The Falkirk FC Thread

49 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Some of my best memories from Brockville involve invading the pitch. Let the young ones have their day. No attacking opposition players so all good fun

Brockville the ultimate bearpit of a stadium. Guys in the enclosure banging and shaking the wire mesh covering the away dressing room. The  people in the stand above their dressing room drumming their feet. All building up during the managers pre kick of talk. Them the abuse as they ran out the tunnel. There were about 12 supporters that always stood in the enclosure behind and beside the away teams dugout and gave 90 minutes on non stop abuse ! wonderful stuff. The atmosphere sometime would raise the hackles on your neck. No wonder the Pars called it Castle Doom. Sadly missed.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Some of my best memories from Brockville involve invading the pitch. Let the young ones have their day. No attacking opposition players so all good fun

One i remember was i think it was East Fife we were playing we need to beat or draw East Fife to get promoted we drew 2-2.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Pleased with that signing. Our worst season for years and we can still cherry pick from the Greenock tramps.

Should've leaked it before last night:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-to-sign-morton-midfielder-michael-tidser-in-the-summer-1-4882255

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A great game and if I remember correctly if East Fife had beat us 4 0 and other results went for them they could have been promoted ??

That's the one, think we were 2 nil up and we had a habit of conceding in the last 10 minutes back then, which had happened.

One i remember was i think it was East Fife we were playing we need to beat or draw East Fife to get promoted we drew 2-2.
i had a vhs video of that for years, the whole game and the pitch invasion after. and Billy Lamont and the players presentation from the main stand to the thousands still on the pitch. amazing game they said 8000 at it, more like 18000 was rammed both sides. anyone still have this video would still love to watch

42 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There were about 12 supporters that always stood in the enclosure behind and beside the away teams dugout and gave 90 minutes on non stop abuse !

I only stood there once, by accident, for a game against Airdrie (I didn't realise the upper main stand and lower main stand had separate turnstyles)

Anyhoo, Alex McDonald, I think it was, took absolute pelters, started reacting and was finally sent to the stand by the ref - he was in the papers bleating about the fans behind him for days afterwards.

Loved Brockville.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s right. I was on the pitch at the end. Great days.

Same here mind when the final whistle blew and everyone was trying to climb over the barriers to get on the pitch great times only so fast you can climb over an advertising board when a good few hundred at the back with the same intention ...lol 

Anyone listen to walking down Hope St with big Baptie talking about his red card against Airdrie had me in stitches took a boot from Geordie Watson to the head and had smelling salts to bring him round got up to carry on playing and sent another player flying and ref booked him and said "you're kidding right i just booked you 5 minutes ago for that" Craw  when ? "just there" no you didnae.  Got into the changing room and coach said he will run the bath for him and then Baptie asked when is the game kicking off "sit down craw your concussed i'll get the doctor"

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Seen the videos from outside last night. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png why would you throw a traffic cone when you could throw a punch? Utterly embarrassing.

Why throw anything? Get this element of the game to f**k. It’s embarrassing. Trust an Airdrie United fan to be right into this behaviour. 

48 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
58 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

i had a vhs video of that for years, the whole game and the pitch invasion after. and Billy Lamont and the players presentation from the main stand to the thousands still on the pitch. amazing game they said 8000 at it, more like 18000 was rammed both sides. anyone still have this video would still love to watch

Was that the game Willie McGuire scored a screamer? I've probably still got the video in the loft. Got nothing to play it on though! :lol: