The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

We might not even play with wide players every game. I can see a mid three made up of three out of Paton, McShane, Osman and Waddington with DKD in behind the strikers being effective as well. Guess we'll find out today. 

That’s why I suggested in my original post. Would be happy to see that.

3 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

Actually think he’s a bit hazardous. No doubt he will be a great player but I’d rather go with the experience than the young boy.

We wont have the well drilled Inverness counter attack which at times was like watching the red arrows at times with the runs their players made , which we struggled to deal with all game.

Its back to basics today with Dobbie and co......tho his basics give me the fear for our defence after last week

8 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Definitely think Robson will be binned going forward. Every manager seems desperate to get him out of the team if possible .

We have a few certain starters

Burgoyne, McKenna, McGhee, Dixon, McShane and Rudden. 

Perm any five from the rest. Hope Jarvis starts and Keillor Dunn. 

I'd be surprised if osman doesn't start most games too.  

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Osman Mcshane Paton should be sid enough, assuming Osman shows up. 

I agree that has the potential to be a good middle 3. Hopefully DKD runs riot on the left of the 3 up top.

If we keep making up points on alloa, Dunfermline and Morton, Thistle can do what they want. 
Morton will be nowhere near it IMO. Pars maybe, but we cant be fucking about anymore not going for games while other teams are making their break for safety. Which it would appear Thistle are doing.

I have been pretty consistent that I think us and Thistle will overhaul Alloa but I want f**k all to do with these playoffs either.

I'm not so sure on the Morton front, tbh. They are looking like a team away to implode. We need to be closing games down more, hopefully this is the start of a better run, because we sure as f**k need one. 
If we win and they lose today they will still be 8 clear of us.

Best of concentrate on Alloa, Thistle and the Pars. Any two of three is enough. Nae ppint worrying about anyone else.

Cracking result and keeps our good run of form going. Main points from today were:

1. Big Edge was great defensively and was a brilliant header for his goal. Did look a bit suspect when passing out from the back but his defensive play was a lot better than what I was expecting based on the reactions after we signed him.

2. Dixon had another great game, as did McKenna. Thought Mghee was much better than last week too. Hopefully the start of  a settled back four. Keeper looks a  great find aswell.

3. Osman looked a lot sharper and was really effective today. Paton played to his strengths aswell - not suitable for every game but certainly has been impressive at making our midfield more combative.

4. KDK was phenomenal; was a silly sending off but also wasn't helped by the  fact the ref couldn't fucking wait to show him a second yellow.  Shame he'll miss next week but I think the impact of his absence will be reduced due to Alloa's pitch making the game really direct anyways.