The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm probably misunderstanding what you're meaning but would the back 15-20 rows not take us to more than half way down the stand?
Plus the fact that I sit toward the back and I don't want anybody standing in front of me thanks very much.
A juggernauting should be delivered from a standing position. Its a big, BIG yes from me.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Waste of money if you ask me. Why not do what most of the other clubs do and let stewards turn a blind eye to fans standing in their current seats.  If you go to any of the big grounds everyone stands up anyway and our stewards seem to let away fans do it every time a team like the pars come. 

Because it's dangerous and would be against H&S rules.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:
I'm probably misunderstanding what you're meaning but would the back 15-20 rows not take us to more than half way down the stand?
Plus the fact that I sit toward the back and I don't want anybody standing in front of me thanks very much.

A juggernauting should be delivered from a standing position. Its a big, BIG yes from me.

I don't necessarily disagree  and of course folk are on their feet when a goal is scored anyway but, being serious, it would be totally unfair on older folk and others who couldn't stand for 2 hours. 

If we're going to have it in the SS it should be the section closest to the MS where a lot of the younger folk stand anyway. I suspect that this is what the club would intend to do if they were going to pursue the idea although the trip to Tynecastle was maybe just a nice we day out for someone?

14 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't necessarily disagree  and of course folk are on their feet when a goal is scored anyway but, being serious, it would be totally unfair on older folk and others who couldn't stand for 2 hours. 

If we're going to have it in the SS it should be the section closest to the MS where a lot of the younger folk stand anyway. I suspect that this is what the club would intend to do if they were going to pursue the idea although the trip to Tynecastle was maybe just a nice we day out for someone?

There is no part of Gorgie that corresponds to a "nice day out". If you are at a football stadium in Edinburgh, you are miserable. Unless you are watching Hibs attempt to defend a 2-0 lead against 10 men with 3 minutes left on the clock. Then you are about to be enjoying life immensely.

It would indeed. I wouldn’t worry about your seat though, can sit as far back as you like in the main stand.

Yes and it would only take those same 1000 fans 4 months to pay for Lang & Campbell's latest piece of incompetence - excluding legal fees of course.   
How are they still there?

This.

When fans are being ask to dip into their own pockets, it would be wise for the club to show that our money can and will be used for the betterment of the club, rsther than paying for costly recklessness/incompetence.

Get them tae f**k. There must be a price for throwing 40k of the clubs money away.
A lot of the fans obviously feel the same way. That's why I think it might fly after the share issue when people are more engaged and can hold people to account.

With Lang being elected she needed the MSG to keep her in place, she wont have that in the future.

With more input into the club and ring fenced funds for player wages I think it could be more popular.

10 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

? As you can see from the photo, the existing seats are retained and basically a new rail gets added over the top, 

I might be wrong but it looks like there's extra metal, the seat itself is the same but it looks like a different frame. 

Still allot cheaper than the previous type of "safe standing" though. 

14 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I think if the last 2 seasons played out differently the board would still make the money decisions but not with their own money.  By what i read of was it Craig 101 post before Edibairn started his sh*te the board were happy to take the investment but were not willing to let them have any say in the running/decisions and not being funny given some of the decisions over the last 2 seasons i question the competence of those running the club.

if i was going to turn over 300-500k to the club i would be pretty pissed off if i didnt any chance to say where my money was going.

Found this article and reading through it she has pretty much done a U turn on everything she talks about especially the development of young players:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/falkirk/margaret-lang-is-latest-spfl-leading-female-figure-1-3729214

Lang  is obviously a woman of high principles who sticks to what she firmly believes in......well at least for 3 or 4 years. She could be Prime Minister. 

The piece interestingly highlights where we were when she came on board:  

with a Scottish Cup semi-final looming against Hibernian and a play-off place to be won as the season reaches its denouement, she would love to see the her home club progress with its largely homegrown players.

And contrasts (not) nicely with where are now :

Out of Cup to Stenny first round, a relegation play-off place to be avoided , with largely free agents & loan players and no homegrown players.

Although it's not all down to her , it's a pretty damning reflection on her reign .  

7 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Lang  is obviously a woman of high principles who sticks to what she firmly believes in......well at least for 3 or 4 years. She could be Prime Minister. 

The piece interestingly highlights where we were when she came on board:  

with a Scottish Cup semi-final looming against Hibernian and a play-off place to be won as the season reaches its denouement, she would love to see the her home club progress with its largely homegrown players.

And contrasts (not) nicely with where are now :

Out of Cup to Stenny first round, a relegation play-off place to be avoided , with largely free agents & loan players and no homegrown players.

Although it's not all down to her , it's a pretty damning reflection on her reign .  

That was my biggest point with that article she has done a complete U turn on everything she stood for, the last 2 seasons haven't helped much but it helps a lot more when you have a successful team on the park and am not just meaning Premiership.  Its going back down the old we should never have got rid of the academy road again on a plus though looks like Will Vaulks will be on a move to Cardiff, Sheff Utd or another in for his signature so should get something from the sell on clause for that.  Rather have Will back tbh think he was a once in a generation find.

52 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

That was my biggest point with that article she has done a complete U turn on everything she stood for, the last 2 seasons haven't helped much but it helps a lot more when you have a successful team on the park and am not just meaning Premiership.  Its going back down the old we should never have got rid of the academy road again on a plus though looks like Will Vaulks will be on a move to Cardiff, Sheff Utd or another in for his signature so should get something from the sell on clause for that.  Rather have Will back tbh think he was a once in a generation find.

I was under the impression that Will's contract is up in the summer hence the bargain £1.5m he was being touted for during the January window. I hope I'm wrong as this would mean that we'll get heehaw when he moves?

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I was under the impression that Will's contract is up in the summer hence the bargain £1.5m he was being touted for during the January window. I hope I'm wrong as this would mean that we'll get heehaw when he moves?

The 1.5 million move was being touted for summer plus there is a Serie A side in for him, he still has one year left on his contract according to this article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6685735/Cardiff-Sheffield-United-battle-Rotherham-midfielder-Vaulks.html

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The 1.5 million move was being touted for summer plus there is a Serie A side in for him, he still has one year left on his contract according to this article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6685735/Cardiff-Sheffield-United-battle-Rotherham-midfielder-Vaulks.html

Oh well, that's good news then. 

I'm sure I remember an article about a year ago where the Rotherham manager said he wouldn't sell him for £5m or some other huge amount. Obviously, as his contract starts to run down there could well be a change of heart there though.

Hopefully there will be a fair few clubs in for him, maybe starting a bit of a bidding war, and that we'll get a good % of the sale price.

1 hour ago, oot_the_loop said:

Does anyone still have a copy of the 'job description' that we put out prior to the board going crawling to Hartely for his services?

My favourite part was the club bigging up the 100+ applications and probably a good few of those got interviewed only for us to approach and give the job to a guy who wasn't interested and made it perfectly clear to the fans in the 1st 5secs of his interview on FTV.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Oh well, that's good news then. 

I'm sure I remember an article about a year ago where the Rotherham manager said he wouldn't sell him for £5m or some other huge amount. Obviously, as his contract starts to run down there could well be a change of heart there though.

Hopefully there will be a fair few clubs in for him, maybe starting a bit of a bidding war, and that we'll get a good % of the sale price.

Looking at the contract status of our Loanees with the exception of Rudden all their contracts are up in the summer, would be good if some opted to stay.  Though i think some of them will obv want a bigger team than us.

If we do get a percentage of any sale of Vaulks that will be the last signing to bail us out the sh*t till we start producing players again.