The Falkirk FC Thread

Underwhelming end to the transfer window perhaps but we got a lot of our business done early doors. Despite having the 3rd of 4th highest budget in the league to offer players, it appears it’s been very hard to attract quality players to the bottom of the second tier in scottish football. Bar any free transfers that come in, this is us for the rest of the season so let’s hope they can do enough to keep us up.

Guest Ecosse83

Just woke up to the news we have signed another striker, didn't see that one coming. 

Now we have another 2 forwards does that mean 442 from now on?

I'm hearing from a reliable source that we were close to getting Tidser last night rather than on a pre-contract but Crawford Rae started crying and stomping his feet and rolling around on the floor screaming, then hiding Tidser's carkeys in a safe until after the deadline. 

It's said he will be claiming compensation for Falkirk even thinking about taking his best player this window. 

8 hours ago, AGPar said:

Bottom line is that we just are not that attractive a proposition at the moment for any player who may have other options. Thought we got off to a good start by signing decent, experienced players like Dixon and McShane and would have liked to have seen a  few more in that mould, but since then it feels like a lot of gambles have been taken again. All a bit scattergun. We've got reasonable numbers, but not convinced about the quality, only time will tell. Beyond Keillor-Dunn (and even that is based on a couple of fleeting cameos) I see precious little creativity in that squad. Cannot see anything other than a real battle over the next three months.

Yeah, that's my issue. We look a bit plodding and still have no right back. 

We have a lot of untried youngsters again. Probably forced on us with the loan market and not wanting to sign players on longer deals. 

On the plus side we've definitely improved Hartley's house of horrors squad, and even those losers weren't cut adrift in this shitey standard of a division.

Its hard to say how many points we'll need from the last 14 games. Could be as little as 14 to finish 9th, or as much as 20.

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Yeah, that's my issue. We look a bit plodding and still have no right back. 

We have a lot of untried youngsters again. Probably forced on us with the loan market and not wanting to sign players on longer deals. 

On the plus side we've definitely improved Hartley's house of horrors squad, and even those losers weren't cut adrift in this shitey standard of a division.

Its hard to say how many points we'll need from the last 14 games. Could be as little as 14 to finish 9th, or as much as 20.

We are certainly a much stronger outfit than we were even a month ago but there is no get out of jail card in the form of Brechin or Dumbarton this season.

It's going to be a real fight to the death between ourselves, Thistle, Alloa and the Fifers.

Reasonably confident we will stay up one way or another but it's going to be a fraught few months.

I think if he sticks the right 11 on the park we'll be ok. Defence should be solid if unspectacular with mcghee and dixon at full back. Keeper looks excellent. Need to get paton in beside mcshane and Dkd needs to start instead of mclean . Loads of options up front with lavery and rudden as the runners and jarvis and todorov as the physical men.  Lots more options on the bench with mclean, petra etc.

29 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think if he sticks the right 11 on the park we'll be ok. Defence should be solid if unspectacular with mcghee and dixon at full back. Keeper looks excellent. Need to get paton in beside mcshane and Dkd needs to start instead of mclean . Loads of options up front with lavery and rudden as the runners and jarvis and todorov as the physical men.  Lots more options on the bench with mclean, petra etc.

Lavery won't be anywhere near the first team now, he will be fighting for an unused sub role with O'Hara

1 hour ago, Insert Username Here said:

I'm hearing from a reliable source that we were close to getting Tidser last night rather than on a pre-contract but Crawford Rae started crying and stomping his feet and rolling around on the floor screaming, then hiding Tidser's carkeys in a safe until after the deadline. 

It's said he will be claiming compensation for Falkirk even thinking about taking his best player this window. 

Are you saying that there actually is someone in Falkirk on whose word you can rely?  Thought you just made things up as you went along. 

5 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Are you saying that there actually is someone in Falkirk on whose word you can rely?  Thought you just made things up as you went along. 

I'm surprised your keyboard still works, it must be utterly drenched with salty tears. Let it go man, you're like the bitter ex lover who just won't move on.

2 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Random. Guy Bingo still in play post Hartley at Dishonourable FC. Good luck with that. 

At least you left us mainly in peace over the last couple of months rather than constantly spamming our thread with "you're doomed"-type posts. Thanks for that.

As for dishonourable, let's just say there is more to come on this subject. I suspect the appeal process will be used and what comes to light then may alter the final outcome. 

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.

Albeit you don't actually have any chickens, as without a compensation clause you were never due any. 

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It’s a strange feeling as I’m usually pretty optimistic but I don’t see this squad being enough to stay up. Hopefully it’s just the fear.

I'm a bit like this myself. I'm hoping it's the effect of doing most of the business early so being a bit underwhelmed by the end of it seeing everyone else strengthen as the month went on. 

No idea what to make of the Jarvis signing other than hoping for the best as is the usual case with these loans. Not particularly impressed with Todorov signing but I think he might be considered an option off the bench.

I'm still genuinely amazed that we don't have a proper RB in but McGhee/Kidd are probably passable there till the end of the season.

I'm more confident about staying up than i was before this window but it's going to be a real battle, draws aren't good enough any more and it's time to see what McKinnon is made of. 

Every game from now till the end of the season is a 6 pointer. The mindset has to be the same as a cup tie, we must win the game.This is not going to be pretty to watch and not good for the heart or the mental state during games.

Just a short while ago you could boast that we had a team of home produced talent and sell a couple of players a year and replace them. Having the hope of selling the multi million pound player that allowed clubs the size of Falkirk such as Hamilton, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Motherwell to survive in the top league.

Now we are in a situation of scrambling around picking up scraps from other clubs. What a mess and all self inflicted.

One thing is for certain at the end of the season. There has to be root and branch reform at every level of the club. Lay out an objective and how to achieve it. Provincial clubs I have mentioned managed it, so there is no reason FFC can't do the same.

16 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

F658066E-D8EA-49A4-B3BE-A4D95EF1EB3A.gif