The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Why are everyone so confident? We don’t win games, we’ve only won once at home all season, we still struggle to score. 

Our fixtures should be kinder, our last game is v Ross County Who May have nothing to play for and still have Thistle and Alloa at home.

I’d like to think we can finish 8th but it wouldn’t be a shock to finish bottom.

Falkirk fan adds a bit of reality and gets slammed for it  - shock horror

31 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Falkirk fan adds a bit of reality and gets slammed for it  - shock horror

The only reality is we have started 2019 scoring in every game, a 50% win rate, unbeaten and not struggling to score as suggested.

We cant discount how we started the season, that is why we are playing catch up

Why are everyone so confident? We don’t win games, we’ve only won once at home all season, we still struggle to score. 
Our fixtures should be kinder, our last game is v Ross County Who May have nothing to play for and still have Thistle and Alloa at home.
I’d like to think we can finish 8th but it wouldn’t be a shock to finish bottom.
Not sure how you can say we're struggling to score. We're the 2nd top scorers over the last 10 league games. Screenshot_20190227-172113.jpg

We are a vastly improved team from the disgraceful collection of men in the wrong jobs we had after the summer bout of lunacy.

As I stated a few days back avoiding relegation is the only target for this season and frankly I don’t give a toss where we finish as long as we are in this league next season, even if it takes a last minute own goal in the play off final to keep us up.

Slightly off topic but I feel it's worth mentioning. When we tapped up McKinnon and put a few Morton boys in the sanatorium I thought that was the worst reaction to a manager leaving a club I would ever see.

However, the Celtic fans are losing their mind over Rodgers going to Leicester, it is hilarious but I feel it takes the shine of the damage Raymondo did to the Morton lads and that is a little bit sad. We didn't even get a full season of being the biggest b*****ds in the world.

Slightly off topic but I feel it's worth mentioning. When we tapped up McKinnon and put a few Morton boys in the sanatorium I thought that was the worst reaction to a manager leaving a club I would ever see.
However, the Celtic fans are losing their mind over Rodgers going to Leicester, it is hilarious but I feel it takes the shine of the damage Raymondo did to the Morton lads and that is a little bit sad. We didn't even get a full season of being the biggest b*****ds in the world.

The Celtic minded types are so utterly deluded / brainwashed that they behave like a religious sect or cult rather than supporters of a football club that no one outside of Scotland and Ireland gives a f**k about.

The Celtic minded types are so utterly deluded / brainwashed that they behave like a religious sect or cult rather than supporters of a football club that no one outside of Scotland and Ireland gives a f**k about.

Tbh, listening to Radio Scotland it’s the media that concerned me over all of this. They seemed to think its incredulous that a manager leaves Celtic to join an EPL club. Rodgers could never get a top 6 job in England with Celtic but he can if he does well at Leicester.
Why our media think winning a treble with Celtic is in anyway an incentive to stay in Scotland is beyond me. For me if he had stayed he was in a cushy uncompetitive nothing job and lacked any ambition whatsoever.
About time our media and the Neanderthals got a reality check imo.

32 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Hardly a like-for-like comparison. Rodgers shafted them 36 hours ago, so it's understandable they're still p****d off, especially when they have replaced him with a patently inferior manager. McKinnon has been gone 6 months, yet the Greenock diddies are still as utterly consumed by it as they were on 31st August. It's ruined them.

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Hardly a like-for-like comparison. Rodgers shafted them 36 hours ago, so it's understandable they're still p****d off, especially when they have replaced him with a patently inferior manager. McKinnon has been gone 6 months, yet the Greenock diddies are still as utterly consumed by it as they were on 31st August. It's ruined them.

I guarantee they are still having vietnam style flashbacks about this in 20 years.

2 hours ago, GMBairn said:

I guarantee they are still having vietnam style flashbacks about this in 20 years.

That's why I pray the Tidser rumours prove to be true, their reaction to that defection would be almost too beautiful to contemplate. Hopefully the travelling support give him a good reception on Friday evening. That should be enough for some of them to spontaneously combust.

The Rogers thing was more akin to Jeffries departure. He had (stupidly) declared himself to be a “Celtic man”. The manner of his departure left Celtic trying to scramble around trying to manage the narrative when Rogers had in fact, shot the craw the day before, and had made it clear he was going as soon as the Leceister offer was known to him.

In reality, it’s probably his last chance of riding the EPL gravy train, and if Leceister’s offer was “it’s now or never”, then I am sure he was happy to be portrayed as the generic football manager hypocrite he probably has always been. Such is life.

There will doubtless be much rejoicing when he is inevitably sacked by Leceister, but I am sure he will pocket enough cash to ease the pain. Thereafter, a wee bit of punditry and a lot of golf will be the order of the day.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Like.... In court type trial?

Not a footballing trial... Surely?

You would have thought but no looks like Chelsea are letting him go at the end of the season and Sunderland looking to put him into their Academy, Although think i read they got humped the other night, Also reading this from the article its almost like a report card and you would expect to have your balls booted for the last bit for a summary..lol:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-ruben-sammut-sunderland-chelsea-15891613

Style of play

Favouring a deep-lying midfield role generally, he is a competent distributor of the ball in the centre of the pitch.

Despite sporadic appearances this season for Falkirk, where he averaged around 55 minutes of playing time per game, he still displayed a decent pass completion rate of 79.6%. 

He also enjoys a decent success rate in terms of passes into the final third, with 61.9% of those passes into the final third finding their intended target.

Good at reading the game and breaking down opposition attacks, he averages around 3.8 interceptions per 90 minutes.

Although he very rarely contributes in attacks, he is a competent dribbler if ever required to get himself out of any tight situations in the middle of the pitch. Although averaging just 0.71 dribbles per 90 minutes, his success rate in those dribbles is 80.8%.

Areas to improve

Although traditionally deployed a lot deeper on the pitch, Sammut offers very little in terms of creative or attacking threat.

He failed to register a single shot on target for Falkirk this season and his Expected Goal (xG) average was just 0.01, suggesting he offered virtually nothing in the final third.

He also failed to register any assists in Scotland this season, posting an xA average again of just 0.01. This would suggest he still needs to develop the creative aspect of his game, or he will be forced to rely on other creative players around him to produce and finish goalscoring opportunities

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

If Sunderland add him to their academy knowing all that, they deserve another relegation. 

Its the last bit that sums it up No assists, no shots on goal and no creativity and offers nothing in the final third= WHY would you

That's why I pray the Tidser rumours prove to be true, their reaction to that defection would be almost too beautiful to contemplate. Hopefully the travelling support give him a good reception on Friday evening. That should be enough for some of them to spontaneously combust.

I wish we weren’t being so cautious and waiting until the last game vs Morton to announce it.

Just now, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I wish we weren’t being so cautious and waiting until the last game vs Morton to announce it.

We keep it civil so Morton don't lose their shit.

When we went to Greenock just after Ray took a bigger job the local rag was going full gangsta on us.

Stay Classy