The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I almost agree with this. I maybe would have if it were not for things like closing the academy.

If we were to fund two, three or even more top signings a season on top of the playing budget everything may well be rosy in the garden football wise, until some smart c**t on the board decides they can increase their skim by letting the fan money take all the load. If we have a shareholding and a say then we can have checks and balances. I dont want to be part of a significant funding collective that gets no say in the other operations of the club.

Aye, like you say I dont particularly want a say in who supplies the pies, but I would want a say in massive directional shifts of the club if me and those like me are expected to become a lynchpin of the business model by way of hard earned coin.

For example, would a significant fan stakeholding allow said fans collective to vote on raising a motion to get Lang and Campbell out?

I dont want to be putting my money in to backfill their f**k ups.

This for me is the whole point of BtB, i believe the plan is to have 2 new board members appointed by the patrons in place by May 2019 and practically a whole new board (maybe apart from a couple) at the next AGM. Then it would be upto the new board to appoint either one of themselves or bring someone in to be chairman and or CEO.

The South Stand should definitely be the safe standing zone/ area. You could even trial it in one section first. We'd give all of any kind of East Stand (if it is ever built, suspect that is at least 10 years away) to the ugly sisters visiting fans. Why should they get such a luxury? As you can see from the photo, the existing seats are retained and basically a new rail gets added over the top, so no 'wastage' and the gradient/ steps of the stand aren't an issue. It would be great to see this rolled out even on a trial of 100 or so (say the back 6-7 rows of the SS section closest to the Main Stand)

42 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The South Stand should definitely be the safe standing zone/ area. You could even trial it in one section first. We'd give all of any kind of East Stand (if it is ever built, suspect that is at least 10 years away) to the ugly sisters visiting fans. Why should they get such a luxury? As you can see from the photo, the existing seats are retained and basically a new rail gets added over the top, so no 'wastage' and the gradient/ steps of the stand aren't an issue. It would be great to see this rolled out even on a trial of 100 or so (say the back 6-7 rows of the SS section closest to the Main Stand)

What happens if someone wants to sit down behind someone who wants to stand though?

As I understand it the safe standing thing is intended for folk who want to stand and the seats would only be used for matches that require seating to be used, like European games for example.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

If it ever gets off the ground (emoji3.png), I’d hope it’s for the fourth stand rather than incur additional costs to our current stands.

I agree but its the old point that do we need a fourth side

Its all a bit of a juggle if it was, obviously a smaller area with it along the opposite side could see it partially used for away fans if need be instead of opening up the north stand, then there is it might takeaway from the south stand.

If Alloa is anything to go by, we could just throw folk in there already, throw a few terracing bar, loose artificial grass, muck in a flat or uneven manner......sorted 

Waste of money if you ask me. Why not do what most of the other clubs do and let stewards turn a blind eye to fans standing in their current seats.  If you go to any of the big grounds everyone stands up anyway and our stewards seem to let away fans do it every time a team like the pars come. 

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Why not do what most of the other clubs do and let stewards turn a blind eye to fans standing in their current seats. 

Our stewards already do that in the South Stand

would need to be done completely front to back. but i agree wouldnt waste money converting what we have a present but use in a possible 4 stand covered area opposite main stand. but again that means spending money on a new stand, when we cant put bums on the seats we have in place already.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I almost agree with this. I maybe would have if it were not for things like closing the academy.

If we were to fund two, three or even more top signings a season on top of the playing budget everything may well be rosy in the garden football wise, until some smart c**t on the board decides they can increase their skim by letting the fan money take all the load. If we have a shareholding and a say then we can have checks and balances. I dont want to be part of a significant funding collective that gets no say in the other operations of the club.

Aye, like you say I dont particularly want a say in who supplies the pies, but I would want a say in massive directional shifts of the club if me and those like me are expected to become a lynchpin of the business model by way of hard earned coin.

For example, would a significant fan stakeholding allow said fans collective to vote on raising a motion to get Lang and Campbell out?

I dont want to be putting my money in to backfill their f**k ups.

would we not just withhold the cash if we thought it was being skimmed?

I just think getting a fan stakeholding sounds great on paper but there's always a leader.  It's not like the "we" we're talking about here are all in the boardroom.  Neither would I want to be.

I think it's cleaner to keep the fund to playing squad and fan initiatives.  

just to add if we were funding specific things we actually see i.e. a safe standing section which I just noticed further on thread! i'm all for it.

getting shares doesn't mean anything is done.  It's the outputs i'd be keen to fund; not the inputs.

give me a list of things they want and i'll happily sign up

- Players

- Safe standing

- Junior Bairns trips

- Flags

- etc etc things fans want or can physically enjoy

having X number of shares in a company so somebody none of us really know can make decisions instead of someone we barely know doesn't get my juices going.

23 hours ago, AGPar said:

Because to do so would be portraying the support in a positive light, absolutely the last thing on earth this regime would wish to do.

It's really not so difficult to imagine. 

Exactly. And is the support bailing out the incompetent morons in charge of the club with panic January signing money only necessary because of their mismanagement of the club.

Ideally the supporters extra signings money would be used to get us out of this division, not cling on to safety by our fingernails

Edited by Bairn Necessities

51 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Could put the bars in for the back 15-20 rows all across the SS then nobody’s view would be obstructed.

I'm probably misunderstanding what you're meaning but would the back 15-20 rows not take us to more than half way down the stand?

Plus the fact that I sit toward the back and I don't want anybody standing in front of me thanks very much.