The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Just seen that Rudden's contract is up in the summer. I'd imagine they will offer him a new deal, but if they don't we surely have to be in there with a good shot?

Would hope to land him but with his #f*ckinggoals this season I could see a premiership team snapping him up.

All our loanees contracts are up with their parent clubs in the summer if we can keep even just a handful of them it will go a long way to giving us a bit of stability as far as squad goes, 

All our loanees contracts are up with their parent clubs in the summer if we can keep even just a handful of them it will go a long way to giving us a bit of stability as far as squad goes, 
Would certainly like to see a core of the current team staying. A quality we have now (if we stay up) is at the mid table level throughout with some good enouugh for higher end. If the squad we have now can form the basis, with a few signings that are slightly better then there is a promotion push in there.

That said, I think some folk are taking safety to the bank a bit early.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Would certainly like to see a core of the current team staying. A quality we have now (if we stay up) is at the mid table level throughout with some good enouugh for higher end. If the squad we have now can form the basis, with a few signings that are slightly better then there is a promotion push in there.

That said, I think some folk are taking safety to the bank a bit early.

In all honesty think the relegation battle will run till the last game of the season, as  mentioned previously we are picking up points albeit draws.  Still think Morton and Queens will be in the mix with us, Partick and Alloa so its anyone's guess the main thing is we need to stop having a complete team turnaround every season and building on a  bit of stability.

They will be f*cking all over him. The boy has a big future if he continues to develop. He is only turned 19 and already has power and stamina

Have to pay a development fee. We won’t get him

From the SPFL rulebook:

A Development Contribution is not payable:-

F25.1 where the Player concerned has not, prior to its termination, been offered in writing renewal of his Scottish FA Registration by the Club otherwise entitled to payment of a Development Contribution;

F25.2 where the Player concerned has at any time been Registered as a Professional Player to the Club otherwise entitled to payment of a Development Contribution;

F25.3 where the Player concerned is, for the first time, Scottish FA Registered as a Professional Player and the Club otherwise entitled to payment of a Development Contribution has not, prior to termination of his Scottish FA Registration to that Club, offered in writing the Player a Contract of Service on specified terms to commence on or before termination of his Scottish 59 FA Registration;

F25.4 where the Player concerned is not also being, and for so long as he is not, registered with the Scottish FA as a player of the Club otherwise liable to pay a Development Contribution;

F25.5 where the Board has, in accordance with the Player Regulations directed the Secretary to Register the Player concerned to the Club otherwise liable to pay a Development Contribution without requiring that a Development Contribution first be paid; or

F25.6 to the extent and for such period(s) as a Development Contribution has on any previous occasion been paid to the Club otherwise entitled to payment of a Development Contribution for such period.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

In all honesty think the relegation battle will run till the last game of the season, as  mentioned previously we are picking up points albeit draws.  Still think Morton and Queens will be in the mix with us, Partick and Alloa so its anyone's guess the main thing is we need to stop having a complete team turnaround every season and building on a  bit of stability.

It’s the draws that will potentially kill us. Every game we don’t win is a boost for everyone else knowing we can’t get away from them. Stating the bleedin’ obvious, but one win and two defeats gives you the same points as three draws. The money shot is winning two and losing one in any three game group. Do that, and we would be out of the mire pdq.

Even if we went unbeaten until the end of the season, and drew the lot, there’s every chance we would finish 10th.

I need to listen to full podcast but this clip is amazing — https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/stainrod-i-was-living-the-dream-playing-at-falkirk-1-4885188

GOD  saying that being at Falkirk was the best part of his career, choking back the tears talking about standing on that table at Brockville holding the trophy aloft the navy blue faithful. 

Someone must have been cutting onions near me when it got to that bit…

Full podcast here — https://player.fm/series/the-big-interview-with-graham-hunter-1000063/simon-stainrod-last-of-the-bullfighters

Edited by superandy_07

39 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

I need to listen to full podcast but this clip is amazing — https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/stainrod-i-was-living-the-dream-playing-at-falkirk-1-4885188

GOD  saying that being at Falkirk was the best part of his career, choking back the tears talking about standing on that table at Brockville holding the trophy aloft the navy blue faithful. 

Someone must have been cutting onions near me when it got to that bit…

Full podcast here — https://player.fm/series/the-big-interview-with-graham-hunter-1000063/simon-stainrod-last-of-the-bullfighters

Before my time but that clip is amazing. We need to get him over to the stadium more regularly.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Before my time but that clip is amazing. We need to get him over to the stadium more regularly.

Marshy you missed an absolute genius. His speed of thought on the pitch was unbelievable. Some of the things he done were unbelievable.

A lot of people forget though that he was an unselfish player and really improved Sammy McGivern with the way they played together.

I’ll never forget what he done for our club. A true legend.

COYB.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

What he did for us in a short period of time (always feels more than just a season & a half) will stay with every Bairn who saw him forever.

Only Crunchie and Latapy get anywhere near him in my lifetime. So far anyway🤞🏼

Stainrod was bang on the time I started going to games. I was in the junior Bairns then and can remember selecting him as my favourite player. I cant actually vividly remember and of his performances though. Probably because a 4/5 year old wasnt paying any attention to the Wizardry that was unfolding in front of us.

One day he will see fit to walk among us again, amd he will take a different form. And will rejoice.

I remember my dad taking me up to the club shop (located just outside Brockville then) so I could buy a  photograph of Sir Simon with my pocket money. A few days later his departure from the club was announced and I was convinced that I had somehow jinxed it. :(

Also remember shedding a few tears at seeing Crunchie in a Hibs strip.

7 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Marshy you missed an absolute genius. His speed of thought on the pitch was unbelievable. Some of the things he done were unbelievable.

A lot of people forget though that he was an unselfish player and really improved Sammy McGivern with the way they played together.

I’ll never forget what he done for our club. A true legend.

COYB.

My son is named after him - that's how much he means to me. Played in the same team as him as well in a 5 a side tournament   

The Holy Trinity of Bairns will always be Stainrod, Crunchie, Latapy.