The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

If that is indeed the way its going, then hopefully it picks up a bit more momentum going forward, as the money used to bring McShane in is a great bit of business and one of them each January would be an outstanding boost to the squad. 

Don’t be so gullible. It’s all smoke, mirrors and spin.

A few different accountancy adjustments and the money could have gone to pay: off duds,; fines: legal and consultancy or agents fees etc. You’re just funding your Board’s mistakes.

Don’t be so gullible. It’s all smoke, mirrors and spin.
A few different accountancy adjustments and the money could have gone to pay: off duds,; fines: legal and consultancy or agents fees etc. You’re just funding your Board’s mistakes.

Branch Ton on our thread trying to make friends because everyone in Greenock knows he’s a fanny.

Maybe if you put as much effort into your own club then they would develop from being a tinpot club.

I wonder if the Bairn for Life scheme could get a wee boost after this current share scheme.

Once that's all sorted and there is more involvement/engagement from the fans realistically it would only take 1000 people to give £10 a month to pay for between 3-4 championship quality players or 2 real top signings to help us get up. Given how cheap season tickets are, particularly in the south stand I think that would be achievable and a lot of people would be quite happy to chip in. 

7 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

From what was said last night, B4L going forward (and may include the money donated so far) will be converted to shares. I know that issue held back a few of our group from contributing last year.

Frankly would rather continue with B4L and have a rough idea where the cash is going than subscribe to Fan Ownership Scheme

Frankly would rather continue with B4L and have a rough idea where the cash is going than subscribe to Fan Ownership Scheme

What utter drivel.

Money going into the club from any source just goes towards the whole pot no matter how it is dressed up. The more goes in the more gets spent with the vast majority of cash now getting spent on the first team.

So if BfL grows it will be more to spend in January to either sort out a mess or help push for promotion. If there is a fans buyout and the Contribution keeps coming when all the shares are taken up then it will have exactly the same impact. More cash - more to spend.

I wonder if the Bairn for Life scheme could get a wee boost after this current share scheme.

Once that's all sorted and there is more involvement/engagement from the fans realistically it would only take 1000 people to give £10 a month to pay for between 3-4 championship quality players or 2 real top signings to help us get up. Given how cheap season tickets are, particularly in the south stand I think that would be achievable and a lot of people would be quite happy to chip in. 

That is exactly what the BtB scheme is proposing. If the 900 odd who have pledged keep contributing when the shares have been taken up then you have your annual cash boost.

If the share scheme happens then not sure why the need for both schemes. However if the BtB scheme doesn’t take off I will rejoin the BfL scheme as it is currently the only show in town that is actually up and running and if the club is going to progress it needs more cash. The MSG have stated they won’t put up any more so we will need to. Unfortunately by doing that you are doing it and getting no say.

9 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Yes and it would only take those same 1000 fans 4 months to pay for Lang & Campbell's latest piece of incompetence - excluding legal fees of course.   

How are they still there?

Yes and it would only take those same 1000 fans 4 months to pay for Lang & Campbell's latest piece of incompetence - excluding legal fees of course.   
How are they still there?

This.

When fans are being ask to dip into their own pockets, it would be wise for the club to show that our money can and will be used for the betterment of the club, rsther than paying for costly recklessness/incompetence.

Get them tae f**k. There must be a price for throwing 40k of the clubs money away.

One thing about the BtB proposal is, like most, I pledged immediately it was announced. Only a nominal amount, £10 as I felt it was just important to show support for the idea. But as the proposal has grown legs and clearly has the support of a lot of fans, I'd be prepared to put in more than that and I wonder if there's a lot more than me would do the same?

One thing about the BtB proposal is, like most, I pledged immediately it was announced. Only a nominal amount, £10 as I felt it was just important to show support for the idea. But as the proposal has grown legs and clearly has the support of a lot of fans, I'd be prepared to put in more than that and I wonder if there's a lot more than me would do the same?

I think a big factor in increasing the amount the fans put in is a genuine and visible reduction in the influence of the MSG and the Chair and CEO being held to account for their actions (preferably replaced).

I'm not really fussed about having shares.  not really sure how it all works but i'd rather the money just went into a pot for the playing budget and other fan related expenditure that you actually see with your own eyes (beer tent,  half time entertainment or the like off the top of my head).

i don't care if we're owned legally by the 'fans' or Jim Radcliffe , i just want to see good football and the fans having a laugh.  one way or another it's not like 4000 people are running which pie company we should be going for.

i'm wavering whether to sign up.  I still think the objectives need to made crystal.

I'm not really fussed about having shares.  not really sure how it all works but i'd rather the money just went into a pot for the playing budget and other fan related expenditure that you actually see with your own eyes (beer tent,  half time entertainment or the like off the top of my head).
i don't care if we're owned legally by the 'fans' or Jim Radcliffe , i just want to see good football and the fans having a laugh.  one way or another it's not like 4000 people are running which pie company we should be going for.
i'm wavering whether to sign up.  I still think the objectives need to made crystal.
I almost agree with this. I maybe would have if it were not for things like closing the academy.

If we were to fund two, three or even more top signings a season on top of the playing budget everything may well be rosy in the garden football wise, until some smart c**t on the board decides they can increase their skim by letting the fan money take all the load. If we have a shareholding and a say then we can have checks and balances. I dont want to be part of a significant funding collective that gets no say in the other operations of the club.

Aye, like you say I dont particularly want a say in who supplies the pies, but I would want a say in massive directional shifts of the club if me and those like me are expected to become a lynchpin of the business model by way of hard earned coin.

For example, would a significant fan stakeholding allow said fans collective to vote on raising a motion to get Lang and Campbell out?

I dont want to be putting my money in to backfill their f**k ups.

Starting to feel the club are outsourcing jobs here 

Football clubs have 3 sections.

The Board - who run the club and make all the money decisions.

Managers/coaches/players - who are responsible for all the football on the park.

Fans -  who's job it is to support the team and put the cash in.

Suddenly it seems fans are to do 2 of these jobs.

9 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Starting to feel the club are outsourcing jobs here 

Football clubs have 3 sections.

The Board - who run the club and make all the money decisions.

Managers/coaches/players - who are responsible for all the football on the park.

Fans -  who's job it is to support the team and put the cash in.

Suddenly it seems fans are to do 2 of these jobs.

I think if the last 2 seasons played out differently the board would still make the money decisions but not with their own money.  By what i read of was it Craig 101 post before Edibairn started his sh*te the board were happy to take the investment but were not willing to let them have any say in the running/decisions and not being funny given some of the decisions over the last 2 seasons i question the competence of those running the club.

if i was going to turn over 300-500k to the club i would be pretty pissed off if i didnt any chance to say where my money was going.

Found this article and reading through it she has pretty much done a U turn on everything she talks about especially the development of young players:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/falkirk/margaret-lang-is-latest-spfl-leading-female-figure-1-3729214