The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:
As expected, that’s the RC game postponed.

Disappointing IMO

Especially so if we manage to win on Saturday. Maybe just a perception, but the season really feels fragmented. Way too many “no league game” weekends for me.

Burgoyne
McGhee McKenna The Edge Dixon
Osman
McShane Paton
Waddington
Rudden Petra

Subs: Mitch Robson Kidd Brough McKee Todorov Lavery

Think Waddington would do great in behind the strikers. Wouldn’t drop Petra personally, thought he was great vs QOS and the goal will give him confidence.
Would put Brough on the bench as he is 1/3 of Hartley signings that has any real ability.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

As expected, that’s the RC game postponed.

What really ?? For the most shitiest mickey mouseiest didiest cup competition of all to take precedent . That is a total scandal.

In the last round one team could not even be bothered to play the rescheduled game. Christ it's as insignificant as a Scotland match 

15 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

2 so far for Nelson and just about scored a hat trick. Who was it that said he didn't think he was god enough? 

Edibairn has had a shocker this January window :lol:

I'll admit that I thought he would struggle too. His finishing when he was with us was pretty dire at times although he had a fantastic work rate .  He's obviously improved that area of his game since he left us though.

I'll admit that I thought he would struggle too. His finishing when he was with us was pretty dire at times although he had a fantastic work rate .  He's obviously improved that area of his game since he left us though.
You could see he had improved it even when he was with us. He said in an interview after his first goal he was working hard on composure.

My mind was routinely blown by our fans who said they werent fussed for getting him back.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Especially so if we manage to win on Saturday. Maybe just a perception, but the season really feels fragmented. Way too many “no league game” weekends for me.

Challenge cup semis always used to be a midweek fixture and should've stayed that way.   A load of pish getting a fixture changed that means you have to head up to the arse end  of beyond on a Tuesday night.  Thats why these cants were in the highland league in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You could see he had improved it even when he was with us. He said in an interview after his first goal he was working hard on composure.

My mind was routinely blown by our fans who said they werent fussed for getting him back.

I'd have defo taken him back. I just didnt think he was ready for the top flight yet.

16 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

February is boring.  It's already the 7th and we haven't signed a whole new team yet.  Bring back the good old days of a few weeks ago, that was exciting.  

We can still make signings, albeit they have to be free agents.

McKinnon said at some point that he wanted the reserve team to be full of young players who were no more than a year away (at most) from being ready to play for the first team. Currently we have only five youngsters and two of them have longterm injuries.

For that reason I wouldn't be surprised if you saw the odd youngster coming in. Particularly with the reserves due to play every Monday for the next seven weeks.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We can still make signings, albeit they have to be free agents.

McKinnon said at some point that he wanted the reserve team to be full of young players who were no more than a year away (at most) from being ready to play for the first team. Currently we have only five youngsters and two of them have longterm injuries.

For that reason I wouldn't be surprised if you saw the odd youngster coming in. Particularly with the reserves due to play every Monday for the next seven weeks.

I bet you he would've made sure we didnae bin the academy thats for sure.

23 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I bet you he would've made sure we didnae bin the academy thats for sure.

Under the new model the academy may yet return. If patrons and fans back a motion to go down this route again as I understand that would be enough to get it moving? 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

You chaps have offered a contract to Scott Reekie until the end of the season with the potential for another season if he does well. Young centre half released by United at the end of January. Filler for the reserves, I suspect.

Is his faither Auld Reekie?

I'll get my coat.

This reeks of Lang trying to save some credibility to me. As long as she is prepared to foot the bill then it is worth it just to noise up Greenock Morton a bit more. 

ML foot the bill [emoji23]. She doesn’t have a share to her name - loves spending/wasting everyone else’s cash.

All that cash we made in the summer with Billy Graham and Little Mix will be long gone I would guess now

5 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Under the new model the academy may yet return. If patrons and fans back a motion to go down this route again as I understand that would be enough to get it moving? 

EdiBairn would be turning in his grave at the very thought of this.