The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm not surprised players don't like the plastic pitches really. I used to play on ours regularly and I don't think there is much to the complaints about just running on it causing problems but it was where I injured my knee after falling on it.

It certainly feels like concrete just a couple of inches underneath, so for professional players who are continually being knocked down/slide tackled on it I can see how it could cause injuries. Even  grass pitches in the middle of winter are softer.

We were told on Monday evening at the B4L AGM that the new pitch would be ready for July and had been delayed due to talks between the club & council over a land exchange.

I didn’t get the impression from the Foundation guy that the main pitch was changing to grass anytime soon.

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm with everyone else in that it doesn't suit us and we should have kept it full size.

All but one of your league wins have came on it though, hopefully the good work is kept up in the next few weeks

We were told on Monday evening at the B4L AGM that the new pitch would be ready for July and had been delayed due to talks between the club & council over a land exchange.

I didn’t get the impression from the Foundation guy that the main pitch was changing to grass anytime soon.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

See, that might be the real issue. The quality of tackling up here is atrocious. If the players could stay on their feet they'd probably appreciate it a bit better. 

Take your time reading the quoted post. It's probably the stupidest thing I've ever read. It's insulting to anyone who's ever looked at an artificial surface, never mind played on one. What a moron DeeBairn is. 

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

Saw  Barnet on BT the other week and noticed that one of their stands is built onto the side of a leisure centre that runs the length of the pitch. Food for thought.

If the new pitch is being built 30.3m from the main one it doesn't really leave room for much more than a north/south sized stand, however it would still leave us with a fair whack of space (about 3 times the length of behind the goals, maybe 500 Sq.m.) at First Floor level - hopefully the club could fill it with leisure stuff/ other footballing facilities to bring in additional income. Anyone know the outcome of the feasibility study that was done around this time last year? 

Just now, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Possibly not the best defence, tbf. 

Christ if you go to a concert at our place people stand up for 2 hours straight in their seats dancing about and noone gives a feck . It only seems to be football that needs to introduce  tbe extra cost of safe standing. Same at the hydro or wherever when you stand up at a concert there you dont get stewards telling you to sit down and stop enjoying yourself.

21 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

thought it was this season someone said it had its expiry, the thing with a lot of the players injuries they say its down to the artificial pitch and thats why they are so injury prone or just cant play on it or aggravates a recurring problem.

This is the stats in pitch ratings for championship for last season:

image.png.7b26fdf0fb492c7eeadb895b5693faad.png

This just sums up how crap these things are. Livies pitch was like glue every time we played on it last season and certainly wasnt conducive to good football and yet its marked 4th. I'd much rather see football played on our bowling green than the state it was in then. Surprised ICT was marked as badly as it always used to be an excellent surface.

Edited by Shodwall cat

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Still not much of a defence, certain that it's the SFA/spfl that insist that seats are sat in. What the Hydro do is irrelevant in this instance. Or indeed what we do during a concert. 

Thing is the goalposts have moved on stadium criteria as Somerset park is SPFL compliant  for Premiership only I think it’s a bronze standard criteria not that they are going to complain about it. Seems these rules only change when there is a court case involving us involved, groundshare, undersoil heating to name a few

36 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Still not much of a defence, certain that it's the SFA/spfl that insist that seats are sat in. What the Hydro do is irrelevant in this instance. Or indeed what we do during a concert. 

Yes but until someone actually enforces that then why bother spunking cash down the drain on safe standing?