The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

February is going to be a hell of a month. Alloa away, Ross County away, Dundee United at home.

Dont know what the new expectation should be. A month ago, it was probably three points at most, but now? Obviously RC and DU are the big budget boys, and I am sure DKD won’t be allowed to play against RC, and the Edge will be out versus DU.

Don’t think we will win all three, but three points next week has to be a realistic target, and one more “shock” win against any of the other two would be fantastic. Hopefully no less than 4 points, and anything above that would feel like a wee lottery win.

I thought we were fucked after the ICT game because I felt we needed to win it due to the Dobbie effect probably meaning we would get nothing today. I now feel we need to beat Alloa as I think RC will beat us and the most we can hope for v DU is a draw.

That being the case I can see Alloa beating us but us picking up 4 points from the two after that! :huh:

February is going to be a hell of a month. Alloa away, Ross County away, Dundee United at home.

Still not sure if our game with Ross County will go ahead that weekend. They’re due to play the winners of East Fife/Bohemians that weekend if that game ever goes ahead of course.

27 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

hard to believe we're still bottom of the league having lost only 2 games in our last 11

It's a good reminder we can't afford to keep drawing games. Last time we got relegated it was because we kept meekly drawing games, so it was good to get a number of goals spread out amongst the team today. 

Today was really important and next week it is crucial that we pick up 3 points given that we have 2 really tough fixtures after that.

I thought Petra looked a different player yesterday.
Remember he had to go back to Lithuania a few weeks ago for personal reasons. Whatever it was he appears to have dealt with it and looked much more of an accomplished player on the ball.
There’s a reason he’s a full international for Lithuania and if he plays to the standard he played yesterday we may have got something positive out of the Hartley fiasco after all ...

I thought Petra looked a different player yesterday.
Remember he had to go back to Lithuania a few weeks ago for personal reasons. Whatever it was he appears to have dealt with it and looked much more of an accomplished player on the ball.
There’s a reason he’s a full international for Lithuania and if he plays to the standard he played yesterday we may have got something positive out of the Hartley fiasco after all ...
Anyone who cant see the positive contribution we have had from Petra needs their head checked. The arguement that he is not good enough might stack up eventually but he has contributed well to the points total we have so far.

We are still a long way from being able to turn our nose up at someone like him.

Anyone who cant see the positive contribution we have had from Petra needs their head checked. The arguement that he is not good enough might stack up eventually but he has contributed well to the points total we have so far.

We are still a long way from being able to turn our nose up at someone like him.
Whilst I agree with this generally, he was pretty crap yesterday defensively. The amount of times he shanked it straight out of the park in a panic was comical and whilst he doesn't shy away from anything, his positioning and anticipation whilst defending can be tough to watch at times. I think it was masked yesterday because of the formation we played with Paton and Osman filling in for him and DKD but if we don't have that defensive midfield cover he leaves us too exposed IMO. Great outball to have when we are pinned back deep though.

10 hours ago, Russ said:

Still not sure if our game with Ross County will go ahead that weekend. They’re due to play the winners of East Fife/Bohemians that weekend if that game ever goes ahead of course.

The utter shambles of that cup is now having repercussions on the league.  Hopefully this Irish/Welsh/English club experiment is put firmly in the bin.    

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

The utter shambles of that cup is now having repercussions on the league.  Hopefully this Irish/Welsh/English club experiment is put firmly in the bin.    

Just been reading up on the East Fife debacle - astonishing incompetence from the blazers. Then I read the St Mirren match thread and Dallas just blatantly cheating, you've got to wonder what the f**k is going on with the game. 

As long as the colts go with them.

This year has been an utter debacle and it should absolutely be binned unless it is returned to original format

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As long as the colts go with them.

This year has been an utter debacle and it should absolutely be binned unless it is returned to original format

In a few years, this is going to be looked upon like the golden goal fiasco from a few years back - something different worthwhile trying but ultimately an abject disaster.

"Hey lads, remember that time we went to Bohemians in Ireland, and the game was called off with 7 minutes notice, and then we couldn't play any league games on a Saturday for a month?  Oh how we laughed.  Good times."