The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Dundee United have invested well and will steam through to win the league now.

RC and AU will be in the playoffs. Probably ICT will edge 4th. QOS will be nowhere near the bottom, and DA will do enough to steer clear.

So Morton (maybe), Partick and ourselves fighting to avoid 9th. I think Alloa will fold now; their last two defeats are hammer blows to them.

As far as we go, it's a bummer we have to play DU and RC twice. Max 1 point there for us unfortunately. We'll need to beat PT, Alloa and Morton at home. Probably Ayr too, and we must not lose at Cappielow or EEP.

It's tough, but do-able. If we were to finish 9th, I'd be confident we would have enough of a squad to take care of Forfar and Raith Rovers in the play offs.

I dont think you can really predict owt bar Alloa bottom and Ross County, Dundee Utd and Ayr in no particular order as a top three.

Everyone is cutting each others throat bar Alloa and Id be more concerned with a team who have or will hit a winless streak, I am looking at you Morton and even ICT who have had 7 consecutive draws in the season and are currently not winning the odd game to compliment that draw stat.

I personally dont think ICT will finish 4th and its fully up for grabs to whoever has the best run in.

The big bonus hopefully is we may face RC and DUFC  in the last two games when they have either sewn up the league or resting players for the play offs, if they haven't then bugger and I hope we have sealed our position by then, The goal difference of United is like an extra point for County tho and Utd winning by 1 goal margins wont turn that around. Our game home against Morton on the 20th April might be an interesting affair. 

Its been one of the worst standards of championships I have seen, but looking like to have a hell of a lot of twists and turns to come.

10 hours ago, MrDust said:

Alloa having Qos away and ICT away in the next two fixtures on the back of 5 straight defeats surely will have left them a bit for dead now, tho hope they have grasps of fight when they play the Pars at home after those fixtures !!

I am still in the thought that anyone 9th -1st can beat each other home or away which does make it harder to make up ground, tho ourselves and Partick are going about 2019 the right way to climb upwards, its still gonna involve a fair bit of graft. 

5 wins for ICT is a bit presumptuous given they have only won 7 in 24, I can see them down around the 7th or so place come May tho. I am sure we overturned a 12pt gap between us and Hibs in the last quarter to finish 2nd one season.

I have remained positive throughout, but I now feel that 9th will be our worst finishing position now, so I am still cautious

Probably any championship winning team in the last 25yr would have it wrapped up by now

I only put ICT down four wins, not 5. Those four wins are closer to average form. If they indeed got 5 wins, it makes our 7 wins not enough. We would need to up that to 8 wins.

16 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The big bonus hopefully is we may face RC and DUFC  in the last two games when they have either sewn up the league or resting players for the play offs, 

You may also go into the last two games against sides taking the title to the wire. It's going to be incredibly interesting. 

Can't believe we're not discussing our impending promotion via the play-offs yet, have we been burned so badly by recent transfer window hypes? An unbeaten run like this with a new squad would have had us chatting about coefficients and Europe League places not too long ago. Have the East Stand Gazebos been booked yet or are we just waiting for confirmation of whether we pump the Arabs 5 or 6 nil?

45 mins in at reserve game, 1-1

OHara took goal well, should've had two, Jarvis seemed to put himself about, hard to tell in these games fully but will do a job I think. I doubt he will be out for the second half with Todorov on the bench, ditto Robson with Dunne getting called in(he has been playing left back recent games I've seen)

No DKD kinda indicates not being risked and will be a starter on Saturday.

Fasan let in an average free kick....average is being generous

19 minutes ago, MrDust said:

45 mins in at reserve game, 1-1

OHara took goal well, should've had two, Jarvis seemed to put himself about, hard to tell in these games fully but will do a job I think. I doubt he will be out for the second half with Todorov on the bench, ditto Robson with Dunne getting called in(he has been playing left back recent games I've seen)

No DKD kinda indicates not being risked and will be a starter on Saturday.

Fasan let in an average free kick....average is being generous

just checked twitter 3-2 Falkirk now? Sounds like a game!

Jarvis looked promising.

Ohara did his usual running around like crazy but still a terrible touch.

liked the look of Reekie.

Brough strolled the first half very untroubled.

Kidd never on the pace. 

Lavery worked really hard and did quite well.

Robson looked really good and was dangerous in attacking mode.

mcLean flattered to deceive.

left at HT. very cold!!

Fasan looked hopeless at their free kick goal.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Jarvis looked promising.

Ohara did his usual running around like crazy but still a terrible touch.

liked the look of Reekie.

Brough strolled the first half very untroubled.

Kidd never on the pace. 

Lavery worked really hard and did quite well.

Robson looked really good and was dangerous in attacking mode.

mcLean flattered to deceive.

left at HT. very cold!!

Fasan looked hopeless at their free kick goal.

It's the best I've seen Lavery but to me very much a clone of OHara, can do some good things but its the bad that hinders him, pair of them not the answer for us.

The 2nd goal we lost brought back the horror show that is Fasan, the defence didn't do themselves any favours but the pace the ball went in at and how, you have to ask what Fasan is doing. 

Thankfully we won't see him again in a real match. 

It's hard to get a real grasp of players in the reserve games but Jarvis looked promising, I'd suggest Todarov put decent shift and will do a job for us if called on.

On 18/02/2019 at 18:28, MrDust said:

It's the best I've seen Lavery but to me very much a clone of OHara, can do some good things but its the bad that hinders him, pair of them not the answer for us.

The 2nd goal we lost brought back the horror show that is Fasan, the defence didn't do themselves any favours but the pace the ball went in at and how, you have to ask what Fasan is doing. 

Thankfully we won't see him again in a real match. 

It's hard to get a real grasp of players in the reserve games but Jarvis looked promising, I'd suggest Todarov put decent shift and will do a job for us if called on.

I thought Todorov looked pretty good in his 10 minutes at Alloa. Obviously didn't see much of him but he took the ball in well, held it up and found teammates with his passes, that's something Rudden doesn't really do that much and I think a pairing of them could potentially be quite effective.