The Falkirk FC Thread

amazing....3 wins 3 draws 0 losses this year so far and still bottom equal in the league. it just shows how in trouble we were/are.

3 teams at bottom closing on on the pack above now with bottom 6 clubs all within only 6 points of each other with 33 still to play for. very exciting every game a six pointer and each game makes the pendulum swing

amazing....3 wins 3 draws 0 losses this year so far and still bottom equal in the league. it just shows how in trouble we were/are.

3 teams at bottom closing on on the pack above now with bottom 6 clubs all within only 6 points of each other with 33 still to play for. very exciting every game a six pointer and each game makes the pendulum swing

Happier with this squad in a battle than any team we have fielded for a couple of years. We have dig and more importantly we have options on the bench

25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Like to see a change up front on Friday. We need a spearhead who can hold it in. Rudden is not the answer in that role IMO.

Should you honestly drop Rudden? There's loads more to football than holding the ball up, and it's not like Rudden is completely incapable of doing that. Guy gives 100%, closes down defenders, and has the knack of being in the right place when the ball is in the box, a better skill up front than holding the ball up.

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Should you honestly drop Rudden? There's loads more to football than holding the ball up, and it's not like Rudden is completely incapable of doing that. Guy gives 100%, closes down defenders, and has the knack of being in the right place when the ball is in the box, a better skill up front than holding the ball up.

I don't see that many premiership teams with a player that holds the ball up, most teams don't play with the old target man approach any more. 

Like to see a change up front on Friday. We need a spearhead who can hold it in. Rudden is not the answer in that role IMO.

Todorov looks like a player well capable of performing that role. Doesn’t score that many but I think he and Rudden could be effective up front.....

Yes I would leave him out if we are going to play 4-3-3.

I am not doubting his attributes but not convinced playing this system suits him.

All about opinions.

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Todorov looks like a player well capable of performing that role. Doesn’t score that many but I think he and Rudden could be effective up front.....

Said the same yesterday, he was properly bullying the Dundee Utd defence when he came on and won a load of balls in the air.

Edited by Rizzo

God bless big Nikolay but what has he shown in 20 minutes of running about that would make people think we should be ripping up a winning team and dropping our top scorer? It's a different option for us off the bench but that should be about it for him. 

I watched McKinnon's interview this morning and his comments on Jarvis were a bit cryptic, he basically said he's not up to scratch at this stage but will become a big player for us? I thought that was a bit odd, unless he's talking about fitness/sharpness and I've just read too much into it. 

IMO we should be asking Keilor-Dunn where he wants to play and building the midfield and attack around that. Easily our best technical and creative player and we should be facilitating whatever gets him on the ball most. 

God bless big Nikolay but what has he shown in 20 minutes of running about that would make people think we should be ripping up a winning team and dropping our top scorer? It's a different option for us off the bench but that should be about it for him. 
I watched McKinnon's interview this morning and his comments on Jarvis were a bit cryptic, he basically said he's not up to scratch at this stage but will become a big player for us? I thought that was a bit odd, unless he's talking about fitness/sharpness and I've just read too much into it. 
IMO we should be asking Keilor-Dunn where he wants to play and building the midfield and attack around that. Easily our best technical and creative player and we should be facilitating whatever gets him on the ball most. 

Rudden got completely bullied yesterday. He needs support though the middle IMO.