The Falkirk FC Thread

Need our fans not to get carried away now btw. Not losing to United in 2 weeks would be excellent, even if it does see other teams take two points out of us. Hope there arent folk now thinking we are world beaters.

Despite having a shite team until early January we’ve still accumulated more points than United over the last 10 league games. No reason to fear them.
Nevertheless, talk of promotion playoffs is way too premature. We have a lot of work to do at the bottom of the table first...

Despite having a shite team until early January we’ve still accumulated more points than United over the last 10 league games. No reason to fear them.
Nevertheless, talk of promotion playoffs is way too premature. We have a lot of work to do at the bottom of the table first...
Oh aye they have been pumped under Neilson already. Look to have had a good window but are by no means unbeatable. Us beating them now id say would be on a par with the 3 2 win over ICT in terms of a bit of a surprise. Just dont want to hear folk booing the team off if they arent scudding Utd is all. I only say that because we all know there will be some.... Just hope it doesnt catch on.

Ideally we need a draw between Alloa and Thistle, assuming we pick up points and Morton and QotS drop points then thats another 2 teams being dragged into the dogfight at the bottom

I think Dobbie and Dykes will keep QoS out of trouble. Morton, however, have managed just 7 goals in the last 10 league games....

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think Dobbie and Dykes will keep QoS out of trouble. Morton, however, have managed just 7 goals in the last 10 league games....

Its pretty much the norm for Morton for their post Christmas dip although i think their dip started with the arrival of JJ it's a poor state of affairs when there is more teams going to be involved in a relegation battle than there is for a promotion battle.

The good thing now is we look like we should at least be able to outpoint Alloa. Even if we end up in the playoffs its still in our hands to stay up. Thats the first step that needs take. Forget everyone except Pars and Morton. Queens wont end up in it. No way.

Its pretty much the norm for Morton for their post Christmas dip although i think their dip started with the arrival of JJ it's a poor state of affairs when there is more teams going to be involved in a relegation battle than there is for a promotion battle.

Actually, I think it’s great that every team in our division has something to play for.
Here’s another stat. We’ve now won 6 league games this season. No-one, outside the top three, has won more than seven.
We really do have an opportunity here, to drive up the table with a decent side....

When you look at it and being the optimist here and results dependent on others 9 pts between 4th and 8th isn't much  again your relying on other teams form.  But the dogfight at the bottom  is going to see a few other teams dragged into it and going to get more interesting than to see who goes up.

I'm quite optimistic usually but we surely won't get in to the promotion play offs. At least one team above us will pick up enough points to get the final slot, probably Queens. However, if we can keep picking the points we are then there's a high chance Dunfermline or Morten will end up in the bottom two come the end of the season. Which would be funny as f**k

Need our fans not to get carried away now btw. Not losing to United in 2 weeks would be excellent, even if it does see other teams take two points out of us. Hope there arent folk now thinking we are world beaters.

Keep expectations low so we can really be happy when we are in the play off places. GOTCHA

I really enjoyed yesterday. The mood amongst the fans was good and we actually enjoyed ourselves.

Team played well and in Dixon and The Edge we have added vocal leaders which is great.

Thought Paton had a very good second half and McShane rarely gives up possession.

Rudden’s work rate is fantastic and the lad has a bright future. Hopefully Defoe being in for 18 months gives us the opportunity to perhaps keep Rudden next season ?

Anyway, I enjoyed yesterday and I’m looking forward now.

COYB

If Tommy is leaving I feel sorry for him. In the system we were playing he was a key player but with a back 4 he does not fit which is a shame. Good luck if it happens Tommy

This. Sometimes you say all the best to a player when he goes if he hasnt specifically offended you, or been a dick about leaving etc. Its a bit different with Tommy.

His attitude, ability, will to win and relationship with the fans is all top notch and theres no way he doesnt want to stay with us. Bottom line is he is a very good wing back at this level but we just arent going to be playing a system he can fit in. Its also likely he will move higher up the park at some point in his career and would be exciting as a winger. But we cant carry a project just now.

I really hope Tommy does well, and maybe even see him back one day, and he can absolutely hold his head high even withe the state of the club throughout his time here, he never ever gave anything less than his all.

Tommy Robson loves us and I love Tommy Robson. [emoji26]