The Falkirk FC Thread

We're definitely in a far better position than we were a month ago, that's not really a debate.

Wee bit concerned that we're light on wide players but midfield and defence is looking much improved with more options up top - if it was the start of the season you'd think no chance we'd be in this bother with the squad we have now. I'm concerned that we desperately need to start getting results, we've got so many loan and 6 month contracts in just now that if we end up cut adrift they might just down tools, see out the season and disappear off without a care in the world.

Best case scenario we get a bit of a St Mirren-esque run on which not only drags us up and away from the drop but makes us more attractive to players coming in during the summer and more attractive to the better players we have on 6m contracts (i.e. McKenna).

I'm happy with the squad. A squad that has went unbeaten through their first whole month together, could have been better but for a couple of glaring mistakes at the back which should hopefully be ironed out, especially now with a competent keeper in goals and a sort of settled first 11. Line up bingo should be easier to predict on a saturday now which is what we are after. Bring on Dobbie I say!! 

8 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Line up bingo should be easier to predict on a saturday now which is what we are after. Bring on Dobbie I say!! 

The bingo might settle down later perhaps but for now we have a lot of options for each postion where formation depending probably a factor who starts.

I still don't think we will get back to the Houston era where you could guess the 11 or be 1 out most weeks

Just got to see how the next 3 to 4 weeks go now. I didn't think we would get a right back in yesterday and proved right. Its not ideal but I don't think it was the worst area that needed strengthened. Must admit I am back feeling how I did last January that who knows how this will go. The earlier post regarding how attractive a club we now are is depressing but spot on.

Cup finals every week now and hopefully this bunch go onto drag us out of this hole. Slaughtering them from the word go isn't going to help things either.

Guest Ecosse83

Not sure how we will line up for Saturday but I'd go:

Burgoyne

McGhee.    McKenna.   Edge.    Dixon

MacLean     wadd.      Mcshane.  DKD

Rudden.  Jarvis

I've probably left someone important out but trying to remember all our players is hard just now. :lol:

Edited by Ecosse83

Am not interested in line up bingo anymore. Keeper and back 4 is pretty well settled now so its a case of selecting from a now sizable pool for midfield and attack.

Theres 2 things I am interested in. Get fucking DKD in the starting line up.

Get fucking 2 up top.

If we have signed two strikers at the last moment then continue to allow Rudden to chase lost causes for 90 minutes I will be seething.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

At least you left us mainly in peace over the last couple of months rather than constantly spamming our thread with "you're doomed"-type posts. Thanks for that.

As for dishonourable, let's just say there is more to come on this subject. I suspect the appeal process will be used and what comes to light then may alter the final outcome. 

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.

Albeit you don't actually have any chickens, as without a compensation clause you were never due any. 

You had your chance and blew it. You can't introduce new evidence on appeal but the appeal court  have the power to increase the penalty. Only your Board would be stupid enough to drag this on. 

8 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

You had your chance and blew it. You can't introduce new evidence on appeal but the appeal court  have the power to increase the penalty. Only your Board would be stupid enough to drag this on. 

Right Branchie nobody really gives a shit about this anymore so please jog on unless you have anything relevant to say. 

10 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

f**k off Matlock, would you?

We're definitely in a far better position than we were a month ago, that's not really a debate.
Wee bit concerned that we're light on wide players but midfield and defence is looking much improved with more options up top - if it was the start of the season you'd think no chance we'd be in this bother with the squad we have now. I'm concerned that we desperately need to start getting results, we've got so many loan and 6 month contracts in just now that if we end up cut adrift they might just down tools, see out the season and disappear off without a care in the world.
Best case scenario we get a bit of a St Mirren-esque run on which not only drags us up and away from the drop but makes us more attractive to players coming in during the summer and more attractive to the better players we have on 6m contracts (i.e. McKenna).
I wouldn't say we're light on wide players. You've got Petra, MacLean, DKD and Robson who should all be able to do a job wide for us. You've also got Waddington and O'Hara who you can shoehorn out there if needed

2 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

I didn't use the word "new".   :ph34r:

The full story isn't out. I suspect it WILL come out now, and that when it does things may look a little different. 

Last word from me as I think folk are getting a little bored with the topic.

13 minutes ago, Rocco said:
1 hour ago, Boaby The Bairn said:

I wouldn't say we're light on wide players. You've got Petra, MacLean, DKD and Robson who should all be able to do a job wide for us. You've also got Waddington and O'Hara who you can shoehorn out there if needed

Fair point - I would have thought that only 3 of those are naturally wingers though. Robson is a left back, O'Hara a striker and Waddington a midfielder. We've spent the last year playing players out of position, would like to see Ray playing players in their natural positions.

Fair point - I would have thought that only 3 of those are naturally wingers though. Robson is a left back, O'Hara a striker and Waddington a midfielder. We've spent the last year playing players out of position, would like to see Ray playing players in their natural positions.
I'd argue that Robson is a wing back and not a full back, so should be able to adjust to left mid quite easily and I'd quite comfortably say he'll be a better wide player than Petra . The other two I agree, hence why I said we could shoehorn them in. We have plenty cover though which was my original point

13 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Can someone do a list of all the players we signed in the last window, and then this one?  Must be a massive number of people.

It’s only 29.

Well here's this windows from the FH:

IN: Ian McShane (St Mirren), Paul Dixon (Grimsby), Abdul Osman (PAS Lamia), Ross MacLean (Motherwell), Mark Waddington (Stoke), Shayne Lavery (Everton, loan), Ciaran McKenna (Duke University), Davis Keillor-Dunn (Ross County), William Edjenguele (Dundee United, loan), Harry Burgoyne (Wolverhampton Wanderers, loan), Aaron Jarvis (Luton Town, loan)

OUT: Marcus Haber (loan ended), Mustapha Dumbuya (released), Prince Buaben (end of contract), Dennon Lewis (released), Ruben Sammut (recalled by Chelsea, loan terminated), Mark Russell (released), Tom Dallison (released), Andy Irving (loan ended), Robbie Mutch (Deveronvale, loan), Scott Harrison (Spennymoor Town, Loan)