The Falkirk FC Thread

Looks like you sexy b*****ds are going to stay up. Well done. Morton to go down or QOTS?

Thank you.
We arent getting ahead of ourselves. Lot of points to play for yet. But your well wishes are as happily received as ever.

Let me reciprocate. The DABs are shitting it at the thought of a playoff agaisnt you.

Thank you.

This is the first time I've felt genuinely optimistic about where the club is heading for at least 10 years. Maybe longer.

If we can oust Campbell and Lang, get the MSG to f**k, stay up sexily with Big Ray and back him in the summer, I think we'll be in the Premiership in 2 seasons max. 

It's always magic to be a Bairn natch, but it must be really shit not to be us right now...

3 hours ago, Jim Jenkins said:

Get a result on Tuesday and beat Partick next week and things will look good 

Tuesday's a bit of a free go in some respects but I'm shiting myself for the Partick game. There will be a big crowd there and we all know what happens to Falkirk when there's a big crowd there!

16 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have said all season it isn’t a great watch but the win is all that matters now. A good run in the next 3/4 games should see us safe and hopefully then McKinnon could take the breaks off a little and play a bit more expansively.

There were those crying out to play more expansively pre Xmas. Idiots who don't know the game or quality of player. Could have been well detached if we'd adopted that. Ruddens goals kept us in touch yet the young lad still get ridiculed. 

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Jumping ahead a bit, but just been looking at Oddschecker for Saturdays game at home to Thistle. Every bookmaker make Thistle more likely to win than Falkirk.
Am I missing something?

Only the deep joy of us being the betting underdog in every game we have won (including Alloa games). I guess the short view is that they have just beaten Neilson’s Galacticos......something we haven’t looked capable of replicating since we finished their championship hopes last season.

I really really like that Thistle are favourites.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Jumping ahead a bit, but just been looking at Oddschecker for Saturdays game at home to Thistle. Every bookmaker make Thistle more likely to win than Falkirk.
Am I missing something?

Bookies don’t really seem to have a clue how to price some of our games right now. I suppose when you look at our inconsistency of going on a 5 game winning run and battering Ross County for a half, before having about one shot on target in the next two and a half games, their confusion is somewhat justified.

Recent highlights in the nonsense odds department were us being 4/1 when the markets opened against East Fife, and then Hearts at evens against us the other night. Hearts didn’t land obviously, but they should never have been anywhere near that price.

Falkirk are definitely the value bet right now. Wouldn’t be surprised if the odds have switched around by kickoff on Saturday.

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Apparently he bought his mate a Macaroni Pie instead of a Steak.  That's worthy of a punch in the face at the very least.