The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

McKinnon comes across very badly in that written decision.

Probably no worse than the eejit Morton Chairman and whoever they had writing up contracts or the person who compiled the document itself.

15 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I can understand why a Falkirk fan would rather concentrate on spelling and grammar than their club acting in a dubious manner.

We just acted the same way as every other fitba club but we werent as good at covering it up unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Mr Toon said:

Really liked this part of the tribunal ruling, 

"Mr McKinnon was particularly unimpressive in his evidence and we were unable to accept that he was a sufficiently credible witness for his evidence to be relied upon by us..."

Great reputation to have when you are trying to deal with players and their agents. 

Whereas I really liked this part of the tribunal ruling,

"On the balance of probabilities it was clear to us that Mr McKinnon and Mr Taylor wanted to leave Greenock Morton as soon as the Falkirk manager’s job became available"

'As soon as it became available', let that just sink in where Morton really are, not even a slight ponder about it.

20 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Sounds like the argument of someone getting caught for speeding; "But everyone else does it!"

It is the same arguement.  You said we were acting dubiously.  We were just doing the same thing every other club does but badly and we got caught whilst everyone else manages to get away with it by not being so bloody stupid. If you stupidly speed when the cops are there or a camera u get caught.

Looks increasingly like it’s Rudden or no-one.

If the defence can sort itself out, and stop gift wrapping goals like last Saturday, we will do much better, but probably not better enough.

Just got to hope that there’s a bit of late night theatre to come....but I doubt it. 

This is reminding me of the deadline day where Leeds' Twitter posted to fans about 10:30pm "DON'T GO TO BED JUST YET", then half an hour later announced that two players were leaving.

In saying that, if we did that and then punted Fasan and Harrison I'd be off to The Garage.

42 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Caught out by Rae trying to cover his arse RE the lack of clauses in the contracts. If he hadn't gone ballistic with threats to deflect from his own clusterfuck, this would have blown over. When we didn't cough up the money he had tried to bluff, he had to follow through with his threats and all that has happened is that he's down legal fees.

Im sure he’ll be arsed when he looks at his bank balance.