter that and go outwith the budget to keep hold of him.

“It was not just over our budget, it was way, way more than that.

Image result for i smell shite