The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I'm not convinced Morton have got 9 points in them between now and the end of the season. 

It's possible for Falkirk, Queens, Thistle or Alloa to finish above Morton. I do not believe it is possible for any three of Falkirk, Queens, Thistle or Alloa to finish above Morton.

It's possible for Falkirk, Queens, Thistle or Alloa to finish above Morton. I do not believe it is possible for any three of Falkirk, Queens, Thistle or Alloa to finish above Morton.

Probably true. However if both Falkirk and Thistle were to win their extra game, they would be 2 and 3 points behind respectively.

It would probably then depend on the Dobbie factor kicking in again...

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Would imagine Mr Neilson will come under scrutiny of the Yanks very quickly indeed. If they don’t go up, I don’t think there will be any second chances for him. It’s a graveyard for aspiring managers, and in recent times, only Ray McKinnon has moved on to better things. Quite a juicy prospect if they get to the play offs, and it’s Dundee they are up against. Would actually consider getting tickets for that.

ICT will comfortably beat Utd in the playoffs.

Shame really as I'd heve preferred Utd v Dundee

It's in our own hands. When McKinnon took over we would all have settled for that situation. If we get out of this mess of a season McKinnon deserves at least 3 to 4 seasons goodwill from the board and the support. If we are safe on our last home game the team should run on the park to the theme from Deliverance. 

It would be typical Falkirk to get a result at Ross county then get pumped off Thistle.

I cannot be the only one concerned about the shitehouse tactics employed by our team last night, the time wasting  and delaying tactics would have made Alex Macdonald's Airdrie team blush. it was understandable at Greenock when down to 10 men,  but it looked ridiculous vs Ayr , as when we attacked with purpose we looked like scoring more goals.

27 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

It would be typical Falkirk to get a result at Ross county then get pumped off Thistle.

I cannot be the only one concerned about the shitehouse tactics employed by our team last night, the time wasting  and delaying tactics would have made Alex Macdonald's Airdrie team blush. it was understandable at Greenock when down to 10 men,  but it looked ridiculous vs Ayr , as when we attacked with purpose we looked like scoring more goals.

Balls. It's called game management. We were 2-0 up at half time down at Ayr but, because we were playing with Hartley's dross, they didn't know how to close out the game and we got humped. If only we'd had McKinnon instead of Holt when we went in at 3-0 against Hibs at Hampden. 

Every true Falkirk fan knows we cannot play the timewasting/ spoiling way - it always comes back and bites us in the arse. 

Get the third goal, the game is dead, instead we endure 45 mins of shitebaggery and nonsense. The manager has to trust the squad and give fans something to shout about. 

We are Falkirk FFS,  4000 fans watch our home games,  we deserve to see players play, not timewaste.

It's all about game management ffs.

We didn't do that earlier in the season against Ayr and ended up losing the game when 2-0 up.

I could understand your point if we were near the top of the league and playing some absolute diddies like Cowdenbeath or something, but we're not and Ayr are still a decent side - I'd much rather we saw the game out in a professional manner.

Also the scoreline last night makes it a totally different scenario, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to shithouse at 1-0 and losing a late goal anyway (as countless away teams have done at TFS in the past) but we were 2-0 up, giving us plenty of breathing space to see the game out. Long may it continue.

I have said all season it isn’t a great watch but the win is all that matters now. A good run in the next 3/4 games should see us safe and hopefully then McKinnon could take the breaks off a little and play a bit more expansively.

9 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It's all about game management ffs.

We didn't do that earlier in the season against Ayr and ended up losing the game when 2-0 up.

I could understand your point if we were near the top of the league and playing some absolute diddies like Cowdenbeath or something, but we're not and Ayr are still a decent side - I'd much rather we saw the game out in a professional manner.

Also the scoreline last night makes it a totally different scenario, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to shithouse at 1-0 and losing a late goal anyway (as countless away teams have done at TFS in the past) but we were 2-0 up, giving us plenty of breathing space to see the game out. Long may it continue.

We had Fasan in goals then and given the fact he gifted them 2 of the 3 goals we might as well have been playing with 10 men or without a keeper.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I still get angry when I see him playing reserve football. Surely Mitchell or a one legged youth player has to better than that dick? 

I feel your pain on that one, are QotS not looking for a new keeper after yesterday we can donate Fasan as a charitable donation although its like kicking someone in the nuts and saying your doing them a favour. I think out of all the summer signings he is the one i am most annoyed about still being here.  On following the reserve results its just lucky we have strikers that can actually score now its just a case of us needing to score more to stop the balance of having fasan in goals.

Edited by AL-FFC

33 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

It's even more annoying as he's clearly only here because he couldn't get another half decent gig in January. Udinese and Celtic on your CV clearly only gets  you a few free goes in Football. 

Now he's going to have to do it on merit.

RIP.

That's the trouble you would look at that on a CV and think he's got to be good then when you see him in a game you think maybe we should have looked at why he was Ex Udinese and Celtic, I can only imagine he was probably the goalie that done the half time challenge or one of those that were that bad they told him he was a goalie to make him feel better the same as they give them everyone's a winner trophys to make people feel special about themselves for taking part.

I dont think we could give him away if we tried, thank f**k he only got a one year deal.

14 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Balls. It's called game management. We were 2-0 up at half time down at Ayr but, because we were playing with Hartley's dross, they didn't know how to close out the game and we got humped. If only we'd had McKinnon instead of Holt when we went in at 3-0 against Hibs at Hampden. 

I do like when that game gets mentioned. I attended the Final and never been so happy we lost the Semi.

Celtic would have put 5 easy past us

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

I do like when that game gets mentioned. I attended the Final and never been so happy we lost the Semi.

Celtic would have put 5 easy past us

I get what you mean, but that semifinal was the most painful day at football I’ve ever had.