The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Branch Ton said:

The original decision clearly sets out various findings of fact. One of those was that the oral testimony of one of your principal witnesses was wholly unreliable and not in accordance with the proven timeline in respect of which your case also contained significant omissions.. Your only hope of overturning it is to demonstrate that the Panels Decision, based on those findings of fact, was perverse in the sense that no ordinary person could reach the same conclusion. 

You’ve no chance. Suck it up and quit wingeing. 

Image result for inject this into my veins meme

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:
Here he is #meltdowncity 

Quite astounding to have folk actually posting on the thread saying you are about to have a meltdown and then being unable to hold yourself back from doing it anyway. What a character.

I really think that folk need to lay off Branchton a bit as he seems to have really lost his shit.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

They were losing their manager anyway. Surely Rae would be dutybound to tell McKinnon of the interest and had he refused to give Ray permission he could have just said aye nae bother, wont be in tomorrow.

So you are left with a governing body imposing sanctions based on a breach of their protocol.

Not saying this for the craic or to troll, Morton deserve f**k all out of this. No notice period from them is one of two things. An absolute howler, or seen as mutually beneficial and worth the risk.

Rae did give permission 2nd time of asking though the intelligence of saying we cant offer him the job is hilarious

Its obvious that McKinnon was using Morton as a stepping stone that's by the by but if the governing body had acted to give Morton compo, even the full 40k then it would be up to Morton to appeal if they felt it wasn't enough as I personally think we would've went ok done deal.  We are now in a situation where we don't really know if this 40k will be the only outgoing depending if Morton are successful in going to court for compo of which none of us know if they will be successful or not in doing so

In a typical Scottish football manner we are at amateur level

i dont see how anyone can claim compensation when it states there was no provision in the contract for compensation or notice period for failure to complete the contract . So in one way how that reads is Morton could sack RM but not have to pay any compensation or give him any notice but in this case the failure to put that in RM contract has fucked Morton up and backfired as he left before they could sack him should he failed.

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Rae did give permission 2nd time of asking though the intelligence of saying we cant offer him the job is hilarious

Its obvious that McKinnon was using Morton as a stepping stone that's by the by but if the governing body had acted to give Morton compo, even the full 40k then it would be up to Morton to appeal if they felt it wasn't enough as I personally think we would've went ok done deal.  We are now in a situation where we don't really know if this 40k will be the only outgoing depending if Morton are successful in going to court for compo of which none of us know if they will be successful or not in doing so

In a typical Scottish football manner we are at amateur level

I don't think he was using them as a stepping stone. He was quite happy to be their manager initially and then were issues behind the scenes which quite simply meant he wanted out. Not out to Falkirk, Hearts or Rangers, just out period. I suspect he would have gone anywhere just to get away from Cappielow. And I'm not saying that just to wind up their fans.  It seems fairly obvious if you read between the lines of some of the public statements which have been made.

Morton won't get compensation because they're not entitled to any. They specifically removed those clauses from his contract of employment. For that reason it would be pointless for them to go to court. Not that they can anyway, because as members of the SPFL / SFA they're bound to use only the football authorities when pursuing grievances. Or so I believe; I imagine one of the QOS guys can confirm.

Can see where your coming from but the same time the SPFL didn't do themselves many favours either, no one comes out of it with much credibility. My favourite having to be the Morton contract with no termination or notice period added into it.

On another note to say to someone we are fining you on the chance of a "PROBABILITY" without anything other than that isn't exactly great in the SPFL favour either. 

contract.jpg.79c1f5b50d699ef2dd57eb6df7b718d0.jpg

The contract imo is irrelevant. We made an illegal approach, we were found guilty of inducing him to break it and got done.

Hold your hands up, we messed up and move on. These don’t admit that though as their lack of apology for their accusations of racism showed.

These two are determined to drag our club through the mud for some perverse reason.

The contract imo is irrelevant. We made an illegal approach, we were found guilty of inducing him to break it and got done.

Hold your hands up, we messed up and move on. These don’t admit that though as their lack of apology for their accusations of racism showed.

These two are determined to drag our club through the mud for some perverse reason.
I agree with this.

My line of questioning was more around what, if anything, else can come of this as my minimal understanding of it is focused on the notice period thing which to my mind should render further penalty impossible.

As I said before, Lang and Campbell should be going 20k each and getting themselves squarely to f**k alongside an apology to the fans. Dont even want to get started again on the racism incident. The lack of apology there shows more about them than their abilities to run a football club.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

And yet, we were found guilty on "probability" not "fact". Hence the appeal. 

If that is truly the clubs belief it should ould be heading to the Court of Session by way of Judicial Review.

The findings of primary fact form the basis for the probability finding. Saying you did not know you had to tell the truth at the first hearing is hardly valid grounds of appeal. 

Guest Ecosse83

2 so far for Nelson and just about scored a hat trick. Who was it that said he didn't think he was god enough? 

Edibairn has had a shocker this January window :lol:

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

2 so far for Nelson and just about scored a hat trick. Who was it that said he didn't think he was god enough? 

Seen that as well doing well since his move.

On another note has he been banned or using another alias ?

25 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Remember his response to Bairnardo when asked to supply the shocks that he said were coming our way?

He said 1) Kidd established as RB by end of January, 2) Tommy Robson would be gone, 3) Return of a certain ex Falkirk player.

I think that was three out of three completely wrong, and is assessment of Nelson was of course, completely wrong too.

As to aliases, he has his London one, his ontovictory one, and at least one other, but in truth he might well have half a dozen.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Remember his response to Bairnardo when asked to supply the shocks that he said were coming our way?

He said 1) Kidd established as RB by end of January, 2) Tommy Robson would be gone, 3) Return of a certain ex Falkirk player.

I think that was three out of three completely wrong, and is assessment of Nelson was of course, completely wrong too.

As to aliases, he has his London one, his ontovictory one, and at least one other, but in truth he might well have half a dozen.

Excuse me - leave me out of this please. I am totally unconnected to Edibairn - I can be my own arse thx v much! Await your apology.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

See it’s posts like that almost make me not want you to go down... almost.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

See it’s posts like that almost make me not want you to go down... almost.

I can understand why you are mildly conflicted. There’s the acidic stuff that the younger members of the Kirk use to cause the Greenock pot to boil over, and then there’s what we generally all feel about CC & ML and the free rein they have to indulge in the same sort of feckwittery that was supposed to have stopped when George Craig the tent salesman was punted out the door (before finding another gullible in the shape of Leeann Dumpster).

12 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

This reeks of Lang trying to save some credibility to me. As long as she is prepared to foot the bill then it is worth it just to noise up Greenock Morton a bit more. 

I wondered who the author of the flurry of club statements was.

I however think differently in regards to the source . 

From his early days of a super high profile, constant media exposure, and a "come in and have a cup of coffee attitude"to the latter day version of the invisible man (apart from his mute performance at the fans meeting) - I reckon Craig Campbell is the man. His ego appears so massive he can't resist not saying nothing & he has found the perfect vehicle to bump his gums whilst not quite being in the firing line. 

I struggle to believe Margaret was across the racist statement considering she is a lawyer and there was no use of the word "alleged"  anywhere on such a damning, potentially libelous, accusation with no proof.   

Edited by Hank von Hell