The Falkirk FC Thread

hahahahahaha

I love Toddy but holy f**k you've just signed Dylan Mackin 2.0, except this version is more clumsy

Come on surely to f**k he’s got to be better than Mackin?

Ryan Blair, can't remember anything about him. He's not a winger is he? 

Nah he’s a central midfielder.

Not a bad player but also I couldn’t name anything he’s particularly good at either. Just extremely average.

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Central midfield,

1 minute ago, wee_bairn said:

A centre midfielder. Technically very good but you often wonder what he actually brings to a football match. Can’t tackle, drive with the ball or create defence splitting passes. He did score a decent goal in our last game of the season against St.Mirren.

That's odd, the one position where I thought we had playoff standard players was centre mid. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Stuck out like a sore thumb in reserve games but never replicated it in the first team. 

I thought your lot had loads o centre mids ?

30 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Who were the two strikers? Jarvis and who?

Really disappointed with this window. I think we needed a lot more. Not really McKinnon's fault as this isn't a great time to bring boys in, but I think we're short. Needed 3 more.

Bottom line is that we just are not that attractive a proposition at the moment for any player who may have other options. Thought we got off to a good start by signing decent, experienced players like Dixon and McShane and would have liked to have seen a  few more in that mould, but since then it feels like a lot of gambles have been taken again. All a bit scattergun. We've got reasonable numbers, but not convinced about the quality, only time will tell. Beyond Keillor-Dunn (and even that is based on a couple of fleeting cameos) I see precious little creativity in that squad. Cannot see anything other than a real battle over the next three months.

Good player, wee bit of a shitebag, needs loads of time on the ball, needs a strong central midfielder along side him. Tidy passer of the ball though.

16 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Waiting for signing news I feel like Jack and Victor waiting for the bus to arrive, I'm hoping for Boobra but I'm sure that we will get Edith - "this is bloody torture".

Barbara and Edith.jpg

Aw shoot, we got Edith! Think we will be lucky to finish 9th and just have to hope for the best in the play-offs.

Just have to see how it goes now. Window shut, overhaul number 3 complete, undefeated in January, Fan buyout pledging over 600k in three weeks and the regular board clusterfuck flushing 40k of that future cash down the drain. Never a dull moment

These signings will probably keep you guys up (although I've been saying you'll be fine for months). We've signed a keeper we didn't need, a central midfielder we didn't need and a striker who is currently injured. I know you've signed some dross recently but at least your transfer windows are exciting.

Who knows what Jarvis will be like but we didnt need another squad filler. Lavery doesnt seem to yave been signed to play. I hope Jarvis has.

As for Todorov, would be great to get 5 or 6 goals out him but the reality is he has been signed to do one job. Get us up the park. I am hopeful he can fulfil the rather basic role of battering ram better than arsehole Haber could. If he is up for it then thats a start.

Another window further away from that time we had a right back though.... [emoji23]

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

Stuck out like a sore thumb in reserve games but never replicated it in the first team. 

I thought your lot had loads o centre mids ?

We only have three but all three are first team players, with Martin going back to Hearts I suppose we might have been lacking in numbers but we really didn't need him. 

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Can’t be great news for young Lavery, seeing us sign two further strikers today.....

I think he knows the script, he was only brought in to get first team squad experience. I'm sure he will be given a chance, it's up to him to take it. 

Muirhead gone, Robson and O'Hara stay. How very wrong someone got it. And cannot deny it now. Had to be trolling.