The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

The problem is that quite a few of them seemed to think they were, even after they'd proven otherwise. The sight of Dallison attempting to stroll the ball out the back when everybody in the stadium knew he couldn't is part tragedy, part comedy. 

I think the English guys have all fell for the "Scottish football's a joke league" crap the media down there spout, they'd come up here thinking they would stroll games, must've been a bit of a culture shock to them. like I say good luck to them all, I hope they do well.

I'd like to see Lewis do well down there and improve as a player (I think he may be the worst full time professional player I've ever seen) but like the rest of our start of season squad it wasn't their fault they were brought up here to play in a league they just weren't good enough to play in.

Nah, f**k him, hope his ‘career’ goes down the absolute shitter.

11 hours ago, Jim Jenkins said:

Great 3 points yesterday nothing to fear against Dundee United in our next game I can see a top 6 finish which would be amazing considering we had a team full of shite for half a season I was at the Dunfermline game in October don't see much of Falkirk now as I live in the USA  and we have come a long way since then I go all the way back to the early 70s watching Falkirk and that was the worst performance I ever saw from any Falkirk team Ray is doing a great job    

Similar to you I live overseas (in Australia) now and don't get to see the Bairns much these days , other than FTV.

I did see Thistle away and QOS home in August this season live. I thought the QOS match was quite simply the worst display I have ever witnessed by a Falkirk team.  

To think Ray has turned things around in a matter if months, got us winning  & unbeaten in 2019 is nothing short of remarkable.

I am no fan of loan signings but understand the need , he had played the January window brilliantly it seems - which is not easy to do.  

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Scott Reekie signed for the reserves until the end of the season.

Good to see we are still thinking about youth players. 

14 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I think the English guys have all fell for the "Scottish football's a joke league" crap the media down there spout, they'd come up here thinking they would stroll games, must've been a bit of a culture shock to them. like I say good luck to them all, I hope they do well.

Surely the "scout"  who recommended them knew the standard of football he was putting them forward for.   Not totally the players' fault that they proved not to be good enough. 

14 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Nah, f**k him, hope his ‘career’ goes down the absolute shitter.

The player,  like almost all of Hartley's summer recruits,  wasn't up to the task, it's not entirely his fault he was brought in but subsequently failed miserably. He'll probably never darken Falkirk's door again so why would you be so happy for his future career away from the Club to completely fail? Seems a bit narrow-minded approach to take,  hoping that someone's future career,  and possibly working life,  fails simply because they were rubbish a your club. 

9 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Similar to you I live overseas (in Australia) now and don't get to see the Bairns much these days , other than FTV.

I did see Thistle away and QOS home in August this season live. I thought the QOS match was quite simply the worst display I have ever witnessed by a Falkirk team.  

To think Ray has turned things around in a matter if months, got us winning  & unbeaten in 2019 is nothing short of remarkable.

I am no fan of loan signings but understand the need , he had played the January window brilliantly it seems - which is not easy to do.  

I'm not a big fan of loan signings either but the team was so bad that Ray had no choice I just worry that if we stay up and I think we will there will be a whole new team again 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
20 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Yep x

I see fae the briggs has even managed to make irrational hate of ex players seem boring.

I am boring (and crabbit),  too old to change now. 

Edit to add: I'm glad you agree the hate about ex players is irrational though. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs