The Falkirk FC Thread

What that suggests to me is that Partick were the only Championship club with a continuing interest in him and he's been holding off waiting for their results to turn. Worrying for Partick if true.

More likely that he was hoping that a Premiership club would come in for his services but it didn’t happen....

14 hours ago, LondonBairn said:

Rubbish. We had an excellent grass surface when we were in the premier league and I don't recall us having big TV money then.

It was dreadful the season or so before we ditched it.  When you add in the costs of your ush its skyhigh maintenance compared to an astro.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

What that suggests to me is that Partick were the only Championship club with a continuing interest in him and he's been holding off waiting for their results to turn. Worrying for Partick if true.

Old team mates and by all accounts Caldwell didnt get the striker in that he wanted in January, Id guess any interested parties for MacDonald ended when he turned down both us and Thistle  and only the old pal act between Caldwell and him kept it going cause you dont keep trailing a guy more than 6 months on since he retired

Actually think McDonald would have signed for us if he wasn’t training on AstroTurf every day. I am not saying I am fussed about it or that we need to rush back to grass just a feeling that was a big part of the issue.

Also on BBC Sportsound last night he mentioned going into a winning environment was attractive. Tells me a few poor results he ain’t really up for the fight.

Might have been worth a punt back in September but irrespective of how generally fit he has kept himself he will be a world away from being match fit.

15 hours ago, LondonBairn said:

Rubbish. We had an excellent grass surface when we were in the premier league and I don't recall us having big TV money then.

Christ Edi, utter pish about signings, and now more utter pish about grass surface maintenance costs. Your powers of recall ain’t too good if you can’t recall turnover when we had a good grass pitch (and never ever on a par with English top flight surfaces).

If you think we (or any Scottish club) have had a playing surface over the course of a season that matches English grounds, then you clearly have started to occupy the same territory as the beloved Branch Ton. You just keep getting stuff so badly wrong that even the candle of patronising tolerance has pretty much been extinguished.

IMG_2726.jpg

Would be great to have terracing/safe standing on a potential fourth stand. Always like this stand at Meggatland. A double sided stand with terracing looking onto a hockey pitch and seats looking out onto a rugby pitch. In the stand itself is a sports centre. Obviously ours would have to be on a larger scale

Conor mcgrandles just scored for MK dons . I must admit i had thought he may never make it down south. Good to hear hes playing and scoring after that horror injury of a few years back.

Ludicrous that an important league game for us and county has been punted aside for a game that only 1200 folk could be arsed turning up for.

9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Somehow i think Sky sports have f*cked up with the league table as according to them we only have 21 points (cue Branch Ton appearance and comment on a point deduction or some other sh*te).

image.png.ad9cbb934382f7c5c10223b42a4a3c71.png

All points won on artificial pitches from last week onwards now null and void? Wouldnt feckin surprise you.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

All points won on artificial pitches from last week onwards now null and void? Wouldnt feckin surprise you.

when you consider all the rules have been changed after us bringing issues to light groundshare (changed for ICT) 10,000 seats reduced to 6000, pretty sure they came out with something to do with our USH if i remember right as it was completely different from the USH installed at other grounds

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

when you consider all the rules have been changed after us bringing issues to light groundshare (changed for ICT) 10,000 seats reduced to 6000, pretty sure they came out with something to do with our USH if i remember right as it was completely different from the USH installed at other grounds

Aye it didnae feckin work. Another piece of brilliance from george craig.

It did work there was an issue that there was an area in the box to the N stand end that didn't work correctly or didn't get defrosted resulting in a cancellation.  

On another note did that have to be lifted prior to the astro turf being laid ?