The Falkirk FC Thread

I am struggling to find anyone saying results went against us today (on here). I think Partick bearing Alloa was much better than Alloa beating Partick. Probably ICT and Ayr winning would have been a better outcome, but it’s swings and roundabouts tbh.

Difficult to tell. If you are a real optimist both QoS and ICT losing means we are now 9 points off the 4th playoff slot.
Morton got a point a home today but again failed to score. I think they have reason to sweat.....

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Apart from probably RC everybody is capable of beating any other team in the league on a good day. Should be a very close thing as to who is in the 9th spot. Think Alloa have had their time and as a PT team deserve a lot of credit

In all honesty you could leave  the bit I`ve put in bold out of your post.  We've played County 3 times have yet to lose and have taken 5 points. They might still win the league but they are nothing special.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Apart from probably RC everybody is capable of beating any other team in the league on a good day. 

Really? Lost twice to an awful Morton and contrived to draw with the worst Falkirk side in history. There is not one above average team in this league, which simply makes our own woeful underachievement as frustrating as it is predictable.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Difficult to tell. If you are a real optimist both QoS and ICT losing means we are now 9 points off the 4th playoff slot.
Morton got a point a home today but again failed to score. I think they have reason to sweat.....

I think the immediate target is still “not 10th”, and the stretch target is 8th. The 4th place play off spot in the remaining time frame means us not only matching the sides already there for all but three of the remaining games.....and in those three games, they need to lose, and we need to win them.

To overcome a 9 point gap in 12 games is no mean feat. Just look at how bad we were yet only four teams have managed to open up a gap of 9 or more points on us in 24 games never mind reversing it in just 12 games.

Let’s say ICT adopted a bang average  WDLWDLWDLWDL for the rest of the season. We would need to come up with a  WDLWDWWDWWDW to catch them. Now, one defeat and seven wins in the next twelve games is possible, but highly unlikely.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

In all honesty you could leave  the bit I`ve put in bold out of your post.  We've played County 3 times have yet to lose and have taken 5 points. They might still win the league but they are nothing special.

Exactly county are bang average and lead by a couple of clueless clowns that would struggle to get a gig anywhere else. When you compare them to the teams that won the league when we were doing well then standards at the top really have dropped markedly. Our side that came second losing only 4 games wouldve had this league sewn up by now. Its all about timing and our bod are feckin dreadful at that along with a long list of other things.

I would take 8th right now. Can see this being incredibly tight as everyone is capable of picking off points. I’m hoping that Alloa are maybe starting to struggle and we can get a bit more breathing space. Next weeks game against the pars will tell how true that is. Every game from now on in is huge. It’s a decent achievement to be in this position given the shambles we were though. At least this is all in our own hands!

4 minutes ago, southstand_bairn said:

I would take 8th right now. Can see this being incredibly tight as everyone is capable of picking off points. I’m hoping that Alloa are maybe starting to struggle and we can get a bit more breathing space. Next weeks game against the pars will tell how true that is. Every game from now on in is huge. It’s a decent achievement to be in this position given the shambles we were though. At least this is all in our own hands!

I think we play Dundee Utd next week.

......and this means we simply can’t afford to lose those next two games. In fact, we probably just need to concentrate on outperforming Alloa from here on in and just let everything else take care of itself.

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think the immediate target is still “not 10th”, and the stretch target is 8th. The 4th place play off spot in the remaining time frame means us not only matching the sides already there for all but three of the remaining games.....and in those three games, they need to lose, and we need to win them.

To overcome a 9 point gap in 12 games is no mean feat. Just look at how bad we were yet only four teams have managed to open up a gap of 9 or more points on us in 24 games never mind reversing it in just 12 games.

Let’s say ICT adopted a bang average  WDLWDLWDLWDL for the rest of the season. We would need to come up with a  WDLWDWWDWWDW to catch them. Now, one defeat and seven wins in the next twelve games is possible, but highly unlikely.

Alloa having Qos away and ICT away in the next two fixtures on the back of 5 straight defeats surely will have left them a bit for dead now, tho hope they have grasps of fight when they play the Pars at home after those fixtures !!

I am still in the thought that anyone 9th -1st can beat each other home or away which does make it harder to make up ground, tho ourselves and Partick are going about 2019 the right way to climb upwards, its still gonna involve a fair bit of graft. 

5 wins for ICT is a bit presumptuous given they have only won 7 in 24, I can see them down around the 7th or so place come May tho. I am sure we overturned a 12pt gap between us and Hibs in the last quarter to finish 2nd one season.

I have remained positive throughout, but I now feel that 9th will be our worst finishing position now, so I am still cautious

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Exactly county are bang average and lead by a couple of clueless clowns that would struggle to get a gig anywhere else. When you compare them to the teams that won the league when we were doing well then standards at the top really have dropped markedly. Our side that came second losing only 4 games wouldve had this league sewn up by now. Its all about timing and our bod are feckin dreadful at that along with a long list of other things.

Probably any championship winning team in the last 25yr would have it wrapped up by now

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Haha. You are spot on. If that pair of diddy’s manage to lead County to a league title then it highlights how big an opportunity other clubs have missed.

Dundee United have invested well and will steam through to win the league now.

RC and AU will be in the playoffs. Probably ICT will edge 4th. QOS will be nowhere near the bottom, and DA will do enough to steer clear.

So Morton (maybe), Partick and ourselves fighting to avoid 9th. I think Alloa will fold now; their last two defeats are hammer blows to them.

As far as we go, it's a bummer we have to play DU and RC twice. Max 1 point there for us unfortunately. We'll need to beat PT, Alloa and Morton at home. Probably Ayr too, and we must not lose at Cappielow or EEP.

It's tough, but do-able. If we were to finish 9th, I'd be confident we would have enough of a squad to take care of Forfar and Raith Rovers in the play offs.

Dundee United have invested well and will steam through to win the league now.
RC and AU will be in the playoffs. Probably ICT will edge 4th. QOS will be nowhere near the bottom, and DA will do enough to steer clear.
So Morton (maybe), Partick and ourselves fighting to avoid 9th. I think Alloa will fold now; their last two defeats are hammer blows to them.
As far as we go, it's a bummer we have to play DU and RC twice. Max 1 point there for us unfortunately. We'll need to beat PT, Alloa and Morton at home. Probably Ayr too, and we must not lose at Cappielow or EEP.
It's tough, but do-able. If we were to finish 9th, I'd be confident we would have enough of a squad to take care of Forfar and Raith Rovers in the play offs.

I am confident we win one of the two home games v DU or RC. Don’t fancy we will get much at cappilow though.

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am confident we win one of the two home games v DU or RC. Don’t fancy we will get much at cappilow though.

I'm the opposite, I think we'll take 3pts off Morton, they were guff when we last played them, and it will be tough in the other two.