The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

It did work there was an issue that there was an area in the box to the N stand end that didn't work correctly or didn't get defrosted resulting in a cancellation.  

On another note did that have to be lifted prior to the astro turf being laid ? 

So, it didn’t work then. 

My gut feeling after another round of results... We are going to have to pull out some unexpected wins to stay up. I am talking Dundee Utd next week or Ross County away types.

Its in our hands of course, which is good. But none of the teams above are as bad as we WERE. We might even be better than some of them now, but not 8 point overhaul better.

Its still a big battle we have.

Didn’t get round to working out what was best for us in terms of results. I suppose the Fifers have pulled away a bit, but tbh, I reckoned that ICT had enjoyed a bit of a jammy streak lately, and it ended today.

Ayr seem to be running out of steam, and hopefully the Partick result has now mortally wounded Alloa. We have a one point advantage and a game in hand.

Our focus now has to be matching or bettering Partick unless/until someone else gets dragged into it. For now, it’s still us Partick and Alloa with Partick now having a real bit of momentum. Everyone else will be breathing a bit easier, but come on, we effectively gave everyone else a half season start. Right this minute, plays offs against Raith look like our most likely route to safety.

A win against DU next week would have them experiencing a bit of a Groundhog Day meltdown, and would instantly have a few sides above us panicking all over again......but given their expenditure, it’s a big ask. As Bairnardo says though, that’s the sort of result we are going to have to come up with to automatically stay up.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Didn’t get round to working out what was best for us in terms of results. I suppose the Fifers have pulled away a bit, but tbh, I reckoned that ICT had enjoyed a bit of a jammy streak lately, and it ended today.
Ayr seem to be running out of steam, and hopefully the Partick result has now mortally wounded Alloa. We have a one point advantage and a game in hand.
Our focus now has to be matching or bettering Partick unless/until someone else gets dragged into it. For now, it’s still us Partick and Alloa with Partick now having a real bit of momentum. Everyone else will be breathing a bit easier, but come on, we effectively gave everyone else a half season start. Right this minute, plays offs against Raith look like our most likely route to safety.

2points in 12 for Raith. Big assumption that they will be the play off team to beat imo...

19 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not really, and Ray said he only wanted people in who are fully committed. McDonald said he couldn’t fully commit due to his TV obligations. Not arsed he’s signed for thistle.

19 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

A 30 something who hasn't played football in six months and will probably train twice a week. No thanks. 

19 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hasn't played in 9 months and is well on his way to 36 years old. Desperate signing by Caldwell imo 

19 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I hope McDonald gets game time for them. I really do.

9 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

I'd rather have jarvis and I've never even seen him play. 

7 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

What that suggests to me is that Partick were the only Championship club with a continuing interest in him and he's been holding off waiting for their results to turn. Worrying for Partick if true.

39B035BB-47AF-4C32-A899-096AEAC9E544.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

39B035BB-47AF-4C32-A899-096AEAC9E544.jpeg

Ok.....if scoring against Alloa is the test, I guess he passed 

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My gut feeling after another round of results... We are going to have to pull out some unexpected wins to stay up. I am talking Dundee Utd next week or Ross County away types.

Its in our hands of course, which is good. But none of the teams above are as bad as we WERE. We might even be better than some of them now, but not 8 point overhaul better.

Its still a big battle we have.

Its still all a bit if your auntie had baw's she'd be your uncle

We could go above Morton in a couple of weeks with a game in hand(results depending) its all very much in our own hands and I am pretty confident we are currently in our worst finishing position currently,  but think we will be higher

We could go above Morton in a couple of weeks with a game in hand(results depending) its all very much in our own hands and I am pretty confident we are currently in our worst finishing position currently,  but think we will be higher
For me its just there seemed a lot of assumption that Pars and Morton would just freefall right into our hands. Thats not going to happen IMO.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

For me its just there seemed a lot of assumption that Pars and Morton would just freefall right into our hands. Thats not going to happen IMO.

Long long way to go, Morton might even win again this year

Just now, LauriestonBairn said:

Folk saying results didn’t go our way today.

Look at it this way- between 15.00hrs last weekend and 16.45hrs this weekend, we have gained;

2 points on Morton
3 points on queens
3 points on Alloa
3 points on Inverness

I’d be more than happy for results to go against us like that every week

I can see ICT right down in the bottom half come May, not bottom two area but very much struggling

2 hours ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Folk saying results didn’t go our way today.

Look at it this way- between 15.00hrs last weekend and 16.45hrs this weekend, we have gained;

2 points on Morton
3 points on queens
3 points on Alloa
3 points on Inverness

I’d be more than happy for results to go against us like that every week

I am struggling to find anyone saying results went against us today (on here). I think Partick bearing Alloa was much better than Alloa beating Partick. Probably ICT and Ayr winning would have been a better outcome, but it’s swings and roundabouts tbh.

I am struggling to find anyone saying results went against us today (on here). I think Partick bearing Alloa was much better than Alloa beating Partick. Probably ICT and Ayr winning would have been a better outcome, but it’s swings and roundabouts tbh.

Apologies should have made myself clearer, I’ve seen negative comments on some social media pages and a few group chats with fellow bairns.