The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Russ said:

Still not sure if our game with Ross County will go ahead that weekend. They’re due to play the winners of East Fife/Bohemians that weekend if that game ever goes ahead of course.

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The utter shambles of that cup is now having repercussions on the league.  Hopefully this Irish/Welsh/English club experiment is put firmly in the bin.    

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As long as the colts go with them.

This year has been an utter debacle and it should absolutely be binned unless it is returned to original format

Doncaster & his cohorts have ruined a perfectly good competition for lower division teams.

Doncaster & his cohorts have ruined a perfectly good competition for lower division teams.
Yep. Nothing can just be what it is. Not all lower league teams took it seriously but most would enjoy winning it. But since it was obly for diddy teams anyway, no harm is shredding it to in order to take something that has f**k all to do with the arse cheeks and somehow twist it beyond recognition in the hope of furthering their cancerous influence on Scottish Football.

Just for a bit of perspective, if these c***s had got their way, Zak Rudden would be plodding about in a team of other young laddies getting hoofed up and down the seaside leagues.

Be interesting to see if anyone can attempt to make a case for why he would be better off playing for the colt team we took him from than being a major influence for a Championship side.

Anyone who cant see the positive contribution we have had from Petra needs their head checked. The arguement that he is not good enough might stack up eventually but he has contributed well to the points total we have so far.

We are still a long way from being able to turn our nose up at someone like him.

100% he is not good enough. He had 2/3 good runs yesterday in the first 20 minutes. Screwed a shot wide 5 minutes before half time then disappeared completely till a good finish. He has the attributes pace and power just doesn’t do it enough for me.

Whilst I agree with this generally, he was pretty crap yesterday defensively. The amount of times he shanked it straight out of the park in a panic was comical and whilst he doesn't shy away from anything, his positioning and anticipation whilst defending can be tough to watch at times. I think it was masked yesterday because of the formation we played with Paton and Osman filling in for him and DKD but if we don't have that defensive midfield cover he leaves us too exposed IMO. Great outball to have when we are pinned back deep though.

We wouldn’t need to play the way we are if we had a front player who could look after the ball. Hopefully Jarvis is that player.

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

100% he is not good enough. He had 2/3 good runs yesterday in the first 20 minutes. Screwed a shot wide 5 minutes before half time then disappeared completely till a good finish. He has the attributes pace and power just doesn’t do it enough for me.

Yes he is quite a frustrating player as defo has all the physical attributes.

I think he is ok for where we are just now but technically he ain’t brilliant.

Lad try’s hard though and given what I’ve seen this season I like him for that.

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Two month's ago we would have bitten someone's hand off just for a player willing to make those runs. 

Baby steps in the right direction, sounds OK to me. 

Edited by wullie robb
Mistake

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Just f**k up you, he had two good crosses that would have been goals had Rudden been more switched on. Add that to the goal and he was one of the few direct threats we had. 

And when he's not playing and we've got a big lump up front with Rudden, there will seriously be people complaining about the lack of movement and pace :unsure2:

Agreed.

BPM just moaning for the sake of it.

Petra reminds me a wee bit of Austin. Theres not a huge amount of natural talent there, but he somehow manages to get the end product there. He fires dangerous balls into the box most games he plays and has come up with goals too. He puts his legs and feet in strange places and seems to tangle himself up but by plugging away manages to get the cross or shot away.

His finishing can be suspect as we know and he has comedy moments, and I fucking hope next season we are talking about whether Petra is good enough for our seasons aims. I even hope I am sat here saying no hes not.

One of my mates was at the game yesterday, he got tickets from his kids school in the North Stand. Played football all his days but doesnt know anything about us or our players. I was interested to hear him pick out Osman and Petra for praise. Specially glad re Osman who was looking like becoming my new target.

Just been reading up on the East Fife debacle - astonishing incompetence from the blazers. Then I read the St Mirren match thread and Dallas just blatantly cheating, you've got to wonder what the f**k is going on with the game. 
Have only seen one of the pens Dallas gave the h**s and it was a disgraceful decision. The corruption in Scottish football towards certain clubs has gone on too long.

Still believe refs in Scotland should be made to say which team they support as they have to do in England.

Guest Ecosse83
37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Petra reminds me a wee bit of Austin. Theres not a huge amount of natural talent there, but he somehow manages to get the end product there. He fires dangerous balls into the box most games he plays and has come up with goals too. He puts his legs and feet in strange places and seems to tangle himself up but by plugging away manages to get the cross or shot away.

His finishing can be suspect as we know and he has comedy moments, and I fucking hope next season we are talking about whether Petra is good enough for our seasons aims. I even hope I am sat here saying no hes not.

One of my mates was at the game yesterday, he got tickets from his kids school in the North Stand. Played football all his days but doesnt know anything about us or our players. I was interested to hear him pick out Osman and Petra for praise. Specially glad re Osman who was looking like becoming my new target.

Osman was fantastic with the job he done yesterday. As the manager said he done a job that would have went largely unnoticed and kept Dobbie at bay.

The neutral reporter for BBC Scotland also picked out Petra as one of our star players yesterday. Honestly don’t know what some of our fans expect from him (or others for that matter). Could score a hatrick, clear one off the line and assist two and still would get moaned at. He’s hardly a world beater but who is in the Scottish Championship. Puts 100% effort in every week and it’s something you can’t question. Rather have that and lack a bit of quality at times than the opposite.

Give me Petra running his heart out, stretching defences and chipping in with a goal and assist now and again over the rest of the jokers we had upfront for 6 months.

edit to add that I’d transfermrkt is right he’s been involved directly in 10 goals this season , 4 goals and 6 assists which does sound right.

Edited by gav-ffc

Give me Petra running his heart out, stretching defences and chipping in with a goal and assist now and again over the rest of the jokers we had upfront for 6 months.
edit to add that I’d transfermrkt is right he’s been involved directly in 10 goals this season , 4 goals and 6 assists which does sound right.

Has he not played there all season?