The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

My favourite part was the club bigging up the 100+ applications and probably a good few of those got interviewed only for us to approach and give the job to a guy who wasn't interested and made it perfectly clear to the fans in the 1st 5secs of his interview on FTV.

In hindsight it was a good idea and in all fairness most of us would have opted for Hartley as it was the one name most of us on here mentioned  as the rest were the usual suspects that do the rounds, not to mention Owen Coyle went to county was the only other option most supporters wanted.  Its not even the fact he kept us up as he was doing all right until he signed 17 duds that in itself is an achievement in fact it beggars belief you would have thought 1 or 2 would have been ok but 17.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

In hindsight it was a good idea and in all fairness most of us would have opted for Hartley as it was the one name most of us on here mentioned  as the rest were the usual suspects that do the rounds, not to mention Owen Coyle went to county was the only other option most supporters wanted.

Quite amusing that the 2 guys we were interested In were both absolute disasters.

County couldn't get rid of Coyle fast enough and we gave PH about 5mins of this season

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Quite amusing that the 2 guys we were interested In were both absolute disasters.

County couldn't get rid of Coyle fast enough and we gave PH about 5mins of this season

I think as far as managers go clubs especially, clubs look at the same jobbers pretty much the same as players who move from one championship club to another till they are done then drop down to the seaside leagues or Morton whichever comes first.  (its probably a case of you know what your getting and there isnt that much risk)

its on a par with the Scotland job the one time they went outside the box with Berti Vogts and look how that panned out, the same was done with Hartleys summer recruitment we thought outside the box and then look what happened. 

2 hours ago, oot_the_loop said:

Does anyone still have a copy of the 'job description' that we put out prior to the board going crawling to Hartely for his services?

Aye this is it 

94DE6289-B744-4623-9193-57EE1583D8B1.jpeg

Edited by gav-ffc

Looking at the contract status of our Loanees with the exception of Rudden all their contracts are up in the summer, would be good if some opted to stay.  Though i think some of them will obv want a bigger team than us.

If we do get a percentage of any sale of Vaulks that will be the last signing to bail us out the sh*t till we start producing players again.
Thats not neccesarily true. Whilst Ciaran McKenna is unlikely to stay on longer, he was plucked from nowhere and were we to get guys like that on 18 months or more then there is sell on value to be had. If we can keep him for a year or two he is money.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
32 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:
Looking at the contract status of our Loanees with the exception of Rudden all their contracts are up in the summer, would be good if some opted to stay.  Though i think some of them will obv want a bigger team than us.

If we do get a percentage of any sale of Vaulks that will be the last signing to bail us out the sh*t till we start producing players again.

Thats not neccesarily true. Whilst Ciaran McKenna is unlikely to stay on longer, he was plucked from nowhere and were we to get guys like that on 18 months or more then there is sell on value to be had. If we can keep him for a year or two he is money.

Your back to the "Brentford model" again though thats what we hoped for in the summer unfortunately between Mitch and Hartley neither of them could pick their arse let alone a decent player to call it so badly.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
42 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I dont know how you have come to that conclusion, McKenna looked decent in a back 3/5 but in a 4 he has looked every so like the player his age and experience is.

He isnt sticking out like a sore thumb as Murray Wallace did, McKenna needs game time and experience to grow and being in the lower parts of the league will mean less exposure for him to move on. Dixon by a country mile is our best defender, its just a pity he is in his 30s

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Think it was more the meaning that he's likely the last person with a sell on clause that will go for anything, until we start producing and selling on our players again. Could have been worded better, but most people probably got the meaning regardless. 

Nail on the head ..lol it sounded right in my head when i typed it.

It's financially advantageous for us to have a plastic pitch. For that reason alone ours will probably stay (For what it's worth, I think ours is the best in Scotland and McKee's tweet is probably the first ever 'complaint' I've seen about it). McKee has been one of the most injury prone players we've had at the club over the last few years and if the pitch has hindered him it's a shame. He's never really never had a sustained run in the team tbh, there's definitely player in there as we saw in the playoffs. Like McGhee I don't think he's been helped some some of the utter dumplings he's had to play along side for the last 18 months. Suspect he will be getting binned at the end of the season